Help..

But asking for the information in an introduction thread?

The Reconstruction was a massive, years-long series of projects, both public and private, covering a number of states. It would take far more than a few posts to properly address the topic.

Better for a student from E. Europe to do that -- than fly over here and try to find answers in a Starbucks.. If you wanted to bypass all the hype and incompetent press and you spoke the language -- you could learn volumes logging into a message board in the Ukraine.

Hello guys,

I am a student from Macedonia, that is preparing a diploma thesis on American Reconstruction. Therefor, I need your assistance. My question to all Americans is to tell me what do they think of the American Reconstruction as a process... Did it improve anything?? Was such process necessary ? Thanks in advance

Take Care

In a nutshell, the American Reconstruction was a 150 year process in which the Southern leaders, (conservative Democrats who believed believed in white supremacy, states rights, and disenfranchisemnt of negro voters ) were to be converted into Republicans, and it has been very successful.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I am a student from Macedonia, that is preparing a diploma thesis on American Reconstruction. Therefor, I need your assistance. My question to all Americans is to tell me what do they think of the American Reconstruction as a process... Did it improve anything?? Was such process necessary ? Thanks in advance

Take Care

In a nutshell, the American Reconstruction was a 150 year process in which the Southern leaders, (conservative Democrats who believed believed in white supremacy, states rights, amd disenfranchisemnt of negro voters ) were to be converted into Republicans, and it has been very successful.
To the OP, this comment is from what we call a "liberal" who need no facts, rewrites history and rely heavily on comedy shows for their news source.

Most Americans aren't going to have a strong view on reconstruction, it was generations ago and not a topic of contention. Views on the Civil War, however, will still get you a lot of opinions.

Hello guys,

Take Care

In a nutshell, the American Reconstruction was a 150 year process in which the Southern leaders, (conservative Democrats who believed believed in white supremacy, states rights, amd disenfranchisemnt of negro voters ) were to be converted into Republicans, and it has been very successful.
To the OP, this comment is from what we call a "liberal" who need no facts, rewrites history and rely heavily on comedy shows for their news source.

Most Americans aren't going to have a strong view on reconstruction, it was generations ago and not a topic of contention. Views on the Civil War, however, will still get you a lot of opinions.

And this post is from a poster who doesn't know what "liberal" means.

But he's correct that the scenario is erroneous -- because it's not quite 150 years yet.

But asking for the information in an introduction thread?

The Reconstruction was a massive, years-long series of projects, both public and private, covering a number of states. It would take far more than a few posts to properly address the topic.

Better for a student from E. Europe to do that -- than fly over here and try to find answers in a Starbucks.. If you wanted to bypass all the hype and incompetent press and you spoke the language -- you could learn volumes logging into a message board in the Ukraine.

:doubt:

And this post is from a poster who doesn't know what "liberal" means.
I spelled it out so even you could understand. Your approval isn't relevant to me.

Hello guys,

Take Care

And here, OP, you have the perfect example of current American political discourse: a concise, fact based response from a liberal, countered by a conservative ad hominen attack, completely devoid of any relevant facts.

And here, OP, you have the perfect example of current American political discourse: a concise, fact based response from a liberal, countered by a conservative ad hominen attack, completely devoid of any relevant facts.
And here we have a classic example of what psychiatrists refer to as "projection".

Forum List

Back