Help me undestand this latest poll....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
Sincerely, I am asking for help in understanding the chasm that exists among us.

Gallup just recently implemented a poll on president Obama's job approval. The president's number are as follows:

81% of democrats approve
47% of independents approve (which, as independents, makes some kind of sense.)

However, ONLY 10% of republicans approve of the president.

So I ask, what could cause such a drastic divide...where 4 out of 5 American democrats can see the president in a favorable light, while 9 out of 10 American republicans disdain the president's job performance.......

What could that amazing disparity be based on?

I'm not sure... :p

limbaugh-oreilly-hannity.jpg

I'm yet to see one rightwinger use a non biased news report. I don't think I've witnessed that on this forum. It's usually Breitfart or The American Stinker.

I'm yet to see one rightwinger use a non biased news report. I don't think I've witnessed that on this forum. It's usually Breitfart or The American Stinker.

There's no such thing as a "non biased news report," numskull.

Not where your google takes you, that's for sure. You wouldn't know a non biased news report if it slapped you in the face.

Sincerely, I am asking for help in understanding the chasm that exists among us.

Gallup just recently implemented a poll on president Obama's job approval. The president's number are as follows:

81% of democrats approve
47% of independents approve (which, as independents, makes some kind of sense.)

However, ONLY 10% of republicans approve of the president.

So I ask, what could cause such a drastic divide...where 4 out of 5 American democrats can see the president in a favorable light, while 9 out of 10 American republicans disdain the president's job performance.......

What could that amazing disparity be based on?

It would be good to know just how many people identified in each group.

If it is equal, then it looks like a pretty even distribution. And then, of course, "approve" and "disapprove" can mean so very many things.

Not all feel the the approval or disapproval with the same intensity.

And I have to wonder if Obama isn't just the face of an ideal that people don't like.

The same way people feel about Ted Cruz.

Not where your google takes you, that's for sure. You wouldn't know a non biased news report if it slapped you in the face.

You make if clear that you wouldn't know one because you believe they exist. By "non-baised" what you really mean is "liberal."

"You can keep your plan if you like it."

That's the "best" criticism you got???? Bury that dead horse already.

The "best".

I think I've seen sites that call out hundreds of his so-called "lies".

I was simply pointing out to the moron who was claiming misinformation that it works both ways.

And Obama isn't above it all.

Of course, if you like Obama your willing to look past his lies.

Many who were in love with GWB fell for his crapp too.

Again, I think people see a representation of an ideal of which they approve or disapprove and Obama is the high profile face of one of those ideals.

We see it here everyday.

We are a nation divided.
In almost every way possible.
Party
Race
Sexual orientation

And I list Party first because it is our own elected "leaders" that have hammered these wedges in place.
And neither Party has any room to blame the others' more than their own.

News report on what ?

Take for instance...Obamacare.

The left wants health care run by the government for a myriad of reasons.

The right really does not want it (or so they say).

Many don't think the government should be in this kind of program...many based on principle.

Many see the governments roll to do just what Obama did.

So what news report is there to worry about ?

Empirical evidence is used to satisfy pre-conceived notions.

Look at Social Security. Who thinks it is great. Who thinks it sucks......?

You make if clear that you wouldn't know one because you believe they exist. By "non-baised" what you really mean is "liberal."

Again, I'm not surprised that you don't know what real news looks like.

A news story that characterizes people in any way is disqualified from being real news. News is what happened. Bias is the spin put on it by celebrity pundits who want to tell you what to think about what happened, and what emotion you should feel according to their perception, not your own.

Is that clear enough for you?

Again, I'm not surprised that you don't know what real news looks like.

A news story that characterizes people in any way is disqualified from being real news. News is what happened. Bias is the spin put on it by celebrity pundits who want to tell you what to think about what happened, and what emotion you should feel according to their perception, not your own.

Is that clear enough for you?

Please post such an article in the Clean Debate Zone and we can review it for content.

I would love to participate in such an exercise.

Forum List

Back