Help me undestand this latest poll....

Why So Many Americans Hate Barack Obama - disinformation

For some Democrats, the explanation is simple: race. In recent weeks, West Virginia Sen. Jay Rockefeller, Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson and former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist have all said racism is the driving force behind Republican resistance to the president.

Republicans, unsurprisingly, say their disdain for Obama is based not on the color of his skin, but on the content of his policies.

“If any white Democrat had pushed through a billion-dollar stimulus plan and a takeover of the health care industry, he would have been equally detested by conservatives and Republicans,” says Whit Ayres, a GOP pollster and consultant.

There’s no question we’re living in a time of divisive politics, when roughly half the country is likely to hate the president, no matter whom he or she might be.

But race has been a factor in American politics since the very beginning. It’s certainly part of the mix in terms of responses to Obama.

His status as the nation’s first African-American president exacerbates the concerns of those who feel the country is changing rapidly in ways that are not always comfortable.

“It’s more than just about race,” says Christopher Parker, a political scientist at the University of Washington. “He represents the changing demographic nature of America, the browning of America.”

I'm yet to see one rightwinger use a non biased news report. I don't think I've witnessed that on this forum. It's usually Breitfart or The American Stinker.

There's no such thing as a "non biased news report," numskull.

Not where your google takes you, that's for sure. You wouldn't know a non biased news report if it slapped you in the face.

You make if clear that you wouldn't know one because you believe they exist. By "non-baised" what you really mean is "liberal."

Again, I'm not surprised that you don't know what real news looks like.

A news story that characterizes people in any way is disqualified from being real news. News is what happened. Bias is the spin put on it by celebrity pundits who want to tell you what to think about what happened, and what emotion you should feel according to their perception, not your own.

Is that clear enough for you?

Bias is demonstrated simply by what a station chooses to report on. When a station chooses to have a story about the homeless every night of the week, that's bias. It doesn't matter if they are all presented without "spin." A perfect example is when the NYT published story after story on the front page about Abu Ghraib.

5 Reasons Why We Love President Barack Obama

1)
One of the biggest and most-criticized Obama-backed reforms is the historic Affordable Care Act. Five presidents actually failed to create a health insurance plan that was not exorbitant and that Americans, across the aboard, could participate in. This year, more than 30-million Americans will finally gain access to quality and affordable healthcare insurance coverage. Bravo!

2) Former President George W. Bush could not do it, but our Prez did! After nine long and debilitating years in Iraq, 4,000 U.S. soldier deaths, and 32,000 U.S. troop injuries, the war that began in March 2003 under Bush’s watchful eye came to an end in December 2011. Obama had fulfilled one of his central campaign promises to end the war that he once referred to as “dumb,” vowing at the time to bring the troops home under his administration.

3) Osama Bin Laden was a dastardly terrorist who masterminded a devastating attack on these shores. The Al Qaeda terrorist group leader and the most-hunted man on the planet, who had eluded the CIA and the U.S. military for nearly a decade, was finally killed in May 2011. The defining moment in the American-led fight against terrorism that took place under

Obama’s command gave further impetus to the President’s agenda of finally bringing the American troops home. Bin Laden’s demise came nearly 10 years after Al Qaeda terrorists hijacked four American passenger jets on September 11, 2001, crashing three of them into the World Trade Center in New York City and the U.S. Pentagon outside Washington D.C. The fourth hijacked jet, United Flight 93, crashed into the Pennsylvania countryside after passengers fought the militants.

4) Our president is one of the eco-friendliest we’ve had in power. Obama pushed federal agencies to become more eco-conscious. More than four years ago, he issued an executive order requiring all federal agencies to make plans to curb their environmental impacts by 2020. Goals included a 30 percent reduction in fleet gasoline use, 26 percent boost in water efficiency, and sustainability requirements for 95 percent on all federal contracts. Since the federal government is the country’s single biggest purchaser of goods and services, the push is very likely to have ripple effects throughout the economy for years to come.

5) With his First Lady Michelle by his side, together, they fought the good fight of putting in place healthier school meals in an effort to wipe out childhood obesity. President Obama signed the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act in 2010, mandating that $4.5 billion be allotted toward developing higher nutritional and health standards for this country’s children’s lunches. The bill meant that the amount of nutritional fruits and veggies are doubled and require that only whole grains in food be served to school-aged children.

These five Obama accomplishments are just a drop in the bucket in the string of successes that he has secured under his belt. What the man got done in the first two years in office is mind-boggling, even though he has been met with combative opposition from Conservative populist, social, and political Tea Party members. Obama has steered this country out of what many economic forecasters were saying would have resulted in a second Great Depression.

1)
One of the biggest and most-criticized Obama-backed reforms is the historic Affordable Care Act. Five presidents actually failed to create a health insurance plan that was not exorbitant and that Americans, across the aboard, could participate in. This year, more than 30-million Americans will finally gain access to quality and affordable healthcare insurance coverage. Bravo!

2) Former President George W. Bush could not do it, but our Prez did! After nine long and debilitating years in Iraq, 4,000 U.S. soldier deaths, and 32,000 U.S. troop injuries, the war that began in March 2003 under Bush’s watchful eye came to an end in December 2011. Obama had fulfilled one of his central campaign promises to end the war that he once referred to as “dumb,” vowing at the time to bring the troops home under his administration.

3) Osama Bin Laden was a dastardly terrorist who masterminded a devastating attack on these shores. The Al Qaeda terrorist group leader and the most-hunted man on the planet, who had eluded the CIA and the U.S. military for nearly a decade, was finally killed in May 2011. The defining moment in the American-led fight against terrorism that took place under

Obama’s command gave further impetus to the President’s agenda of finally bringing the American troops home. Bin Laden’s demise came nearly 10 years after Al Qaeda terrorists hijacked four American passenger jets on September 11, 2001, crashing three of them into the World Trade Center in New York City and the U.S. Pentagon outside Washington D.C. The fourth hijacked jet, United Flight 93, crashed into the Pennsylvania countryside after passengers fought the militants.

4) Our president is one of the eco-friendliest we’ve had in power. Obama pushed federal agencies to become more eco-conscious. More than four years ago, he issued an executive order requiring all federal agencies to make plans to curb their environmental impacts by 2020. Goals included a 30 percent reduction in fleet gasoline use, 26 percent boost in water efficiency, and sustainability requirements for 95 percent on all federal contracts. Since the federal government is the country’s single biggest purchaser of goods and services, the push is very likely to have ripple effects throughout the economy for years to come.

5) With his First Lady Michelle by his side, together, they fought the good fight of putting in place healthier school meals in an effort to wipe out childhood obesity. President Obama signed the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act in 2010, mandating that $4.5 billion be allotted toward developing higher nutritional and health standards for this country’s children’s lunches. The bill meant that the amount of nutritional fruits and veggies are doubled and require that only whole grains in food be served to school-aged children.

These five Obama accomplishments are just a drop in the bucket in the string of successes that he has secured under his belt. What the man got done in the first two years in office is mind-boggling, even though he has been met with combative opposition from Conservative populist, social, and political Tea Party members. Obama has steered this country out of what many economic forecasters were saying would have resulted in a second Great Depression.

Strange: those are all the reasons I hate Obama.

The above two articles could easily be turned on each other.

I won't evaluate them for content....I am just pointing out that they represent a long list of POVs that both sides have had long before BO ever arrived on the scene.

1)

Which is just what I am saying.

It isn't about Obama.....it is about far left and far right policy.

I'm yet to see one rightwinger use a non biased news report. I don't think I've witnessed that on this forum. It's usually Breitfart or The American Stinker.

Not where your google takes you, that's for sure. You wouldn't know a non biased news report if it slapped you in the face.

You make if clear that you wouldn't know one because you believe they exist. By "non-baised" what you really mean is "liberal."

A news story that characterizes people in any way is disqualified from being real news. News is what happened. Bias is the spin put on it by celebrity pundits who want to tell you what to think about what happened, and what emotion you should feel according to their perception, not your own.

Please post such an article in the Clean Debate Zone and we can review it for content.

I would love to participate in such an exercise.

I started a thread on this very subject a while back. If you'd like to start another one, I'd be happy to participate.

Of course, my dear right wingers, you'll be so darn pissed off when Obama gets another Nobel Peace Prize for the Iran deal........I, for one, don't really think he'll deserve it......but you folks will go ballistic.

Please post such an article in the Clean Debate Zone and we can review it for content.

I started a thread on this very subject a while back. If you'd like to start another one, I'd be happy to participate.

Can you point me to it ?

It's called partisan politics today the majority in both parties see their party's way as the only way so you get both sides supporting their party no matter what and opposing the other party no matter what.

Of course, my dear right wingers, you'll be so darn pissed off when Obama gets another Nobel Peace Prize for the Iran deal........I, for one, don't really think he'll deserve it......but you folks will go ballistic.

It isn't really a Nobel Peace Prize.

It's just given by the same group.

Bias is demonstrated simply by what a station chooses to report on. When a station chooses to have a story about the homeless every night of the week, that's bias. It doesn't matter if they are all presented without "spin." A perfect example is when the NYT published story after story on the front page about Abu Ghraib.

You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about.

I've posted this before, but maybe this will help.

Examples:

A right-wing biased report says, "Yesterday just as innocent children were getting off their school bus, a Democrat exposed himself to the whole busload by setting himself on fire, thus burning all his clothes off right in front of them. I think this is just the logical conclusion of Liberal/Progressive values. Watch out -- the Liberals may set YOU on fire next!!"

A left-wing biased report says, "In an apparent hate crime, a victim of the crassly wealthy bankers of Wall Street who illegally foreclosed on his home was burned at the stake in a public park yesterday by armed Tea Party thugs, bused in by The Koch Brothers and Rupert Murdoch. We will be covering tonight's candlelight vigil for the murdered man at 8 pm."

The "real" news story goes like this....A news reporter says "At 3 pm yesterday afternoon, a man in Times Square burst into flames in what is being called "spontaneous human combustion" by police. More information to come as the incident is investigated."

Last edited:

1)

What a coinky-dink! Good thing your biased news tells you how to think and feel.

Can you point me to it ?

Example, post # 35.

Sincerely, I am asking for help in understanding the chasm that exists among us.

Gallup just recently implemented a poll on president Obama's job approval. The president's number are as follows:

81% of democrats approve
47% of independents approve (which, as independents, makes some kind of sense.)

However, ONLY 10% of republicans approve of the president.

So I ask, what could cause such a drastic divide...where 4 out of 5 American democrats can see the president in a favorable light, while 9 out of 10 American republicans disdain the president's job performance.......

What could that amazing disparity be based on?

I bet you think it's racial...

Forum List

Back