Help Me Book My Disney Trip

Gagafritz

Lady Germanotta Snicks
Dec 4, 2011
Hi guys, planning a trip to Disney this summer. Yeah, i know summer is hot but that is the only time available. I have already booked airfare, hotel and car. Now, i just need to know how to bundle the attractions, plan stuff out and best way to get meals and keep the costs down with that. We are planning to go about 14 days. Want to see Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Universal, Magic Kingdom and maybe some dinner shows and Blue Man group., etc. Also plan to ride the Itrolley around for convenience. Any advice would be great.

You didn't mention kids...is this a family trip then?
If there are no kids going...then I would skip Disney. It is over-the-top expensive, the streets are lined with stores to buy Disney crap, the park is out-dated and you will spend most of your time walking around looking at Disney stuff...to buy.
Epcot is the best part.
The Disney park itself is boring, super commercialized and not a heckuva lot to do unless standing in lines and shopping in 20 different stores all carrying the same items is your thing.

My perfect plan for a Florida vacation is not going anywhere near Disney so I can't help ya.

No kidding...of all the spots in Florida the Disney tourist trap is the last place anyone not with kids should go.
I did me Disney homage years ago with our two kids. Thank God Epcot was at least there to break up the torturous boredom of Disney.
And holy hell was everything expensive there!!

Screw that. My last Florida trip was Jacksonville Beach...not too crowded, nice restaurants and plenty of beach.

I don't know if you booked a date yet but the last two weeks in August all the kids from the south go back to school and the parks are empty. No lines, no waiting

Hi guys, planning a trip to Disney this summer. Yeah, i know summer is hot but that is the only time available. I have already booked airfare, hotel and car. Now, i just need to know how to bundle the attractions, plan stuff out and best way to get meals and keep the costs down with that. We are planning to go about 14 days. Want to see Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Universal, Magic Kingdom and maybe some dinner shows and Blue Man group., etc. Also plan to ride the Itrolley around for convenience. Any advice would be great.

I live in Orlando, in fact it's a 10 minute ride from my house to Sea World. I can't help you with bundling the attractions, I think a travel agent can do that for you, but I can help you see the best places in town that we locals go to instaed of the over-priced places we send the tourists to.

If you haven't been to Disney before, you'll love it. Don't listen to the nay-sayers here. Yes the lines are long but if you can afford to spend a little more, you can get an express pass and zip right past the lines.

I recommend Animal Kingdom, even if you don't have kids.

You didn't mention kids...is this a family trip then?
If there are no kids going...then I would skip Disney. It is over-the-top expensive, the streets are lined with stores to buy Disney crap, the park is out-dated and you will spend most of your time walking around looking at Disney stuff...to buy.
Epcot is the best part.
The Disney park itself is boring, super commercialized and not a heckuva lot to do unless standing in lines and shopping in 20 different stores all carrying the same items is your thing.

it wasn't always like that*sigh*.....last time I went was....wow, 85? I went 3 times during the 70's.....it was great.

I live in Orlando, in fact it's a 10 minute ride from my house to Sea World. I can't help you with bundling the attractions, I think a travel agent can do that for you, but I can help you see the best places in town that we locals go to instaed of the over-priced places we send the tourists to.

If you haven't been to Disney before, you'll love it. Don't listen to the nay-sayers here. Yes the lines are long but if you can afford to spend a little more, you can get an express pass and zip right past the lines.

How's the Harry Potter Ville at Universal?

My perfect plan for a Florida vacation is not going anywhere near Disney so I can't help ya.

I live close to Cedar Point and never go there with anyone. I let friends and family stay with me but they go there on their own. I'll even drop them off. :lol:

Hate that freaking place.

No kidding...of all the spots in Florida the Disney tourist trap is the last place anyone not with kids should go.
I did me Disney homage years ago with our two kids. Thank God Epcot was at least there to break up the torturous boredom of Disney.

Screw that. My last Florida trip was Jacksonville Beach...not too crowded, nice restaurants and plenty of beach.

The old Spanish city of Saint Augustine. :thup:
(Though the last time I was there was in 69)

Yup....nice place.

I don't know, sweating in the hot Florida sun and spending money dodging kids and phony Disney Characters doesn't seem like the prime vacation trip to me.

How's the Harry Potter Ville at Universal?

Have not been as of yet. I recently went to Universal shortly before it opened up and probably won't go back until Holloween Horror Nights in October.

Yes but he has 14 days. You can't spend 14 days in Jax, hell after about the 2nd day there I'm done. It's pretty boring there.

It hasn't changed since then so you're good.

I have 3 kids, 16, 14, and 10. So defininitely going to be a kid friendly vacation.

Forum List

Back