Has anyone here tried out for The Voice?

Caroljo

Gold Member
Jun 2, 2009
Michigan
This Weekend my a friend and i are going with my daughter to Chicago so she can audition for The Voice! She has to be at the audition at 7am...they have groups that go in at certain times. I can't go to it with her, and after her trying out for American Idol a few yrs ago i can see why. There were THOUSANDS of people, and probably at least half were just friends and relatives, it was crazy!
Anyway...we're really excited :) She really is a very good singer....at American Idol at the first audition they told her she did excellent, but she just wasn't what they were looking for. Idol was a huge disappointment. Not just because she didn't make it, but IF she had made it through the first audition, she would have had to go to 2 other ones in the next 2 days. This was all before she would have ever gone in front of the judges in LA! So you know all the goofy ones that were on the tv show were only put through for the "entertainment" of it.

This one she auditions on Saturday...and if she's told she made it through, we have to hang around until Monday for her to audition again. THEN if she makes that one she'll got to LA in April for up to a week.

I just wondered....has anyone here ever done this, or know someone that has? I was interested in hearing any stories about some experiences with it..

Thanks! She's very good...we just hope THEY think she's good enough to try! I was hoping to hear from someone that has gone through this audition process, just to get an idea of what to expect. American Idol was just a horrible mess, so many people and very disorganized, (imo).

I love The Voice tho, the coaches have no idea what someone looks like, they decide on the people's voices only.

Good luck! It's a tough business but if she is good enough and can persevere, it can all be hers.

Forum List

Back