hello!

Hello, I am new to the board. I am a historian that loves politics! Wells College Educated (wells woman!), NY liberal snowflake. Nice to meet ya!

Welcome! Don't worry, NY will always be Draconian. Right after Commiefornia.

When I hear Draconian all I can think of is the blood sucking not-so-grand old party.

That's not quite as Draconian as a state that has state income tax, state welfare cradle-to-grave, extra layer of law enforcement, no death penalty, and tons of extra laws. ;)

Yea that still loses in comparison of the Plutocracy currently leading our nation, draconian is an understatement.

That may be getting dialed back a notch or two. ;)

Along with the ousting of some Republicans and Democrats. :D

Hello, I am new to the board. I am a historian that loves politics! Wells College Educated (wells woman!), NY liberal snowflake. Nice to meet ya!
Are you still crying over Hillary or are you over that by now?

Either way, welcome to USMB.

We need more real women.

Most of our women are really men.
Never cried over hillarys loss.. certainly cried over Donnies win. Still crying.
That's funny then you are the opposite of me.

I did not cry over Hillary's loss -- actually I was ecstatic that she lost.

But I was stunned that Donnie won.

I did not vote for either of them -- I voted for the CIA guy. He did not stand much of a chance but that was my protest vote.

My sisters and their hubbies say they voted for Pence not Trump.

Depending on how long Trump lasts, Pence may eventually take over.

We will get fairly "strict constructionist" SCOTUS justices out of Trump.

(I try to avoid using the perjoratives "liberal" or "conservative" because these words mean really nothing.)

So Gorsuch is a good replacement for Scalia, and the Court will be "balance" again with him on it.

So Trump will be good for that.

Trump may not be good for much else however.

Although an air strike on N.Korea is possible now soon.

GOP POTUS's like W.Bush, GHW.Bush, and Reagan have tended to be tougher than their DEM counterparts Willy and Jimmy. Both DEMs were pacifists. Those pacifistic days are over now.

So overall Trump seems better than Hillary would have been, with the political pendulum now swinging the other way again.

We talk about stuff like that here all the time.

You'll enjoy it.

You can be our History expert.

I do most of the Philosophy here. And I am the grammar/syntax Nazi.

Watch out for the spam bots.

Watch out for the cheerleaders.

Watch out for the perv's.

Welcome! Don't worry, NY will always be Draconian. Right after Commiefornia.

When I hear Draconian all I can think of is the blood sucking not-so-grand old party.

That's not quite as Draconian as a state that has state income tax, state welfare cradle-to-grave, extra layer of law enforcement, no death penalty, and tons of extra laws. ;)

Yea that still loses in comparison of the Plutocracy currently leading our nation, draconian is an understatement.
Willie and Hillary became plutocrats with their books and with Hillary's illegal emoluments while she was Sec State to Pay And Play.

Obama and Michelle are plutocrats now too with their book deals as well. Of course they are still on vacation in the islands somewhere recovering from their 8 year prison sentence in The White House.

The Bush Dynasty was always a plutocracy.

Reagan was a plutocrat.

Only Jimmy Carter is still dirt poor and living on his 3 pensions -- Navy and Ga Gov and POTUS.

:welcome: Need to vote in 2018 and take some seats back in congress.
Certainly.
I do believe the Trump Regime has awoken a sleeping giant. No red states in our near future!
That's what everybody thought with Hillary running.

But ironically half the ladies voting did not like her.

And few of the Negroes came out to vote at all.

And so the Latino vote alone with the traditional DEM voters could not swing the victory for her, especially after many of the blue collar workers in the swing states went for Donnie.

So it will all depend on whether Donnie can give the blue collar voters in the swing states -- who are traditionally DEM voters as Nancy Pelosi astutely pointed out -- anything in the next 2 years or not.

Personally I would like to see Pelosi take over the US House again in 2018. But I would also like to see McConnell keep the Senate in 2018 as well. Then we would have divided government again.

This paints me myself as nonpartisan moderate -- neither GOP nor DEM. FYI.

And Philosopher.

And grammar/syntax Nazi.

:welcome: Need to vote in 2018 and take some seats back in congress.
Certainly.
I do believe the Trump Regime has awoken a sleeping giant. No red states in our near future!
That's what everybody thought with Hillary running.

But ironically half the ladies voting did not like her.

And few of the Negroes came out to vote at all.

And so the Latino vote alone with the traditional DEM voters could not swing the victory for her, especially after many of the blue collar workers in the swing states went for Donnie.

So it will all depend on whether Donnie can give the blue collar voters in the swing states -- who are traditionally DEM voters as Nancy Pelosi astutely pointed out -- anything in the next 2 years or not.

Personally I would like to see Pelosi take over the US House again in 2018. But I would also like to see McConnell keep the Senate in 2018 as well. Then we would have divided government again.

This paints me myself as nonpartisan moderate -- neither GOP nor DEM. FYI.

And Philosopher.

And grammar/syntax Nazi.

Dems didn't turn out, thats for sure. I think the train wreckage we are all witnessing will ensure dems turn out for a long time to come.

Thanks for coming in. We are always running short on those...

Dems didn't turn out, thats for sure. I think the train wreckage we are all witnessing will ensure dems turn out for a long time to come.
Midterms are almost always a big correction going the other way.

For BHO is was due to his Obamacare.

For W.Bush it was due to his tax cuts for the rich.

For Willie it was due to his attempt at Hillarycare.

Reagan never had a sewed-up Congress -- he had to get Tip ONeill to agree on everything. ONeill ok'ed the tax cuts and the defense spending but would not ok the social cuts.

Carter got his Alt Min Tax on the rich approved but then lost to Reagan.

Nixon got impeached, per se.

LBJ botched the Viet Nam War.

Hi,Flakey!
Ah, so you're a trump fan!

Into barney?

Nah. Miss Piggy.

17301_10153223569146489_5187791007218325790_n.jpg

Forum List

Back