Hello

UCXblower

Rookie
Nov 5, 2013
I am the wife of a veteran for 16 years and my husband just recently retired for medical reasons. I was hoping to find other veterans out there who were maybe in the same situation as us. We had never heard of the UCX federal program until after he had applied for unemployment benefits, was approved, paid for 13 weeks of benefits, then "suspended" because the state needed more info from him (which he sent), and then the state told us that they had over-paid him. We are now in the appeals process and that's the only reason we had found out about the UCX program. We thought he was just applying for KS unemployment until now. Not once did he ever withhold any info. In fact he was giving KDOL more info than they had asked for. I was hoping to find other veterans that this has happened to. After diving into Kansas unemployment laws as well as the Federal laws it is clear that the state made several mistakes, did not follow their own policies and regulations, but also did not follow the federal regulations.
We thought retirement was going to be a nice relaxing time for us. Ha! Not in this state.

I am the wife of a veteran for 16 years and my husband just recently retired for medical reasons. I was hoping to find other veterans out there who were maybe in the same situation as us. We had never heard of the UCX federal program until after he had applied for unemployment benefits, was approved, paid for 13 weeks of benefits, then "suspended" because the state needed more info from him (which he sent), and then the state told us that they had over-paid him. We are now in the appeals process and that's the only reason we had found out about the UCX program. We thought he was just applying for KS unemployment until now. Not once did he ever withhold any info. In fact he was giving KDOL more info than they had asked for. I was hoping to find other veterans that this has happened to. After diving into Kansas unemployment laws as well as the Federal laws it is clear that the state made several mistakes, did not follow their own policies and regulations, but also did not follow the federal regulations.
We thought retirement was going to be a nice relaxing time for us. Ha! Not in this state.

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear you are having such problems. Hope you are able to get the help you need to start getting your retirement benefits. It's awful that something like that would happen to someone who has served our country.

Hope you enjoy posting here.

My Dad is a vet, but his encounters with The Veterans Affairs Department went a bit more smoothly... he also has his own security business in Maine right now and is self employed. I'm sorry I am unable to help you, ma'am. But I do hope you find what you seek.

I am TemplarKormac, the resident knight of these here boards. It is a pleasure to meet you and welcome you to this amalgam of intellectual dissonance and awareness called USMB!

(bows)

Last edited:
So sorry for your troubles, UCXblower, and welcocme to USMB. Hope you meet those here who can help you. We have a section on the military, and our guys here are the best and can guide you better than on this thread than me. Surely one of them can help you cut through the red tape.

The very best to you, your courageous husband, and your family. :huddle:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back