Hello...

Joshuatree

VIP Member
Apr 4, 2012
My name is Josué. I'm not from the USA, but I'm very interested in american politics. My English is not perfect but it's good enough to join the discussions. Greetings to you all...

I don't give a flying fuck to you either. Just wanted to introduce myself. ;)

Thanks! I'm from Brazil I live in the state of Minas Gerais, lots of beautiful historical cities. I was raised in Ouro Preto, it's the most beautiful city in my state, I think. Currently I live in Belo Horizonte, it's the capital with more than 2 million inhabitants. It was nice to join this forum, I'll be paying a lot of atention to American politics at least until the next presidential elections... and hoping Romney wins... I'm Going to sleep now, man. Goodnight!

Thanks! I'm from Brazil I live in the state of Minas Gerais, lots of beautiful historical cities. I was raised in Ouro Preto, it's the most beautiful city in my state, I think. Currently I live in Belo Horizonte, it's the capital with more than 2 million inhabitants. It was nice to join this forum, I'll be paying a lot of atention to American politics at least until the next presidential elections... and hoping Romney wins... I'm Going to sleep now, man. Goodnight!

Excellent. I too hope Romney wins. Well have fun!

Welcome. No need for eloquence in America, America is now home schooled by corporate America, Rush Limbaugh, and Fox propaganda which gives the right wing their talking points each day. The so called left thinks they are serious thinkers, but fail to realize money and simple messages, whether they be truth or lies, is all that is required to keep the nitwits in Congress, so few vote today.

"...the exact same experience can mean two totally different things to two different people, given those people's two different belief templates and two different ways of constructing meaning from experience. Because we prize tolerance and diversity of belief, nowhere in our liberal arts analysis do we want to claim that one guy's interpretation is true and the other guy's is false or bad. Which is fine, except we also never end up talking about just where these individual templates and beliefs come from. Meaning, where they come from INSIDE the two guys. As if a person's most basic orientation toward the world, and the meaning of his experience were somehow just hard-wired, like height or shoe-size; or automatically absorbed from the culture, like language. As if how we construct meaning were not actually a matter of personal, intentional choice. Plus, there's the whole matter of arrogance..." David Foster Wallace DAVID FOSTER WALLACE, IN HIS OWN WORDS | More Intelligent Life

I see the trolls have already introduced themselves.

There's an "ignore poster" feature on this board you might find useful.

I have availed myself of this relief from the idiots feature about 40 times, now and my onboard experience is far better now than it was when I had to wade though these idiots drivel.

Welcome to the USMB, amigo.

I see the trolls have already introduced themselves.

There's an "ignore poster" feature on this board you might find useful.

I have availed myself of this relief from the idiots feature about 40 times, now and my onboard experience is far better now than it was when I had to wade though these idiots drivel.

Welcome to the USMB, amigo.

Please post your "Ignore" list. I could use a good laugh, asswipe.

My name is Josué. I'm not from the USA, but I'm very interested in american politics. My English is not perfect but it's good enough to join the discussions. Greetings to you all...

Hello to you Joshuatree. It is very nice to have someone from another country joining USMB and I ***WELCOME*** you and look forward to your contributions. :D

Thanks everybody. Well I chose Joshuatree because Joshua is my name (in English) and Joshuatree because it's related to the U2 album, music, and I'm also a very musical person, but I don't know, I could have chosen another name. It's not that important, it's just a name. :)

Why do you want romney to win? Brazil is beautiful and so are the people. No one ever comes back from a visit there saying they didn't have a good time.

I want Romney to win because I'm a liberal, oh well, I mean, liberal in the sense Ludwig von Mises and Friedrich Hayek were, I believe in a free market system. The US economy is so strong, in my opinion, because it's a place where free market ideas are still strong. In foreign policy, I believe the United States and Israel are the leaders of the free world. And I'm christian and against abortion so I guess that makes me a conservative that's why I support Romney. =)

Forum List

Back