Hello

Glad you're here. The longer you stay, the more rhetoric you will be exposed to. By the way, what's your blood type and have you had any social diseases lately?

AB+

And I'm infected with Senile Dementia which is VERY contagious -- but only through direct DNA injections.

:))

Aaahh... the most common of all blood types. AB- being the most rare. I'm O-, the "universal donor."

Quick question, if you're rhet 2, who is rhet 1?

And welcome aboard. I hope you like the place. Can be pretty rough at times though.

Glad you're here. The longer you stay, the more rhetoric you will be exposed to. By the way, what's your blood type and have you had any social diseases lately?

AB+

And I'm infected with Senile Dementia which is VERY contagious -- but only through direct DNA injections.

Aaahh... the most common of all blood types. AB- being the most rare. I'm O-, the "universal donor."

And welcome aboard. I hope you like the place. Can be pretty rough at times though.

Is there anything in life that is NOT "pretty rough at times"?

I ain't skeered just 'cause I'm a-hiding under the bed, dad nab it! :lol:

Is there anything in life that is NOT "pretty rough at times"?
Hopefully dying.

I ain't skeered just 'cause I'm a-hiding under the bed, dad nab it! :lol:
I'm sure after you've been around awhile, you'll pick up friends that will have your back. But the "coffee shop" in the general section is a "no fighting zone" if you just care to chat. No politics there either.

AB+

rhet 1 was assassinated during a computer explosion in a previous life :razz:

Oh, I suspect we definitely will enjoy a "meeting of the minds" -- and kites are FUN!

I know it's kinda difficult when you first get on a Board and some Lumpy guy comes along and bugs you..Is this your first time on a Discussion Board?

No

Is this a significant limitation in my value to humanity? :))

Not at all, I doubt you'd allow it..

I'm thinking, I'll have to step up my game to pull one over on you...but I will..

I know it's kinda difficult when you first get on a Board and some Lumpy guy comes along and bugs you..Is this your first time on a Discussion Board?

No

I'm thinking, I'll have to step up my game to pull one over on you...but I will..

Excellent!

The only way to improve one's game is practice-practice-practice -- with an occasional mega-dose of muscle pain reliever to follow. And the better the opposition in the practice, the better your own return volley becomes, yes? :lol:

No

Excellent!

The only way to improve one's game is practice-practice-practice -- with an occasional mega-dose of muscle pain reliever to follow. And the better the opposition in the practice, the better your own return volley becomes, yes? :lol:

Quite so.. I hope you do stick around here. I do hate getting all stimulated for nothing. You Gals do have a knack for that, after all...:lol:

Works for me -- if you know how to load it. I don't. :))
Hocus pocus...Flippety flam...A razzamatazz and ALACAZAM! :D

Wow!

"I'm HOME! Mommy?????????? I'm home, Mom. Mom? Dad? Dad? ......... Toto! Where did you stash ......... and what is that bone you're chewing on? ..........."

Thank you, dear one.

The computer challenged are duly and most humbly grateful.

To keep it simple, I'm a semi-retired English prof with two degrees: one in medieval languages and literatures, the other in composition and rhetoric.

And I am NOT a believer in Grammar Police Thuggology -- too much Chaucer and Shakespeare and Samuel Pepys, I suppose.

I adore satire, and my favorite is Jonathan Swift. Gullible Travels is okay, but Modest Proposal blows the British brutality to smithereens.

Oh, not that it matters all that much, but I'm a Texan, family back to Austin's second bunch of imports, family buried all over the state -- and I've got a great-great granddaddy who fought with Marion in the Carolinas -- Mel Gibson should eat his heart out.

I thoroughly enjoyed Chaucer and some Shakespeare. I must admit to liking Gulliver's Travels more than A Modest Proposal.

"Here commences a new dominion acquired with a title by divine right. Ships are sent with the first opportunity; the natives driven out or destroyed; their princes tortured to discover their gold; a free license given to all acts of inhumanity and lust, the earth reeking with the blood of its inhabitants; and this execrable crew of butchers, employed in so pious an expedition, is a modern colony, sent to covert and civilize an idolatrous and barbarous people!"

Anyway, welcome to USMB! :lol:

Thank you.

I love your sig line -- had to look it up to refresh the tired brain cells, but those words meant a lot to me at the time.

Purdue has trained up many a strong American who has served this nation well.

:clap2:

To keep it simple, I'm a semi-retired English prof with two degrees: one in medieval languages and literatures, the other in composition and rhetoric.

And I am NOT a believer in Grammar Police Thuggology -- too much Chaucer and Shakespeare and Samuel Pepys, I suppose.

I adore satire, and my favorite is Jonathan Swift. Gullible Travels is okay, but Modest Proposal blows the British brutality to smithereens.

Oh, not that it matters all that much, but I'm a Texan, family back to Austin's second bunch of imports, family buried all over the state -- and I've got a great-great granddaddy who fought with Marion in the Carolinas -- Mel Gibson should eat his heart out.

I thoroughly enjoyed Chaucer and some Shakespeare. I must admit to liking Gulliver's Travels more than A Modest Proposal.

"Here commences a new dominion acquired with a title by divine right. Ships are sent with the first opportunity; the natives driven out or destroyed; their princes tortured to discover their gold; a free license given to all acts of inhumanity and lust, the earth reeking with the blood of its inhabitants; and this execrable crew of butchers, employed in so pious an expedition, is a modern colony, sent to covert and civilize an idolatrous and barbarous people!"

Anyway, welcome to USMB! :lol:

:eusa_angel: :lol:

"I hope you will be ready to own publickly, whenever you shall be called to it, that by your great and frequent Urgency you prevailed on me to publish a very loose and uncorrect Account of my Travels . . . . But I do not remember I gave you Power to consent, that any thing should be omitted, and much less that any thing should be inserted: Therefore, as to the latter, I do here renounce every thing of that Kind . . . ." A Letter from Capt. Gulliver, to his Cousin Sympson.

Thank you for the welcome.

Last edited:
Rhet?!? RHET's here now?!?

AWW-HELL-YEAH.jpg

You're gonna love it here. Libs aren't a protected species, and I can hear the Hannity ejecties wailing in fear and anger already. It's all brass knuckles and lolcats here which makes it so much better.

So, remember. Life sucks, wear a helmet and take this... it's dark, your standard issue lolcat.

a7109098-786f-4690-8ffd-62ab153e2176.jpg

Thanks for being the cherry on top of this Sunday. (deliberately spelled this way you grammar goons can cram it) ;)

Last edited:
Rhet?!? RHET's here now?!?

AWW-HELL-YEAH.jpg

You're gonna love it here. Libs aren't a protected species, and I can hear the Hannity ejecties wailing in fear and anger already. It's all brass knuckles and lolcats here which makes it so much better.

So, remember. Life sucks, wear a helmet and take this... it's dark, your standard issue lolcat.

a7109098-786f-4690-8ffd-62ab153e2176.jpg

Oh, hell YES! one FIST BUMP, O most chilly of the COOOOOOOOOL Pipples!