Hello from Vietnam

She lives in Vietnam....a communist country. I am sure she knows a LITTLE BIT about democrap policies.

Historically "communist" countries have been the most fiscally conservative, excluding large military budgets.

We have seen it in the Soviet Union, China, Ethiopia, Cuba, South Yemen, Vietnam, and to a lesser degree Laos and North Korea. I believe it is pretty obvious why this is the case, but I will spell it out anyways. Strong command states, which are administered by both political and economic government command, are not subject to greater accountability from the people. Therefore they answer to those with the most money with a lot more fluidity.

Oh god. All the cuck white guys are gonna start hitting on her now...wait. A communist country allows you to use a internet forum? Hmmmm

???

Yeah, the internet is not banned in Vietnam. They only censor groups and organizations which criticize the Vietnamese government, and apparently they are really ineffective at it.

Hi guys :razz:
I'm Esther from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I'm here just for fun and improving my bad English :biggrin:

Hi there, and welcome. Don't turn your back here. There are Democrats about.
She lives in Vietnam....a communist country. I am sure she knows a LITTLE BIT about democrap policies.
Nowadays we're not so "communist" here.
Our party is called communist, our flag is red with a big yellow star but our economy is going to be "capitalist"
I don't know how this is good for us... :eusa_shifty:

Hello and Welcome to this nice forum, i have a bad English to, i leave in France so to speak English i come here and i like it...the people are nice :)
but your English is better than mine, I'm pretty sure! because your first language is similar to English... :)
Vietnamese is so different from English :(
Likely for me we use Latin alphabet here :biggrin:

Bonjour, i use to speak English when i live in Canada but now it's been a long time more then 10 years that i live in France, i could watch CNN but nobody to speak English so after a long time i lose my English speaking.
But i did not lose my patois ( Joal) Québeçois my accent when i speak here in France not everybody understand le joal...:badgrin:
It's a good thing that you could come and talk English with us, there google translate i use it for long post.
@ bientôt :bye1:
Bonjour! :)
I've the same problem you have. There's nobody here speaking English. I have a close friend but she spent two years in Italy so she's gonna teach me some Italian but I don't know anybody fluent in English :biggrin:
A bientot! :smiliehug:

Our party is called communist, our flag is red with a big yellow star but our economy is going to be "capitalist"

It means you'll have to work longer hours for less pay, like in all those wonderful capitalist run factories in Red China, with the barbed wire on top of the walls turned inward to keep their 'employees' from escaping. Then your pay will be taxed to subsidize 'shareholders' in foreign countries and you will be forced to listen to them snivel about how you're not working hard enough, you're lazy, etc., etc., etc. If you aren't being 'fined' a half a week's pay for going to the bathroom yet, you will be.

Last edited:
It means you'll have to work longer hours for less pay, like in all those wonderful capitalist run factories in Red China, with the barbed wire on top of the walls turned inward to keep their 'employees' from escaping.

I will be referencing the Vietnam section of Onyx's Guide for Making Foreign Friends

Attack the Chinese. The Chinese are incredibly unpopular in Vietnam due to the Sino-Vietnamese War and subsequent border clashes. Right now tensions are hot because of disputes over the Spratly Islands and the building of Chinese offshore oil drilling off the coast of Vietnam, which has led to recent states of alert and full military mobilization along both nations borders.

It means you'll have to work longer hours for less pay, like in all those wonderful capitalist run factories in Red China, with the barbed wire on top of the walls turned inward to keep their 'employees' from escaping.

I will be referencing the Vietnam section of Onyx's Guide for Making Foreign Friends

Attack the Chinese. The Chinese are incredibly unpopular in Vietnam due to the Sino-Vietnamese War and subsequent border clashes. Right now tensions are hot because of disputes over the Spratly Islands and the building of Chinese offshore oil drilling off the coast of Vietnam, which has led to recent states of alert and full military mobilization along both nations borders.

Yes, I'm aware of that and more; they've been cultural and political enemies for centuries. they also weren't at all fond of Russians, either, but the last couple of decades the Russians have been working on polishing their images up, with some success, not a lot but some.

Oh god. All the cuck white guys are gonna start hitting on her now...wait. A communist country allows you to use a internet forum? Hmmmm
We have Internet here. This is Vietnam not Chad :biggrin:
Lol...I know next to NOTHING about Vietnam and the only thing I have ever read about it has to do with the Vietnam war.
Hi guys :razz:
I'm Esther from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I'm here just for fun and improving my bad English :biggrin:

Hi there, and welcome. Don't turn your back here. There are Democrats about.
Nowadays we're not so "communist" here.

Like China? Interesting. Well at least Vietnam has been able to keep its self Vietnamese guess there are SOME THINGS decent enough about the governments ideology.

Nice to meet you, Esther!

garden-themed-welcome-sign-5886361.jpg

Officially Saigon doesn't exist anymore since 1975 :)
If you will come here someday don't call Ho Chi Minh City Saigon. Never :biggrin:
Yes I know, but I will never refer to your city as Ho Chi Minh City....sorry just can't do it.
I was just kidding :biggrin:
No problem for me if you call HCM Saigon :D

wow,is it STILL called Ho Chi Minh City? while i did not expect them to change it back to Saigon i figured at least by now it wasnt still called THAT?

welcome aboard.good to see that thing about Obama you mentioned is being talked about world wide.

If you will come here someday don't call Ho Chi Minh City Saigon. Never :biggrin:

Doubt seriously I will ever go back
did you come here during the War?

An Khe, Bong Son, Ninh Hoa, the Citadel at Hue, Cholon before the VC burned it down. My team was sent to the Rex in Saigon to pick up Walter Cronkite for a run up to Dak To but he was too drunk to come down from his room...what a POS that clown was.

Yes I know, but I will never refer to your city as Ho Chi Minh City....sorry just can't do it.
I was just kidding :biggrin:
No problem for me if you call HCM Saigon :D

wow,is it STILL called Ho Chi Minh City? while i did not expect them to change it back to Saigon i figured at least by now it wasnt still called THAT?

welcome aboard.good to see that thing about Obama you mentioned is being talked about world wide.
Hi thank you for your welcome :)
I think our politicians will never change "my" town's name! :D

Forum List

Back