Hello from Vietnam

Officially Saigon doesn't exist anymore since 1975 :)
If you will come here someday don't call Ho Chi Minh City Saigon. Never :biggrin:
Yes I know, but I will never refer to your city as Ho Chi Minh City....sorry just can't do it.
I was just kidding :biggrin:
No problem for me if you call HCM Saigon :D
I suppose it is better to forget Saigon...it is just that Americans of my age have terrible memories of what occurred there.

If you will come here someday don't call Ho Chi Minh City Saigon. Never :biggrin:
Yes I know, but I will never refer to your city as Ho Chi Minh City....sorry just can't do it.
I suppose it is better to forget Saigon...it is just that Americans of my age have terrible memories of what occurred there.
Well I can understand but now Ho Chi Minh City is a peaceful place. War is a distant nightmare :)

Well I can understand but now Ho Chi Minh City is a peaceful place. War is a distant nightmare :)
Glad to hear that. However it will always bring terrible memories to millions of Americans.

Your nation lost many, but in America we mourn our losses in that stupid war at this solemn black wall, that lists all the young men who died. It is a very sad place.
US_flag_reflexion_on_Vietnam_Veterans_Memorial_12_2011_000124.JPG

I knew about that black wall. We don't have anything like that here but all politicians here continue to remind us about the Civil War... it's pretty annoying sometimes.
I don't even know why that war began

I knew about that black wall. We don't have anything like that here but all politicians here continue to remind us about the Civil War... it's pretty annoying sometimes.
Like all wars....to enrich and empower corrupt national leaders.

War is the health of the State.

OMG. . .. Let me rephrase. Oh my god. You are so in the wrong place.

In other news. Good luck with that.

I had a great friend from Vietnam ( a couple actually), and his favorite subject was politics.

Got to break the perception that just because someone is living in a command state, does not mean they are a fanatical hack.

Last edited:

Because two different proxy factions could not agree on a unification vote. More specifically, the US and its puppet ruler rejected the legitimacy of the unification vote it had previously supported.

Oh god. All the cuck white guys are gonna start hitting on her now...wait. A communist country allows you to use a internet forum? Hmmmm

People as young as you are far better off to forget about it; just ignore the whining. Can't do anything about it anyway.

Doubt seriously I will ever go back
did you come here during the War?

I visited there in late 1972, and also from 1975 to 1976 provided services to Christian groups smuggling people out off the southern coasts for a few months, and again in 1979-1980's through Thailand. Vietnamese soldiers would take their R&R in small Thai villages across from Cambodia for a time. Can't say any more than that now, but to say it's a beautiful country and great people.

Hello and Welcome to this nice forum, i have a bad English to, i leave in France so to speak English i come here and i like it...the people are nice :)
but your English is better than mine, I'm pretty sure! because your first language is similar to English... :)
Vietnamese is so different from English :(
Likely for me we use Latin alphabet here :biggrin:

Bonjour, i use to speak English when i live in Canada but now it's been a long time more then 10 years that i live in France, i could watch CNN but nobody to speak English so after a long time i lose my English speaking.
But i did not lose my patois ( Joal) Québeçois my accent when i speak here in France not everybody understand le joal...:badgrin:
It's a good thing that you could come and talk English with us, there google translate i use it for long post.
@ bientôt :bye1:

Welcome to USMB, don't feed the trolls, always remember that you love me even if you don't realize it, and avoid the Insane Clown Posse like airborne herpes. Oh, and stay out of the Flame Zone, it's Liberal territory.

Just some basic guidelines to get you started, keeps you from learning it all the hard way.

Welcome to USMB, don't feed the trolls, always remember that you love me even if you don't realize it, and avoid the Insane Clown Posse like airborne herpes. Oh, and stay out of the Flame Zone, it's Liberal territory.

Just some basic guidelines to get you started, keeps you from learning it all the hard way.
Say hello to Satan for me when you get home...

Forum List

Back