Hello from Mennonite Country, Ohio

quoteEcho ZuluWhere did I say it was silly what you're doing? You think the USA is turning to hell in a hand basket, and you're just preparing yourself for when it happens! Nothing wrong with that, it's your right as a US Citizen.

So when do you think this is going to happen, and when the law turns on you, what will you do?

[

Ahhh..........Now, if I only had a crystal ball. Hey, I look at it this way......if it never happens, then we'll have a lot of food and water to pass on to the less fortunate people of our community :)

Just make sure you pass it out before it spoils! :D

Mennonites are allowed to use computers?

Welcome, if for some nutty reason martial law was declared it would be the people that live in cities that would have to worry not those who live in rural farming areas, and it would be hard to declare martial law with our military busy with 2 wars.

I think war is coming first, I just don't know if it will be a revolutionary war, or a civil war.

Welcome, if for some nutty reason martial law was declared it would be the people that live in cities that would have to worry not those who live in rural farming areas, and it would be hard to declare martial law with our military busy with 2 wars.

I think war is coming first, I just don't know if it will be a revolutionary war, or a civil war.

Never happen

So are you all stocked up on your guns, food and water Shelia?

Never happen

Here's hoping I never get to say "I told you so."

So are you all stocked up on your guns, food and water Shelia?

Working on it. It's expensive. We have the pills though to make the water safe to drink and the pills for making it taste okay after you make it safe to drink. We have some food stocked up, but not nearly enough. As for guns and ammo, we have a really old shotgun from my father in law but I want it checked out before I ever think about firing it and we keep it put away in the garage. First I need a gun safe. I've been shooting though and I know what kind of hand gun I want. A sig 229. I hit Bin Laudin in the heart at 150 feet, and here's the interesting part, that's what I was aiming for, lol. Not bad for someone that hasn't been shooting since she was 9. As you know, I have a low functioning autistic child. I'm not taking chances with him around, we even lock up our medication.

Why is it everything costs money and we never have any? I'd planned on using the rent money our border gives us $350 a month but this month his tooth broke and he needs a crown. We're helping him with that, don't know if we'll ever get the money back but it's got to be done and his mother is a putz and won't help.

I think I need help erasing the word "sucker" off my forehead.

Never happen

You wont, we live a comfortable nice life here in the U.S.A. what reason do we possibly have to take up arms and kill each other in a civil war/revolution?

LOL, don't know where you live but in our city there are no less that 3 tent cities. One of them run by a man that works. He can't make enough working to afford an apartment. There's no shortage of homeless that come in for sack lunches at the church and to stay the night this month (the churches are trading off months during the winter, offering places for the homeless men to sleep.) We even have homeless families. I don't see the economy getting any better, do you?

Meanwhile our government has put us so far in debt that our great grandchild will be paying the bills. They refuse to provide for our own citizens while providing for immigrants and other countries. They built an apartment building here for poor Russians. American citizens couldn't get into it, and we're the one's that paid to build it. We have hispanics telling us to our face that this is their country and we should go back to Europe. Heck one of them told a friend of mine we might as well all leave this city as it now belongs to them and we are in Washington state far north of where the Aztecs were. My job was sent to India, I wanted to go with it but was told that those jobs are for their citizens (India's). We're the only country in the world that doesn't protect jobs for it's own citizens.

Our income gap is bigger than it was during the gilded age. You remember that don't you? It led to the great depression, the first great depression.

Hello,

As the dollar continues to fall, the supplies at our farm continue to increase. Some people think we're nuts, but we are firm believers that martial law could be in affect in our country sometime in the future. If so, we will be ready. I am glad that I found this site. I want to use it as a learning tool. There is so much that I still need to learn.

Until next time.

You're a tool.

You wont, we live a comfortable nice life here in the U.S.A. what reason do we possibly have to take up arms and kill each other in a civil war/revolution?

LOL, don't know where you live but in our city there are no less that 3 tent cities. One of them run by a man that works. He can't make enough working to afford an apartment. There's no shortage of homeless that come in for sack lunches at the church and to stay the night this month (the churches are trading off months during the winter, offering places for the homeless men to sleep.) We even have homeless families. I don't see the economy getting any better, do you?

Meanwhile our government has put us so far in debt that our great grandchild will be paying the bills. They refuse to provide for our own citizens while providing for immigrants and other countries. They built an apartment building here for poor Russians. American citizens couldn't get into it, and we're the one's that paid to build it. We have hispanics telling us to our face that this is their country and we should go back to Europe. Heck one of them told a friend of mine we might as well all leave this city as it now belongs to them and we are in Washington state far north of where the Aztecs were. My job was sent to India, I wanted to go with it but was told that those jobs are for their citizens (India's). We're the only country in the world that doesn't protect jobs for it's own citizens.

Our income gap is bigger than it was during the gilded age. You remember that don't you? It led to the great depression, the first great depression.

We have always had homeless and poor, luckily we live in a nation that has programs to aid the poor. Just who in this nation is going to pick up arms and start killing their fellow Americans in a revolt/civil war?

We have always had homeless and poor, luckily we live in a nation that has programs to aid the poor. Just who in this nation is going to pick up arms and start killing their fellow Americans in a revolt/civil war?

Good question. When our government took away people's guns in New Orleans after Katrina, the American citizens let it happen. They did NOTHING!!!! Maybe I'm just hoping for a war because I want our country to be what it was suppose to be.

Good question. When our government took away people's guns in New Orleans after Katrina, the American citizens let it happen. They did NOTHING!!!! Maybe I'm just hoping for a war because I want our country to be what it was suppose to be.

So you hope Americans will wind up killing each other? why would you want such a thing? that is very evil.

Can you expand on this Shelia? What type of war would you like? Like the kind that's going on in the Middle East? Or the old fashioned kind we used to have, like the Civil War?

Who is fighting against who in this war?

Hello,

As the dollar continues to fall, the supplies at our farm continue to increase. Some people think we're nuts, but we are firm believers that martial law could be in affect in our country sometime in the future. If so, we will be ready. I am glad that I found this site. I want to use it as a learning tool. There is so much that I still need to learn.

Until next time.
Welcome. This is a good place to learn. Just read what the smart people write.

Do you pack heat everywhere you go? (You never can tell when the shit will hit the fan!)

There's always the National Guard....and sooner than we expect, Obama will have his own Secret Police---equal to the military forces, and just as well armed.

I'd be scared, if I was you.

I dated a Mennonite in college.

He was on the Rugby team, smoked pot, drank, and got his ear pierced.

They aren't Amish! :lol:
Did you get in trouble for contributin' to the delinquency of a minor?

Can you expand on this Shelia? What type of war would you like? Like the kind that's going on in the Middle East? Or the old fashioned kind we used to have, like the Civil War?

It would be a war like no other war...for the enemy could not be easily recognized, everybody will be nervous...not knowing whether this or that person worships Obama or the Constitution; innocent people will die and the ones with automatic weapons and plenty of ammo will prevail.

In the end...all will be well!

Well, if it's a revolution, it will be the people fighting against the government, if it's a civil war, it will be the Americans fighting against the recent immigrants. Remember, we've been told to our faces that this country doesn't belong to us and we should go home to Europe.

I don't know about you, but I'm a mix and this IS my home and I will fight to keep it. When an official of the Mexican government can say to American citizens what's in my signature and our government does NOTHING, we've lost our country.

Oh, and google it, I'm not going to go looking for it again, they have a video of it. See for yourself.

There's always the National Guard....and sooner than we expect, Obama will have his own Secret Police---equal to the military forces, and just as well armed.

You might be scared but I am not the paranoid type, I have full confidence in my country and it's people.

You might be scared but I am not the paranoid type, I have full confidence in my country and it's people.
If I was her, I'd be scared. (She appears to be scared.) I'm neither. (I have automatic weapons and plenty of ammo...:lol: )

Last edited:
huh, is this irony or oxymoron?

"Pacifism is one of the cornerstones of the Mennonite faith, prompting many young Mennonites to elect service to the church rather than military service. The Mennonite church emphasizes service to others as an important way of expressing one's faith. A disproportionately large number of Mennonites spend part of their lives working as missionaries or volunteers helping those in need, nationally or internationally, through agencies such as Mennonite Mission Network or Mennonite Central Committee."

Mennonites - History

Forum List

Back