Hello from Manchester

Aug 11, 2008
Hello from (another wet) Manchester afternoon. Here in the UK we don't appear to be having a summer this year! Looking forward to talking to you all.

Well, yes please! I've never known such a wet summer, it appears to getting worse each year.

Hello from (another wet) Manchester afternoon. Here in the UK we don't appear to be having a summer this year! Looking forward to talking to you all.

Hey Spir...sky, the weather.... hmmmn ... are you always such a riveting conversationalist?

Yes I am! And just to let you know, we've just had the worst rain / storm I've seen in years. All the power has been off, roads are flooded.

Us Brits like to talk about the weather!

Since your avatar says "sex, drugs and rock and roll"-can you name your Top 5 of each please?

Yes I am! And just to let you know, we've just had the worst rain / storm I've seen in years. All the power has been off, roads are flooded.

Us Brits like to talk about the weather!

It's a national past-time :lol:

But not always, I like to recall the conversation that GB Shaw (okay he was Irish) had with an aquaintance (Brit) on a ship that was going somewhere or other. Shaw was a vegetarian and a tall skinny bloke. The other bloke he bumped into on the ship was pretty portly. Anyway this bloke looks at GB and says:

"Shaw, you look like there's been a famine!"

And welcome Mancunian poster

Shaw fires back at him quick as a flash:

"And you look like you were the cause of it"

And welcome Mancunian poster - anyone that lives in the city that the great Gene Hunt protected is more than welcome here :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back