Hello all

I'm back on a message board after the one I frequented went defunct for some reason. This one looks interesting, some amusing characters I've noticed already. My dream job was reporter for the Weekly World News, but alas, that's defunct too. Cheers

Welcome!

Also. I provide a valuable service to let you suckers... I mean new members get to know about old members. Yessiree. Imagine how much higher you could be on the usmb social ladder than all the other sad sack newbies.

With the dirty dirt I have on all these maniacs... that's right...

You could be KING!

But don't hold me to it.

Anyway- Payment due 5 minutes ago. For your convenience, I take both cash and beer.

Happy trails and may the shwarzt be with you!

I'm back on a message board after the one I frequented went defunct for some reason. This one looks interesting, some amusing characters I've noticed already. My dream job was reporter for the Weekly World News, but alas, that's defunct too. Cheers
Welcome in! I just did a search on Weekly World News (The World's Only Reliable News?) and found it alive, with major tabs across the top of HEADLINES...FREE SUBSCRIPTION...ALIENS...MUTANTS...BAT BOY...ABOUT...and..SHOP. With majors like that, I'm not so sure that it doesn't deserve to be "defunct". I am kind of surprise it had reporters.

Welcome in! I just did a search on Weekly World News (The World's Only Reliable News?) and found it alive, with major tabs across the top of HEADLINES...FREE SUBSCRIPTION...ALIENS...MUTANTS...BAT BOY...ABOUT...and..SHOP. With majors like that, I'm not so sure that it doesn't deserve to be "defunct". I am kind of surprise it had reporters.
Yes, but the genius behind it, Ed Klontz, died and took the inspiration for it with him.

I read an interview with him some time ago. He said "If someone calls me up and says that their toaster is talking to them, I don't hang up - I ask them to put the toaster on the phone"

Here is a classic story from their golden years - sorry, guy from Belgium

Attachments

• WWN Belgium.png
    WWN Belgium.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 49
Yes, but the genius behind it, Ed Klontz, died and took the inspiration for it with him.

I read an interview with him some time ago. He said "If someone calls me up and says that their toaster is talking to them, I don't hang up - I ask them to put the toaster on the phone"

Here is a classic story from their golden years - sorry, guy from Belgium
My apologies, Sir. Writing like that should have assured an ongoing legacy deserving attention and continuing to inspire acclaim!

Welcome!

Also. I provide a valuable service to let you suckers... I mean new members get to know about old members. Yessiree. Imagine how much higher you could be on the usmb social ladder than all the other sad sack newbies.

With the dirty dirt I have on all these maniacs... that's right...

You could be KING!

But don't hold me to it.

Anyway- Payment due 5 minutes ago. For your convenience, I take both cash and beer.

Happy trails and may the shwarzt be with you!
BUT WAIT!!! If you contact her NOW, you will get not one, not two, but THREE tidbits of info! Hurry before the offer expires!!!!

Offerdoesnotconsistofcorrectinformationbutitsjuicyenoughtoprintanyway.offer expiresin321seconds,feesmayapply.

Welcome :) 321 to USMB. Well, looks like Deannalw has first dibs on letting you in on the posters lol but let me tell you this… just when you think you “know” someone and you have them all figured out? Zing! Zang! Zong! One of their posts throws off your whole assessment! Hey, maybe I need to take Deannalw up on her offer because some of my character assessments change daily!

Loved WWN...My mother would buy those for me as a child at the super market. I remember this issue specifically. I even asked my parents (they didn't read it) if we could go to Kalamazoo and find Elvis (We lived in PA). My father's face grimaced, and he shook his head in confusion. My mother laughed.

1630751675848.png

Welcome to USMB, Smiley. Hope you enjoy the boards. Lots to do around here when you've had enough politics for the time being. I was heading for the Writing board when I noticed a couple of new faces !round here. Best wishes.

Their website is alive and well, but a quick perusal tells me that they need better writers (and SpellCheck ;-)

But yea, there was nothing like the WWN print time frame when you were waiting in line at the grocery store. Do you remember Ed Anger - The right wing parody feller? They just don't make 'em like Ed. Here's his archives.

I actually bought a few of the classics and still have. Figured they might be worth something someday. Anyhoo welcome - We could use a little humor around here!

original.jpg

Yeah, I've got the collected editorials of Ed Anger (That was Ed Klontz' alter-ego) - "Let's Pave the Stupid Rainforests and Give All the Teachers Stun Guns." You may still be able to get it on Amazon. He's pig-bitin' mad!

Forum List

Back