Hell makes very much sense

Christians also believe in a literal Hell as described in their Bible. ...... :cool:

However the founding church a few years back finally admited that hell is not a literal place but a state of being.
Let's face it, literal interp of hell was done to get people to submit to the authorities and to help collect tithes. The afterlife teachings has been the catalyst for most of the worlds insistance to send people there.
It's used by kingdoms and kings to get people to lay down and die for them, the same leaders who are in no rush to get there yet gladly send their enemies to that paradise, right there it should snap a normal person to their senses.
But this world is not normal when we teach and believe opposite reality.
They teach death as life and life as suffering, they teach dying is honor and life as a passage, they teach affiliation pride over what is right or wrong, they teach seperation instead of unification. They teach hate instead of love and don't even understand true love from human ego. =bizzarro world
If you don't believe in a literal hell you don't believe the Bible, Gods word.

your comment is a bit naïve and superficial.
What does "believe in the bible" mean? In
fact there is no overt "HELL" in the OT-----and
not really much of one in the NT. The NT kinda describes a situation of -----"condition after death" which was prevalent in Judea at the time------if you are no damned good, you end up in the garbage dump. There is no clear description of a hell over which a "devil" presides to which people are sentenced FOREVER. In both books ---the situation of ----"after you die" seems very vague to me and only a kind of spiritual issue----that can be considered a matter --UNKNOWN. An actual GEOGRAPHIC HELL------is a development of the catholic church and of islam

Psalms and elsewhere says no more rememberance or thoughts in death.
Common reasoning, science, computer technology teaches us that memory and thought processes and the conveying energy all requires a processor.
Our processor brain and vessel body once gone is liken to the computer hardrive and motherboard burning out.
There's no more thought, memory untill you place that back in a new fresh vessel.
Technically it can be done (see my google post), resurrect you over and over to be punished infinite times, but it would serve no purpose, be evil, and be a waste of resources. Therefore if the same people who teach literal hell would call that evil and vindictive then they inadvertantly admit there's something evil about their teachings, especially since the decision of torture is based on affiliation pride and an idol based on egomania.

I speak of the traditional knowledge in Islam, and of the knowledge of the saints of Islam.

You agree that a serial killer goes to Hell, or someone who came in violence against elderly people, or someone who tortured someone to death, or a mob who beat someone to death, or the people of ISIS and Al Qaeda, or people like Hitler and his chiefs, or some medieval kings who did very evil things to some people. It makes sense that they go to Hell, except if they change and repent; which you can not allow yourself to expect of that of them. Hell makes sense in these cases, and it is right.

There are two things, that if you believe them in your mind and in your heart, are greatly evil. Those evils are beyond understanding. Those 2 things are there is more than 1 God, and Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is not a prophet of God. You can not realise how evil this is. Muhammad's holiness and heavenliness is very well known, seek it for instance from the Night Journey, which you can learn from in Wikipedia. If you want to have an idea of how evil these unbeliefs are, think for a second about who are, in the world, most likely to believe and say: "there is more than one God" and "Muhammad is not a prophet of God" and think about what it takes to believe and say this. Then you will start to understand how evil this is. It is horrible and vulgar.

These beliefs will lead you to Hell, where God will destroy you to show you His greatness in respect of you, wherein you shall "neither die, nor live".

Ultimately, you will be cleansed and God will make you attain an inner state of bliss, but that will be inside the Fire, wherein you shall remain forever, and where death will never come to you, and never will an end be put to you.

The hell belief comes from false interpretations of prophecies like this one;

Isaiah 66:
22: "For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before me, says the LORD; so shall your descendants and your name remain. 23: From new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, says the LORD. 24: "And they shall go forth and look on the dead bodies of the men that have rebelled against me; for their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh."

Most of God's people have no idea that the body is the only part of man that dies. The spirit of man will remain forever and get new bodies in Paradise.

I speak of the traditional knowledge in Islam, and of the knowledge of the saints of Islam.

You agree that a serial killer goes to Hell, or someone who came in violence against elderly people, or someone who tortured someone to death, or a mob who beat someone to death, or the people of ISIS and Al Qaeda, or people like Hitler and his chiefs, or some medieval kings who did very evil things to some people. It makes sense that they go to Hell, except if they change and repent; which you can not allow yourself to expect of that of them. Hell makes sense in these cases, and it is right.

There are two things, that if you believe them in your mind and in your heart, are greatly evil. Those evils are beyond understanding. Those 2 things are there is more than 1 God, and Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is not a prophet of God. You can not realise how evil this is. Muhammad's holiness and heavenliness is very well known, seek it for instance from the Night Journey, which you can learn from in Wikipedia. If you want to have an idea of how evil these unbeliefs are, think for a second about who are, in the world, most likely to believe and say: "there is more than one God" and "Muhammad is not a prophet of God" and think about what it takes to believe and say this. Then you will start to understand how evil this is. It is horrible and vulgar.

These beliefs will lead you to Hell, where God will destroy you to show you His greatness in respect of you, wherein you shall "neither die, nor live".

Ultimately, you will be cleansed and God will make you attain an inner state of bliss, but that will be inside the Fire, wherein you shall remain forever, and where death will never come to you, and never will an end be put to you.

The hell belief comes from false interpretations of prophecies like this one;

Isaiah 66:
22: "For as the new heavens and the new earth which I will make shall remain before me, says the LORD; so shall your descendants and your name remain. 23: From new moon to new moon, and from sabbath to sabbath, all flesh shall come to worship before me, says the LORD. 24: "And they shall go forth and look on the dead bodies of the men that have rebelled against me; for their worm shall not die, their fire shall not be quenched, and they shall be an abhorrence to all flesh."

Most of God's people have no idea that the body is the only part of man that dies. The spirit of man will remain forever and get new bodies in Paradise.

I think that the "HELL" imagery of Judea----in the first millennia BC referred to the idea that nasty evil people kinda rot unmourned and "unhonored" as if in a trash heap. It did not refer to a kind of SENSED TORMENT for those beings------somehow ELABORATIONS involving an evil JAILER----ie "DA DEVIL" with torture tools developed amongst Christians ----since it was a vestige of HADES -----and then amongst muslims. The concept of a persistent "soul" does exist in Judaism----for a long time

Christians also believe in a literal Hell as described in their Bible. ...... :cool:

However the founding church a few years back finally admited that hell is not a literal place but a state of being.
Let's face it, literal interp of hell was done to get people to submit to the authorities and to help collect tithes. The afterlife teachings has been the catalyst for most of the worlds insistance to send people there.
It's used by kingdoms and kings to get people to lay down and die for them, the same leaders who are in no rush to get there yet gladly send their enemies to that paradise, right there it should snap a normal person to their senses.
They teach death as life and life as suffering, they teach dying is honor and life as a passage, they teach affiliation pride over what is right or wrong, they teach seperation instead of unification. They teach hate instead of love and don't even understand true love from human ego. =bizzarro world

not really much of one in the NT. The NT kinda describes a situation of -----"condition after death" which was prevalent in Judea at the time------if you are no damned good, you end up in the garbage dump. There is no clear description of a hell over which a "devil" presides to which people are sentenced FOREVER. In both books ---the situation of ----"after you die" seems very vague to me and only a kind of spiritual issue----that can be considered a matter --UNKNOWN. An actual GEOGRAPHIC HELL------is a development of the catholic church and of islam

Revelation 21 verse 8. I am not the naive one. The Bible the truth, period.

you have a real problem with reading comprehension and grasp on style of writing

By the way
In Hell--what is burning. I mean what is actually on fire? We know it is nothing physical,so how does a flame burn without fuel.

Yeah, hell makes sense--like the kind of sense found in a mad mans delusions!

Just remember
The truth is self sufficient--it needs no servant, no martye nor messenger.

However, a lie may need an army in order to survive.

By the way
In Hell--what is burning. I mean what is actually on fire? We know it is nothing physical,so how does a flame burn without fuel.

fuel??? all you need for fire to BE is lots of
oxygen (and a little match----ask Smokey)
"THE INFERNO" is one of the best books I ever read--------exciting place----and always on fire. Are you suggesting that DANTE lied?

By the way

"THE INFERNO" is one of the best books I ever read--------exciting place----and always on fire. Are you suggesting that DANTE lied?
I think Dante wrote a fictional masterpiece, intended it to be fictional, and someone from the church used the imagery and suggested it was fact.

Of course, I am not a fan of Dante so I can be wrong.

you have a real problem with reading comprehension and grasp on style of writing
You have a problem with the truth. Good luck.

By the way

I think Dante wrote a fictional masterpiece, intended it to be fictional, and someone from the church used the imagery and suggested it was fact.

my understanding ----uhm---what I seem to remember when I read the thing----and did the report for my ninth grade class----(I was 14 years old at the time) was that DANTE used the accepted model of hell which was
determined by the catholic church at that time. He did not invent its "geography"----of course he ELABORATED lots. ----DO NOT DISPARAGE DANTE----ok???

right---the book of REVULSIONS written by an entirely unknown person and in the manner of a nut high on mushrooms is your source of "TRUTH". He who wrote the book of REVULSIONS -----whoever he was-----was certainly IMAGINATIVE----although he seems to have depended heavily on other users like EZEKIEL and a bit on DANIEL is obviously transmitting the ROCK HARD TRUTH

By the way

my understanding ----uhm---what I seem to remember when I read the thing----and did the report for my ninth grade class----(I was 14 years old at the time) was that DANTE used the accepted model of hell which was
determined by the catholic church at that time. He did not invent its "geography"----of course he ELABORATED lots. ----DO NOT DISPARAGE DANTE----ok???

OK, I was wrong about Dante

Still does not excuse the fact that someone had a lively imagination.

right---the book of REVULSIONS written by an entirely unknown person and in the manner of a nut high on mushrooms is your source of "TRUTH". He who wrote the book of REVULSIONS -----whoever he was-----was certainly IMAGINATIVE----although he seems to have depended heavily on other users like EZEKIEL and a bit on DANIEL is obviously transmitting the ROCK HARD TRUTH
Your mind has been clouded by the lies of satan, seek help. Your choice not to believe, good luck.

There are two things, that if you believe them in your mind and in your heart, are greatly evil. Those evils are beyond understanding. Those 2 things are there is more than 1 God, and Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) is not a prophet of God.

Millions of people have lived and died believing in more than 1 God. A good many of them never even heard of Muhammad or Islam because he was not yet born or they lived in another part of the world. Are they all in hell?

If they are, how could a "loving" God condemn someone for their ignorance? If they are not in hell a "loving" God sent Muhammad to condemn them to hell when they would otherwise have gone to heaven? Sorry but the concept of a "loving" God and hell makes no sense whatsoever.

After watching a portion of an episode of Jack*** on MTV last night I concluded that hell should be that the evil people get to be the guineapigs for Johnny Knoxville and his clan of misfits. I vote hell's punishment to be one ride on the porta potty bungie slingshot per offense.
But not just any porta potty, it has to be one from a hippy festival.

Hell is a threat of terrorists to control the masses.
For a loving omnipotent god/creator it makes no sense. For a god that was willing to sacrifice his son to erase sin, it makes no sense. For people of logic and science, using the god given mind, it makes no sense. To a god or religion that teaches love and peace, it makes no sense. To the belief in end times where all people will be forgiven after the destruction of life on earth, it makes no sense.....the world would be destroyed and people killed so they can go to heaven? What of the gift of life and caring for others in this life? Stop trying to jump the line because you are too lazy to do what is needed in this life.
Hell is the nightmares that scare people, not the example or loving guide that should be used to teach us how to behave.
The idea that an omnipotent god need a devil or fallen angel that is equal to himself and wants to steal souls makes no sense. Do we have one god or more than one? What of the souls of animals and other life forms? Must they all be destroyed as well while wiping out mankind?
No hell does not make sense. It is a tool of the hateful, not a tool of god.

We don't beat or abuse our children, so why should be expect god to threaten, terrify or abuse his children with hell?
Hell makes no sense.
Hate here on earth is the only hell we should be concerned with. Work to end hate, not try to enslaving people with fear.

The Christian model of hell is the hell of HADES and PLUTO----
it was there in the minds of the people and just did not go
away. It really does not appear explicitly in the bible ---
even in the New Testament -----the Book of Revulsions is
surrealism

Abrasive Pods

When we take conveniences (i.e., eBay) in the modern world for granted, we become gluttons and braggarts, indulging in arrogance.

We open up prophetic Hellmouths that indicate a moral apathy towards prosperity vigilance, which is discouraging in capitalist America.

I remember the line from the religiosity-film "Exorcist: The Beginning" (2004) which read, "Sometimes I think the best view of God is from Hell."

Maybe we need Satan to remind us of the frailties of ambition and how they draw us towards skepticism.

:afro:

The Grapes of Wrath

baraka.jpg

Forum List

Back