Heartwarming homecoming for 13 US Marines

Connery

Rookie
Oct 19, 2012
As I am preparing to go to the base to workout, I read this. This just brought a little sunshine into my day.

"The 13 Marines from Afghanistan were treated like heroes Monday night at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. Their plane taxied beneath an arch of water from fire department hoses and were met by a small crowd of cheering USO volunteers, firefighters, police officers and airport workers.

A group of Marines on their way home from Afghanistan got something they didn't expect after spending the better part of five days getting on and off planes as they tried to get from one side of the globe to another: cheers from a small crowd of police, a fire truck water salute and first-class plane tickets.

It was incredibly touching," Capt. Pravin Rajan said in a telephone interview from Camp Pendleton in California. "Afghanistan is a very complex and ambiguous war ... and a difficult thing to keep track of so it is amazing when we are 10 years (into) a war and there is still that kind of community, that level of support, the level of willingness to go out of one's way."....:clap2:

Heartwarming homecoming for 13 US Marines - CSMonitor.com

Now I am going to hang out with my brothers and sisters ....:salute:

Forum List

Back