Heard this phrase on 3 different TV shows....."You come a long way baby"

Denying the foolish habits your bros have is not going to make it go away.

Where were you working? At a gas station
A gas station would not have very many employees. This was a plastic manufacturing plant that had about 75 employees.

I knew it was somewhere that didn't have computers

A gas station would not have very many employees. This was a plastic manufacturing plant that had about 75 employees.

I knew it was somewhere that didn't involve computers because you sound like you have no computer skills or typing skills. You seem like labor material

I knew it was somewhere that didn't involve computers because you sound like you have no computer skills or typing skills. You seem like labor material
It was in the 70's. Nobody had no computer skills then. I was a programmer for 8 years after that, part time in the 90's. The blacks opened their cigarettes from the bottom. No amount of your lame attempts at insulting me will change that fact.

Marlboro man died of cancer.
Believe it or not, Keith Richards is still alive and kickin'.

Marlboro-Man-Keith-Richards-Advert--25380.jpg

The ad says "Now gaily packaged for Christmas". And in the UK they call cigarettes "fags".

Perhaps this ad was directed at the gay community?

It was in the 70's. Nobody had no computer skills then. I was a programmer for 8 years after that, part time in the 90's. The blacks opened their cigarettes from the bottom. No amount of your lame attempts at insulting me will change that fact.

How come you didn't ask the black guys in the 70"s?? You was scared they would slap the shit out of you? LOL

No superfly, I did ask. Back in the 70's blacks weren't all this racist gang bang bs like they are now. You could be friends with them.

No superfly, I did ask. Back in the 70's blacks weren't all this racist gang bang bs like they are now. You could be friends with them.

What was their answer mongo?

They just did it to piss you off

They weren't pissing me off. I just wondered why they did that. I have heard two responses to it. This first one is from the NYT.
Further on ''A Cigarette Campaign Under Fire'' (Business Day, Jan. 12), your report on the campaign that the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company planned for Uptown, a mentholated cigarette intended to appeal to black smokers:

You state, ''Market research indicated blacks opened cigarette packs from the bottom, possibly to avoid crushing the filters.'' The observation is correct, but the reason is wrong.

This phenomenon traces back at least to World War II, when cigarettes were a valued commodity among soldiers. Often a soldier temporarily without cigarettes and without funds would ''bum'' a smoke from a fellow soldier. It was impolite to refuse such a request. However, there were two occasions when a refusal was not considered impolite: if there was only one cigarette left in the pack and if the pack was not yet opened.

A pack opened from the bottom and resting, as it normally did, in a shirt pocket would appear unopened. Therefore the soldier in possession of cigarettes would be able to avoid having to give too many away.

At the end of World War II, the returning soldiers brought the practice back home with them. For economic reasons, it continued in the black culture, even as it was dying out among whites.

ESSIE B. CROCKETT

New York, Jan. 12, 1990

The second one was given directly to me from Reggie, a co worker. He said that he opened his like that to keep his dirty hands off the filters. I'm sure he was truthful.

Last edited:

They weren't pissing me off. I just wondered why they did that. I have heard two responses to it. This first one is from the NYT.
Further on ''A Cigarette Campaign Under Fire'' (Business Day, Jan. 12), your report on the campaign that the R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company planned for Uptown, a mentholated cigarette intended to appeal to black smokers:

You state, ''Market research indicated blacks opened cigarette packs from the bottom, possibly to avoid crushing the filters.'' The observation is correct, but the reason is wrong.

This phenomenon traces back at least to World War II, when cigarettes were a valued commodity among soldiers. Often a soldier temporarily without cigarettes and without funds would ''bum'' a smoke from a fellow soldier. It was impolite to refuse such a request. However, there were two occasions when a refusal was not considered impolite: if there was only one cigarette left in the pack and if the pack was not yet opened.

A pack opened from the bottom and resting, as it normally did, in a shirt pocket would appear unopened. Therefore the soldier in possession of cigarettes would be able to avoid having to give too many away.

At the end of World War II, the returning soldiers brought the practice back home with them. For economic reasons, it continued in the black culture, even as it was dying out among whites.

ESSIE B. CROCKETT

New York, Jan. 12, 1990

The second one was given directly to me from Reggie, a co worker. He said that he opened his like that to keep his dirty hands off the filters. I'm sure he was truthful.

Why do white women like kissing their dogs

Forum List

Back