Health Insurance CEO calls for Single Payer debate

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Now that the GOP has demonstrated beyond any reasonable doubt that it has its head planted firmly up its own ass on health care, we get this: Aetna CEO calls for single-payer debate

I've been screaming for expanding the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system to all for some time now - an efficient blend of public and private payment - and thanks to the GOP, that may be on the horizon.

Most people don't understand the difference between Single payer and an expansion of the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system, but that's okay. Maybe the health insurance industry, of all freaking people, will lead the way.

Way to go, GOP. You lied for eight years that you had a better way. If this happens, you'd better be looking in the mirror.

I've been screaming for expanding the Medicare / Medicare Supplement / Medicare Advantage system to all for some time now - an efficient blend of public and private payment - and thanks to the GOP, that may be on the horizon.

Yes, we totally need to have greedy insurance companies deciding if we get medical insurance or not. Just ask Nataline Sarkisyan how well that works out.

So, the insurance company can manage it? That isn't single payer. He wants to make sure he gets his cut. Which is hysterically funny when you look at those folks at the other end that are demanding a universal basic income.

If the government wants to pay all the bills, and employers want to stop offering coverage, and we can be there in a public private partnership to do the work we do today with Medicare, and with Medicaid at every state level, we run the Medicaid programs for them, then let’s have that conversation,” Bertolini responded.

The CEO "was certainly not advocating for a single-payer system," Aetna spokesperson T.J. Crawford wrote in an email.
Aetna CEO called for 'debate' about single-payer healthcare: report

There are two threads I posted yesterday that deal with the failure of what he wants in two different states. He just wants to make sure he gets paid.

Forum List

Back