heads up ladies...quit smoking

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
over the last few months i have had blood in my urine....i ignored it for a couple of months due to other issues in real life....my mil was at duke very ill and it just didnt seem like the right time to bring this up....but i finally hit the doctor and the whirl wind began

i got into the urologist....i had an appoint on a Thursday for a scope into the bladder and a lower body cat scan....you get to take an huge bottle of laxative for that....the scope showed a tumor.....cancer....now i got the fng and he is young, 36....cat shows up the one tumor.....so the next thing i know i am set for a monday am procedure...to remove the tumor....i go in monday...procedure is a grand success but the damn gen ans...damn near kills me....i start vomiting and the out patient become the overnight guest....i vomited for a week.....they did let me out due to my bitching but when i got home i was still sick.....my bg has sky rocketed....but that is behind me...now ..i hope

LADIES.....15 YEARS OF A PACK A DAY CIGGIES IS ABOUT THE ONLY WAY TO GET BLADDER CANCER....QUIT....ITS NOT PRETTY DRAGGING A BAG FULL OF URINE AROUND WITH YA.....QUIT

over the last few months i have had blood in my urine....i ignored it for a couple of months due to other issues in real life....my mil was at duke very ill and it just didnt seem like the right time to bring this up....but i finally hit the doctor and the whirl wind began

i got into the urologist....i had an appoint on a Thursday for a scope into the bladder and a lower body cat scan....you get to take an huge bottle of laxative for that....the scope showed a tumor.....cancer....now i got the fng and he is young, 36....cat shows up the one tumor.....so the next thing i know i am set for a monday am procedure...to remove the tumor....i go in monday...procedure is a grand success but the damn gen ans...damn near kills me....i start vomiting and the out patient become the overnight guest....i vomited for a week.....they did let me out due to my bitching but when i got home i was still sick.....my bg has sky rocketed....but that is behind me...now ..i hope

LADIES.....15 YEARS OF A PACK A DAY CIGGIES IS ABOUT THE ONLY WAY TO GET BLADDER CANCER....QUIT....ITS NOT PRETTY DRAGGING A BAG FULL OF URINE AROUND WITH YA.....QUIT

Sorry to hear about your illness. I am going to pass on your story to my wife... She needs to quit

Wish you the best and know you will kick this thing down

-Geaux

do pass on the story......it appears to be about the only way women get this cancer.....i thought my husband who hates that i smoked would leave my dumbass when he found out the truth of the cause.....that man is a fucking saint.....he accepts that i no longer smoke and is willing to deal with this

i can email her the whole horror story

Bless your heart bones.

Im so GLAD it seems to be ending with you getting better.

your a wonderful person

thanks truth.....it was just the luck of getting a good doctor who did not slow down at all...as soon as he found the tumor....i was fast tracked into the hospital....it was so fast i never had a chance to worry really.

o thanks no nukes.....we watch it for 2 years.....3 to 4 scopes up the bladder a year....then if nothing is back...we go to once a year....yea....a scope up the bladder every 3 to 4 months......what a date to look forward to.....

good going girlfriend.

that is what you need to do.

just get better.

the world is glad to still have you here.

o thanks no nukes.....we watch it for 2 years.....3 to 4 scopes up the bladder a year....then if nothing is back...we go to once a year....yea....a scope up the bladder every 3 to 4 months......what a date to look forward to.....

Had a female friend who had a large tumor in her bladder and the doctors gave her a year to live. She opted for alternative treatment using diet, supplements and counselling. A year after she was diagnosed, the tumor was gone.

One of my best friends lost his mom this way. Lifelong smoker, bladder cancer.

I myself quit 12 years ago, but who knows what the after effects will be down the road.

i am glad that worked for her.....as a witch i have taken a lot of shit for going right for the medical treatment....we didnt even discuss that......just told me to not pick back up a pack of ciggies...which was funny....when i was pacing in his office....he stuck his head in .....i said....you know what i want....he goes...a cigarette? he was so right.....lol

plus he was of the view....to get it out...asap

One of my best friends lost his mom this way. Lifelong smoker, bladder cancer.

I myself quit 12 years ago, but who knows what the after effects will be down the road.

that is all you can do is quit.......but if you have blood in urine.....dont ignore it for a day or a minute....most of the time its nothing but we seemed to have stacked the odds against us with the smoking....

the hardest thing....telling my husband that smoking caused this....i knew damn well the fng was gonna bust me wide open and tell him....my husband begged me to quit for years

Forum List

Back