He won't be beholden to anyone

I was listening to the radio at work earlier one of the caller's called in and said he was voting for Trump because Trump won't be beholden to anyone

Why is that a good thing? Don't we want our leaders beholden to us, the people? They are supposed to be our servant, not us theirs. Isn't the problem with our politicians the fact that they aren't accountable to the people? Why would we want this?

A leader who isn't beholden to the people is a despot.

I think what the caller meant was that Trump won't be beholden to any special interest groups, lobbyists, donors, etc., since he funded his own campaign.

Trump has made it very clear that he is working for us and no one else.
It's a novel idea for a modern US president. Let's give it a try.
What evidence is there that he's working for us and not his ego? He has no record on issues, beyond he appears to be flipflopping on long held liberal views. Romney was not a lifetime politician, nor was Reagan, nor was Eisenhower .... JFK didn't want to be one. A person doesn't have to be a career politician to have a record of consistent views and actions of trying to benefit society.

Exactly what is it that you hate about Trump? Is it because he wants to create millions of jobs? Is it because he wants to level the playing field for imports and exports? Is it because he wants to keep American companies inside the US? Is it because he wants to secure our borders and put a stop to illegal immigration? Is it because he wants a strong military and take better care of our veterans?
It's because he's a loud mouth pos Has no idea how any of his bs gets done A strong military ? and you pubs eat that shit up??? un fn believable We have the strongest now by far Outspend the world he's a jerk a rich jerk who's probably been cheating on his taxes for years as per romney

So it's really because of the freebies. Got you.
yeah its the freebies you dummy ,,,you're nothing but a repub fool and you have lots of company here

later Dinner now Capital grill in Lauderdale look em up ,,,check the menu......save up a few weeks you can eat there too lol lol

Well, actually you did not answer my questions. You simply went off in attack mode claiming he wouldn't do anything when you actually do not know what he might accomplish. You're a childish fool.

I love it. If the Democrats and the Liberals on USMB respect their own polling and continue to preach that Hillary will easily defeat Donald Trump, why in the hell are they starting one thread after another on USMB trying to smear Trump. Common sense would dictate that they would want Trump to win the Republican nomination were that truly the case. Are the Liberals on USMB totally stupid or are they actually scared shitless?
I can't imagine voting for Hillary, personally. But from what I've seen and read, her best matchup is against Trump. Less than 20% of latinos have any desire to vote for him, and his negative suggest the latino vote in this election will be a higher % than in 2008. If that's correct, then mathematically Donald cannot win .... unless something unknown happens that totally skew the vote of other groups. Donald also doesn't do well with women, esp in older age groups.

So, my own take is that it might hypothetically be possible that so many whites would vote for Trump, even lowering the Clinton's normal white percentage of the vote, to make it close, take some combination of Pa,Oh, Wisc, and Mich ... and Fla, to win a squeaker even if Hill takes Va NC and Colo along with the other traditionally blue states.

But what I've heard and read is that because the Donald is so caustic and has absolutely no normal sense of civility in discourse, the Clintons fear that even if Hillary wins, she'll be carrying scars of personal destruction. So, they may prefer a cruz or Rubio matchup. But, that isn't going to happen, unless something is revealed about Donald that we don't know now.
no one has even gone after him, the media is kissing his ass, the politicians know trump will cause a tantrum, making his worshipers love him even more....

Trump has even more baggage than the Clintons....but everyone is afraid of him and law suits or his downright lies that will be tweeted and supported by his flock.... who absolutely don't care he's playing them like a violin....just amazing... even the Donald knows he's got them wrapped around his pinky finger when he states he could murder someone on the street and his fans would still love him and support him....

God help us, if this egotistical, narcissistic, lying, insane, maniac wins.... imo.

It's not his liberal policies that I am against, I support many of them, it's his mouth that will get us all killed, and his finger...which should be no where near that nuclear button...

he's so ignorant on the Constitution as well....shakes head....and sigh....hearing more cheers from his flock....and ready for them to act just like him and pounce on anyone that sees thru this charade of his...

The Lord has handed this Nation over to the Beast in Revelation as far as I can tell....

Everyone has gone after him. You're nuts. He has been attacked more than anyone in history.

they only like the radical leftwing thugs like Obama and his goons. anyone else they can't deal.

The only folks coming to the aid of the OP are liberals or left leaning...no need to reply...that fact speaks for itself.

I was listening to the radio at work earlier one of the caller's called in and said he was voting for Trump because Trump won't be beholden to anyone

Why is that a good thing? Don't we want our leaders beholden to us, the people? They are supposed to be our servant, not us theirs. Isn't the problem with our politicians the fact that they aren't accountable to the people? Why would we want this?

Well I think the implied idea is not beholden to special interests and party hacks. you know the same stuff Bernie Sanders bitches about. He doesn't want people to pay their own way, or get it from rich friends, he wants us poor taxpayers to pay for these fucking politicians. fuck you Bernie, fuck you!

Trump won't be beholden to anyone except Trump. Perfect world anybody?

Well I think the implied idea is not beholden to special interests and party hacks. you know the same stuff Bernie Sanders bitches about. He doesn't want people to pay their own way, or get it from rich friends, he wants us poor taxpayers to pay for these fucking politicians. fuck you Bernie, fuck you!

The thing is, between Rump and Sanders --- one of them has spent his whole life working to benefit others, and the other has spent his whole life working to benefit Numero Uno. And of course neither shows any indication that's going to change.

Your choice out of those two speaks volumes.

The thing is, between Rump and Sanders --- one of them has spent his whole life working to benefit others, and the other has spent his whole life working to benefit Numero Uno. And of course neither shows any indication that's going to change.

Your choice out of those two speaks volumes.
I HAVE noticed the protests of the MILLIONS of people who have been mistreated or fired by the Trump.

I don't think by saying "beholden to anyone" he meant people. I think he meant to establishment and media. And reaction he's getting from both of those is proof of that.

oirv4p.png

I love it. If the Democrats and the Liberals on USMB respect their own polling and continue to preach that Hillary will easily defeat Donald Trump, why in the hell are they starting one thread after another on USMB trying to smear Trump. Common sense would dictate that they would want Trump to win the Republican nomination were that truly the case. Are the Liberals on USMB totally stupid or are they actually scared shitless?
I can't imagine voting for Hillary, personally. But from what I've seen and read, her best matchup is against Trump. Less than 20% of latinos have any desire to vote for him, and his negative suggest the latino vote in this election will be a higher % than in 2008. If that's correct, then mathematically Donald cannot win .... unless something unknown happens that totally skew the vote of other groups. Donald also doesn't do well with women, esp in older age groups.

So, my own take is that it might hypothetically be possible that so many whites would vote for Trump, even lowering the Clinton's normal white percentage of the vote, to make it close, take some combination of Pa,Oh, Wisc, and Mich ... and Fla, to win a squeaker even if Hill takes Va NC and Colo along with the other traditionally blue states.

But what I've heard and read is that because the Donald is so caustic and has absolutely no normal sense of civility in discourse, the Clintons fear that even if Hillary wins, she'll be carrying scars of personal destruction. So, they may prefer a cruz or Rubio matchup. But, that isn't going to happen, unless something is revealed about Donald that we don't know now.
no one has even gone after him, the media is kissing his ass, the politicians know trump will cause a tantrum, making his worshipers love him even more....

Trump has even more baggage than the Clintons....but everyone is afraid of him and law suits or his downright lies that will be tweeted and supported by his flock.... who absolutely don't care he's playing them like a violin....just amazing... even the Donald knows he's got them wrapped around his pinky finger when he states he could murder someone on the street and his fans would still love him and support him....

God help us, if this egotistical, narcissistic, lying, insane, maniac wins.... imo.

It's not his liberal policies that I am against, I support many of them, it's his mouth that will get us all killed, and his finger...which should be no where near that nuclear button...

he's so ignorant on the Constitution as well....shakes head....and sigh....hearing more cheers from his flock....and ready for them to act just like him and pounce on anyone that sees thru this charade of his...

The Lord has handed this Nation over to the Beast in Revelation as far as I can tell....

Everyone has gone after him. You're nuts. He has been attacked more than anyone in history.

What a crock of shit! "He has been attacked more than anyone in history."
I got one word for you, Obama! W caught a lot of shit for some of his actions, but it completely pales against the unbelievable shit Obama has caught for his bad judgement.
Lastly, you call yourself a conservative and yet you support Trump? And you call other posters ignorant! :disbelief::laugh:
Trump is by far the most liberal GOP presidential candidate by quite a margin and his long-term history proves it. Just because he pulls your chain and you fall for his new found bullshit doesn't make him a conservative.
Where do these people come from?

I don't think by saying "beholden to anyone" he meant people. I think he meant to establishment and media. And reaction he's getting from both of those is proof of that.

oirv4p.png

Thanks for posting an example of Trumps gigantic ego. The fucker thinks he's a god.

Beholden? Trump Is independently wealthy. Beholden to stock holders, to somebody. I am amused and insulted that it takes wealthy people of any stripe to get elected. Elect me, I have no money, I have nothing to offer. Little or no political experience. No Money. If you do, that will prove the American political system works. Vote Mary! Vote often!

oirv4p.png

Thanks for posting an example of Trumps gigantic ego. The fucker thinks he's a god.

So does media. They just run into someone who think otherwise.

Forum List

Back