He won't be beholden to anyone

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
I was listening to the radio at work earlier one of the caller's called in and said he was voting for Trump because Trump won't be beholden to anyone

Why is that a good thing? Don't we want our leaders beholden to us, the people? They are supposed to be our servant, not us theirs. Isn't the problem with our politicians the fact that they aren't accountable to the people? Why would we want this?

A leader who isn't beholden to the people is a despot.

I was listening to the radio at work earlier one of the caller's called in and said he was voting for Trump because Trump won't be beholden to anyone

Why is that a good thing? Don't we want our leaders beholden to us, the people? They are supposed to be our servant, not us theirs. Isn't the problem with our politicians the fact that they aren't accountable to the people? Why would we want this?

Good point. Rump has always been beholden/enslaved to his own ego, which this carnival show has shown to be extremely fragile. And there's no reason to suspect after 70 years he's suddenly going to do a 180, inexplicably become other-centred and start caring about anything but Numero Uno. Such a turnaround would completely contradict everything he's done in life up to this point.

And Liberals have the gall to call Conservatives uneducated and stupid. You are the poster boy for the intelligence of the average Liberal. Your OP is not simply ignorant, it's stupid as well as pathetic.

I think what the caller meant was that Trump won't be beholden to any special interest groups, lobbyists, donors, etc., since he funded his own campaign.

I think what the caller meant was that Trump won't be beholden to any special interest groups, lobbyists, donors, etc., since he funded his own campaign.

The people are lobbyists. We denounce them telling our leaders we don't want them influenced and then get angry when our leaders aren't influences by us

And Liberals have the gall to call Conservatives uneducated and stupid. You are the poster boy for the intelligence of the average Liberal. Your OP is not simply ignorant, it's stupid as well as pathetic.

Which is why you have to resort to person attacks.

You don't like seeing a conservative constitutionalist hold up a mirror to you

Maybe you haven't been here long enough to figure this out but -- the OP is a conservative. And he's also correct.

It's illustrative that your basis is emotion to the exclusion of rationality. That seems to sync with the pseudocandidate and his rhetoric.

Trump has made it very clear that he is working for us and no one else.
It's a novel idea for a modern US president. Let's give it a try.

he's told you what he thinks and wants to get done and from what I'm gathering from listening to him, hopefully he'll be beholding to WE THE PEOPLE again like things are supposed to be

T Rump is a con man ,,,a very good con man ..suckered 33% so far to support him ,,,but repubs get suckered so easily.....let this pos in our wh he'll walk out with all the furniture,,,,,after he leaves america in bankruptcy like he left other companies 4 times

FYI
Avatar, has never ever ever been a liberal in the History of Mankind!

Which is why you have to resort to person attacks.

You don't like seeing a conservative constitutionalist hold up a mirror to you

There's hardly a mirror there. You are simply posting an OP that showcases your own ignorance. Most folks would be totally ashamed for posting an OP so completely stupid.

You'll vote for him anyway if he's the candidate, amirite?

Trump has made it very clear that he is working for us and no one else.
It's a novel idea for a modern US president. Let's give it a try.
What evidence is there that he's working for us and not his ego? He has no record on issues, beyond he appears to be flipflopping on long held liberal views. Romney was not a lifetime politician, nor was Reagan, nor was Eisenhower .... JFK didn't want to be one. A person doesn't have to be a career politician to have a record of consistent views and actions of trying to benefit society.

Aw! Is the neo-Con avatar shitting in his Free Trade underwear ?

I love it. If the Democrats and the Liberals on USMB respect their own polling and continue to preach that Hillary will easily defeat Donald Trump, why in the hell are they starting one thread after another on USMB trying to smear Trump. Common sense would dictate that they would want Trump to win the Republican nomination were that truly the case. Are the Liberals on USMB totally stupid or are they actually scared shitless?

I love it. If the Democrats and the Liberals on USMB respect their own polling and continue to preach that Hillary will easily defeat Donald Trump, why in the hell are they starting one thread after another on USMB trying to smear Trump. Common sense would dictate that they would want Trump to win the Republican nomination were that truly the case. Are the Liberals on USMB totally stupid or are they actually scared shitless?
what I've been hearing is that dems should be supporting trump because rubio and cruz would be even worse than trump as president....

A leader who isn't beholden to the people is a desnpot.

The people are lobbyists. We denounce them telling our leaders we don't want them influenced and then get angry when our leaders aren't influences by us

Lobbyists are paid by corporations or special interest groups and are not always interested in the ordinary citizen.

Forum List

Back