He-man Ted Nugent posts pic of huge deer buck he bow-shot

Actually the buck looks kinda puny - maybe 150 pounds. Nice rack though and i guess that's what matters. From the blood stain it looks like he gut-shot the poor thing. Don't like that. Maybe spent hours dying.

Ted Nugent posts pics of massive buck kill Glory Hallelujah - Washington Times

10696263_10152538725312297_12612562351650931_n_c0-206-480-485_s561x327.jpg

Iconic rocker-turned-conservative pundit Ted Nugent took to Facebook to share his version of a perfect Thanksgiving: a photo of a massive buck he brought down with a bow and arrow.

His accompanying text, next to the photo of the multi-point antler kill: “OH LORDY LORDY GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! Happy ThanXgiving every damn day in the mystical deer grounds of America ya all! The beast is dead long live the mighty beast!”

Did they charge him extra sedating and putting it in a tiny cage before he murdered it, or did they give him a freebie being a celeb? ;)
I'm guessing
A. You are not familiar with Ted place in TX or MI
B. While high fence hunts are not my cup of tea I hold nothing against those that do. But it's obvious from your post you are clueless as to those preserves

As a side note it is obvious your not very knowledge of white tail deer. High fence preserves are often in excess of 1K acres not a small enclosure you may envision. While you may feel the animals are not able to come and go as the normally would it is not quite true. A whitetails home range is on average 350 acres and given ample water and food they will spend their life on that 3-400 acres. While some deeds home range expands in summer and depending on the doe population a buck may expand his home range during the rut, most stick close to their home range

Get some show of his here on one of the obscure cable channels with gun stuff. Have seen deer in the wild. Only difference is I've never felt the urge to murder a beautiful animal. Well, not the ones that go on four legs at any rate.

If you do not want to hunt, then don't hunt. But do be aware that, with the complete lack of predators, the only thing limiting whitetail population growth is hunting, automobiles, and starvation. Of the three, hunting is by far the most humane. The monies paid by the hunters for licences, fees and extra taxes are also the lion's share of the budget for many state conservation efforts.
You left out wasting disease.If these animal lovers would go out into the woods and care for the deer.....

Now over the years some of you may have noticed my home turf is Sundown in Manitoba.

Middle of nowhere and I love it to death. Timberwolf ran down my road last night. :)

To get an idea of what we hunt in our range I'll put up my neighbors down the road hunt camp. 5 miles only away.

BTW the place is just too pretty for words. Honest people if you want a family hunting vacation this is awesome here.

Aye carumba PWI again we still celebrate Thanksgiving all these years up here we're dual after all and if there's one celebration I miss only as much as the fourth it's Thanksgiving.

Canadian thanksgiving is usually celebrated with a couple of two fours around the grill giving thanks the skeeters are dead and waiting for ice fishing.

:lol:

here's the link:

KC s OUTFITTING

home_main_02.jpg

SWEET!!

If you do not want to hunt, then don't hunt. But do be aware that, with the complete lack of predators, the only thing limiting whitetail population growth is hunting, automobiles, and starvation. Of the three, hunting is by far the most humane. The monies paid by the hunters for licences, fees and extra taxes are also the lion's share of the budget for many state conservation efforts.

Lack of predators???? You ignorant jackass. Mountain lions are all over the western states and kill deer all the time.

I've never seen anyone take a gut shot let alone from a tree stand. I don't understand how a gut shot can be claimed even from the ground with a bow.

We don't know it was from a tree stand but even if it was, you can gut shoot a deer from there. The blood stain is not UNDERNEATH the deer you fool. It's on the side. THINK

Anyway - it was a canned hunt and ted has no business bragging about what he did.

Lack of predators???? You ignorant jackass. Mountain lions are all over the western states and kill deer all the time.

You ignorant putz, do a bit of research into each state and see how many deer need to be taken to maintain a stable herd. Then do a bit of research into how many get killed by mountain lions.

I know the numbers for Alabama, since that is where I hunted the most. The deer herd is estimated to be around 1.5 million head. 1/3 of those need to be taken to maintain a stable herd. How many mountain lions would we need to import to kill 500,000 deer per year.

A mountain lion kills a deer about every 10-14 days (per: Mountain Lion FAQ and Facts )
So to maintain a stable herd of 1.5 million deer, you will need around 20,000 mtn lions.

But since there are an estimated 30 whitetail deer in the US, you will need over 1 million mtn lions to keep the population in check. (just as an FYI, there are only an estimated 30,000 mtn lions in the US)

So before you start calling someone ingnorant, you might want to do a bit of research and get the facts. Because if every one of the 30k mtn lions ate nothing but whitetail deer, and killed one every 10 days, they would only account for 4% of the deer in the US. So that means, bright boy, that 96% of the whitetail deer are untouched by lions.

I've never seen anyone take a gut shot let alone from a tree stand. I don't understand how a gut shot can be claimed even from the ground with a bow.

We don't know it was from a tree stand but even if it was, you can gut shoot a deer from there. The blood stain is not UNDERNEATH the deer you fool. It's on the side. THINK

Anyway - it was a canned hunt and ted has no business bragging about what he did.

Where was the canned hunt?

It was shot from above...so yeah, it was a tree stand. You are a truly SPECIAL kind of stupid, boy.

Forum List

Back