He-man Ted Nugent posts pic of huge deer buck he bow-shot

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Actually the buck looks kinda puny - maybe 150 pounds. Nice rack though and i guess that's what matters. From the blood stain it looks like he gut-shot the poor thing. Don't like that. Maybe spent hours dying.

Ted Nugent posts pics of massive buck kill Glory Hallelujah - Washington Times

10696263_10152538725312297_12612562351650931_n_c0-206-480-485_s561x327.jpg

Iconic rocker-turned-conservative pundit Ted Nugent took to Facebook to share his version of a perfect Thanksgiving: a photo of a massive buck he brought down with a bow and arrow.

His accompanying text, next to the photo of the multi-point antler kill: “OH LORDY LORDY GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! Happy ThanXgiving every damn day in the mystical deer grounds of America ya all! The beast is dead long live the mighty beast!”

Actually the buck looks kinda puny - maybe 150 pounds. Nice rack though and i guess that's what matters. From the blood stain it looks like he gut-shot the poor thing. Don't like that. Maybe spent hours dying.

Iconic rocker-turned-conservative pundit Ted Nugent took to Facebook to share his version of a perfect Thanksgiving: a photo of a massive buck he brought down with a bow and arrow.

His accompanying text, next to the photo of the multi-point antler kill: “OH LORDY LORDY GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH! Happy ThanXgiving every damn day in the mystical deer grounds of America ya all! The beast is dead long live the mighty beast!”

Curious. What's your problem with his kill? He's a thwackmaster. Never takes a shot till it's guaranteed thru the pumphouse.

You're claiming a lot here. Better back it up.

I better let you know I'm a bow hunter. So I took offense to the thread right from the get go. Ted inspired me to go beyond the gun. Just like to know where you get off on mocking his kill.

it is a nice deer

as for the shot placement

that looks to be the exit hole

which would be low if the shot happened from a tree stand

the orange frothy blood in the leaves by the nose

suggest a clean lung /heart shot

besides that "gut shots" dont bleed that much

and usually have some other matter with with it

A heart-shot deer can bleed a LOT...seen it. (Note to self: when a friend asks if you can help him carry a deer in your truck, the answer should probably be "no".) Took 2 weeks to get all the blood out of the bed.

I don't think you know what your talking about. That is IMHO no doubt an exit hole which would have put the placement of the entry just behind the crease of the opposite shoulder on a downward angle if from a tree and My guess from that exit is a slightly quartering to the shooter shot, not my favorite angle but if the conditions are right I will take it

As far as the size of the deer it's hard to tell in that pic I would guess 180-190 which is not small. Judging by the antler characteristics and the grey muzzle plus what appears to be a little pot belly I would put the deer around 5.5 years old which any hunter will classify as a shooter
Good on Uncle Ted I'm sure those back straps will serve up fine

Last edited:
It looks like a prize kill. Despite my rapidly fading sight I am still great with a bow.
I hunt more with my bow than I do with a rifle nowadays. I'm in the tree with my bow now
On my place I have a really big deer population it is rare that I go out with out seeing or having a rifle shot at several. To me it's more of a challenge with the bow and the satisfaction is higher

A heart-shot deer can bleed a LOT...seen it. (Note to self: when a friend asks if you can help him carry a deer in your truck, the answer should probably be "no".) Took 2 weeks to get all the blood out of the bed.

pretty much all the deer i have shot

with my bow have been heart lung shots

they pretty much bleed out in a minute or so

in the snow i have seen the spray from the wound

15-20 feet wide from where the deer was standing

I just cannot get into killing a deer that takes minutes to die.

I have no problem with bowhunters, but, I have found several dead deer with arrows in them.

I like the one shot rifle kill, or, prefer not to kill at all.

That is just me.

As for Ted Nugent, fuck him, he is an attention whore, and most likely shot that deer on a game ranch.

I have not problem with bowhunters, but, I have found several dead deer with arrows in them.

That is just me.

As for Ted Nugent, fuck him, he is an attention whore, and most likely shot that deer on a game ranch.
I think any hunter prefers a one shot quick kill or atleast All I have ever come across does.

Anyone that has spent any time hunting at all knows that a rifle is not a guaranteed one shot quick kill. I don't care what caliber your shooting or how good a shot you think you are. I have killed many deer probably averaged 5 a year for better than 30 years and I have seen "one shot" deer do some amazing things on nothing but adrenaline and the will to live

Not every shot is perfect.
The main thing I take away from this is he went out and made sure he found the animal,which can be a real bitch.... trust me I know.

Not every shot is perfect.
The main thing I take away from this is he went out and made sure he found the animal,which can be a real bitch.... trust me I know.
Very true, that's when a hound with a good nose comes in handy

Did they charge him extra sedating and putting it in a tiny cage before he murdered it, or did they give him a freebie being a celeb? ;)

u

I have not problem with bowhunters, but, I have found several dead deer with arrows in them.

That is just me.

I think any hunter prefers a one shot quick kill or atleast All I have ever come across does.

Anyone that has spent any time hunting at all knows that a rifle is not a guaranteed one shot quick kill. I don't care what caliber your shooting or how good a shot you think you are. I have killed many deer probably averaged 5 a year for better than 30 years and I have seen "one shot" deer do some amazing things on nothing but adrenaline and the will to live

I understand that.

I once shot one through the heart, and watched it run 1/2 mile and jump for fences before it keeled over.

There was lots of snow, and the blood trail was incredible.

I said I have no problem with bowhunters, it is just not for me.

I have done it, and the kill I made was an instantaneous spine shot after missing the damned deer the first time.

Next time I decided to bow hunt, the bow cracked, and I gave it up.

Good goin' Ted!!! That'll keep the family fed for quite some time. I've also heard that Nugent donates food to homeless shelters. Perhaps others will benefit from his hunting prowess!

Did they charge him extra sedating and putting it in a tiny cage before he murdered it, or did they give him a freebie being a celeb? ;)
I'm guessing
A. You are not familiar with Ted place in TX or MI
B. While high fence hunts are not my cup of tea I hold nothing against those that do. But it's obvious from your post you are clueless as to those preserves

As a side note it is obvious your not very knowledge of white tail deer. High fence preserves are often in excess of 1K acres not a small enclosure you may envision. While you may feel the animals are not able to come and go as the normally would it is not quite true. A whitetails home range is on average 350 acres and given ample water and food they will spend their life on that 3-400 acres. While some deeds home range expands in summer and depending on the doe population a buck may expand his home range during the rut, most stick close to their home range

I'm guessing
A. You are not familiar with Ted place in TX or MI
B. While high fence hunts are not my cup of tea I hold nothing against those that do. But it's obvious from your post you are clueless as to those preserves

As a side note it is obvious your not very knowledge of white tail deer. High fence preserves are often in excess of 1K acres not a small enclosure you may envision. While you may feel the animals are not able to come and go as the normally would it is not quite true. A whitetails home range is on average 350 acres and given ample water and food they will spend their life on that 3-400 acres. While some deeds home range expands in summer and depending on the doe population a buck may expand his home range during the rut, most stick close to their home range

Get some show of his here on one of the obscure cable channels with gun stuff. Have seen deer in the wild. Only difference is I've never felt the urge to murder a beautiful animal. Well, not the ones that go on four legs at any rate.

Good goin' Ted!!! That'll keep the family fed for quite some time. I've also heard that Nugent donates food to homeless shelters. Perhaps others will benefit from his hunting prowess!
Ted donates a large portion of his kills to the needy as do many hunters. I am lucky enough here to be able to take 8 deer a season do along with my son and wife we have ample opportunity to fill the freezer. Our family goal each year is to donate 3 deer to Hunters Harvest in our state that distributes the meat to needy families. We often donate more but never less than my goal of atleast 3

Forum List

Back