Cop Fires on Unarmed Man and His 6-Year-Old Daughter on Their Way to Get Asthma Medicine

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
Jacksonville, FL — Brian Dennison, 29, was rushing home to retrieve his 6-year-old daughter’s asthma medication Monday night when he was stopped by Jacksonville Sheriff’s deputy, J.C. Garcia.

Upon exiting his cruiser, Garcia immediately drew his sidearm and fired into the car of unarmed Dennison and his 6-year-old daughter.

According to the police report, Garcia spotted a green Ford Focus driven by Dennison speeding through a parking lot near West University Boulevard and St. Augustine Road. Garcia began following the car, and said it blew through a stop sign as it turned onto DuPont Station Road, nearly hitting another car and heading the wrong way toward St. Augustine Road.

At this point Garcia turned on his lights and pulled over the car as it turned into Plantation Apartments.

Read more at Cop Fires on Unarmed Man and His 6-Year-Old Daughter on Their Way to Get Asthma Medicine The Free Thought Project

Attachments

• 10403664_10152898214523189_6272802524948836409_n.jpg
    10403664_10152898214523189_6272802524948836409_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 89
Jacksonville, FL — Brian Dennison, 29, was rushing home to retrieve his 6-year-old daughter’s asthma medication Monday night when he was stopped by Jacksonville Sheriff’s deputy, J.C. Garcia.

Upon exiting his cruiser, Garcia immediately drew his sidearm and fired into the car of unarmed Dennison and his 6-year-old daughter.

According to the police report, Garcia spotted a green Ford Focus driven by Dennison speeding through a parking lot near West University Boulevard and St. Augustine Road. Garcia began following the car, and said it blew through a stop sign as it turned onto DuPont Station Road, nearly hitting another car and heading the wrong way toward St. Augustine Road.

At this point Garcia turned on his lights and pulled over the car as it turned into Plantation Apartments.

Read more at Cop Fires on Unarmed Man and His 6-Year-Old Daughter on Their Way to Get Asthma Medicine The Free Thought Project
I have had friends killed by assholes blowing through stop signs.

Too bad the guy didn't get killed, since the Brown riots have died down.

Would have given you another three months of bitching fodder.

• Banned
In the initial police report, however, no mention of the shooting was even made. First Coast News asked JSO why they failed to mention the fact that one of their officers fired at an unarmed man and his young daughter, to which JSO spokesperson Melissa Bujeda responded, “The shooting is a separate investigation.”

A second incident report, filed after the fact, noted that the officer fired his weapon but it gave no explanation.

Some pretty reckless driving going on for just asthma medicine. Needing medicine is not an excuse for speeding, blowing through a stop sign or almost hitting another car. Surely this man realized that a serious car accident would have caused a severe delay.

My guess, the guy started to pull out, or the cop thought he was, and the cop fired at the tires. When I was on council and involved with the police our instructions were to not try and shoot out tires, especially for traffic citations.

In my opinion there is ONE reason for an officer to use his gun, ok two, one to protect himself and one to protect others. Other then that, keep it in the holster.

Some pretty reckless driving going on for just asthma medicine. Needing medicine is not an excuse for speeding, blowing through a stop sign or almost hitting another car. Surely this man realized that a serious car accident would have caused a severe delay.
Misread it, he was retrieving the meds from home.

How old was the kid, and who was responsible for having the meds if the kid was not old enough?

Still no excuse for that kind of driving.

My guess, the guy started to pull out, or the cop thought he was, and the cop fired at the tires. When I was on council and involved with the police our instructions were to not try and shoot out tires, especially for traffic citations.

In my opinion there is ONE reason for an officer to use his gun, ok two, one to protect himself and one to protect others. Other then that, keep it in the holster.
Firing at tires is a good way to catch a ricochet between the eyes.

Misread it, he was retrieving the meds from home.

How old was the kid, and who was responsible for having the meds if the kid was not old enough?

Still no excuse for that kind of driving.

She was six years old.

Yes those are the only reason.
But when you have children in the kill zone you don't use your firearm unless it's the last and only choice to make.

Now the truth

Dennison was not shot, was on his way taking his daughter home at the time, did not listen to the officer, the officer thought he had a gun, fool got out if the car, was driving with a revoked license ...and if you listen you can hear him lie about holding his daughter and the now famous "hands up" bs.

Man shot at by police with daughter in car News - Home

While the guy was aparently driving reckless that is no call for LEO to shoot at the suspect once he is stopped. It is said the officer thought he had a gun and that was the reason for firing.

In one story I read the suspect claims to be holding his daughter when shot at and the officer says he was not. I would need to see more fact before placing blame however on the surface the officer appears to be in the wrong

Yes those are the only reason.
But when you have children in the kill zone you don't use your firearm unless it's the last and only choice to make.

Could be he didn't know about the children. Either way in this situation it does not appear to me to be the proper use of his firearm. But I was not there.

Firing at tires is a good way to catch a ricochet between the eyes.

quite true and apparently not what happened in this situation. Our police force was made up mostly of young part timers. We had one shoot at a car tires when a woman pulled away from a traffic stop. Of course he said that she tried to run him over, I said that wasn't a good reason. I think she did have kids in the car.

While the guy was aparently driving reckless that is no call for LEO to shoot at the suspect once he is stopped. It is said the officer thought he had a gun and that was the reason for firing.

In one story I read the suspect claims to be holding his daughter when shot at and the officer says he was not. I would need to see more fact before placing blame however on the surface the officer appears to be in the wrong

He could not have been too scared or is a bad cop. He fired, and missed.

I have had friends killed by assholes blowing through stop signs.

Too bad the guy didn't get killed, since the Brown riots have died down.

Would have given you another three months of bitching fodder.

white trash like you and your spawn don't have a bright future in America

I haven't read up on the story. But I know this forum so someone actually should before I do and find out there was no one shot, no child in a kill zone and probably a suspended license involved. It is only fair before I school everyone.

I haven't read up on the story. But I know this forum so someone actually should before I do and find out there was no one shot, no child in a kill zone and probably a suspended license involved. It is only fair before I school everyone.
I looked before I posted and there are not many sources out there right now with the story. Those that are all seem to be putting out the same story from the same source. That's why I decided it best to wait for all the facts before placing blame

Forum List

Back