He got off lite

I thought the left wanted 1/6 to be over, apparently they lied and just want revenge.

Eight months seems fair and it is a felony which will stick with him for the rest of his life.

I'd like to know what he was charged with. It sure wasn't sedition or insurrection and most have been charged with trespassing.

This is too light. I would think that he at least should get two years. Doing anything to attempt to bring down the United States government warrants more time to reflect on being a traitor.
They were charged with trespassing, nothing else. You might want to write to the President and ask why they aren't being charged with worse crimes, it is his call.

Thanks to America's system of white supremacy these guys are reaping the benefits of unearned goodies, giveaways and guarantees.
Blame it on Biden's DOJ, they are the ones prosecuting these cases. Biden again proving that the rich old white guy justice is still working.

I'd like to know what he was charged with. It sure wasn't sedition or insurrection and most have been charged with trespassing.
He was charged with a felony of obstructing official [government] proceedings
Under the June plea deal, Hodgkins agreed to plead guilty to the one count and pay $2,000 in restitution to the Treasury Department. In exchange, prosecutors agreed to drop less serious charges, including entering a restricted building and disorderly conduct. They also said they would ask for a reduced sentence for acceptance of responsibility and for saving the government from a costly trial.​
In earlier filings, Leduc described his client as an otherwise law-abiding American who, despite living in a poorer part of Tampa, regularly volunteered at a food bank. He noted that Hodgkins is an Eagle Scout.​
His actions on Jan. 6 “is the story of a man who for just one hour on one day lost his bearings ... who made a fateful decision to follow the crowd,” the attorney said.​
But Judge Moss said Monday he didn’t accept that there was no forethought by Hodgkins or that he had no ill intentions. He brought rope and protective goggles with him to Washington, the judge said, and that demonstrated he came “prepared to defend his position and engage in whatever needed to be done.”​
Video footage shows Hodgkins wearing a Trump 2020 T-shirt, the flag flung over his shoulder and eye goggles around his neck, inside the Senate. He took a selfie with a self-described shaman in a horned helmet and other rioters on the dais behind him.​
Separately on Monday, Enrique Tarrio, the leader of the Proud Boys who was arrested in Washington two days before the riot, pleaded guilty to burning a Black Lives Matter banner that was torn down from a historic Black church in December. He also pleaded guilty to attempted possession of a large-capacity ammunition feeding device after police found two high-capacity firearm magazines when he was arrested.​

Forum List

Back