He fled the war in Ukraine for Canada. Nearly a year later, he can't find a job — and he's not alone

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I've been explaining what happens in such systems as ours, we had Syrian refugees head back to their war torn country as well a few years ago.

The Security Industrial Complex is most prevalent in Ontario which is why we have 5x the debt of California with a fraction of the economic output. Hard working people need not apply and he's in the heart of the police state...T.O.

A Ukrainian man who fled the war with his family last spring says he has just weeks left before they'll run out of money to survive on Canadian soil.

Yuri Ivanenko, who speaks multiple languages and has decades of work experience, primarily as a sales or purchase manager, says he's applied to jobs at every level to no avail.

Living in a one-bedroom Toronto apartment with multiple generations of relatives, he estimates he has enough money left from a modest Ukrainian pension and selling his car back home to support his family for a couple more months.

"I want to stay here longer, at least till the end of the war," said Ivanenko. "But if I cannot do it because of no job, no financing … I will have no other option but to fly back."

Not only has Ivanenko applied for jobs similar to his past roles, he's also applied for entry-level sales jobs that pay minimum wage. He knows he's overqualified for them, but says he'd be happy to accept them anyway. He also has profiles on multiple online job sites.

It's a wonder all his property in Ukeland was not confiscated since he refused to fight ran off.
Unfortunstely no, this is just how police states operate. If he is lucky it is that he has somewhere else to return to eventually God willing.

Forum List

Back