'He doesn't put country first': Trump's former Defense Secretary trashes his patriotism in CNN interview

Some say that one of Trump's biggest faults is that he always put the Country first above petty politics. We know CNN doesn't and most likely Esper didn't either.

"Some say that one of Trump's biggest faults is that he always put the Country first above petty politics."

Well, poster 'whitehall' is likely correct. Some probably do say that.
But then, some say that John F. Kennedy Jr is alive and will run for his Dad's Senate seat on his way to the Presidency.

For some reason there is the suspicion that the very same 'some people' may behind both 'Trump's Country First', and "JFKJr for Prez".

IMHO

Hypocrite lefties were critical of the former president putting Country before politics so it's no surprise that they preach the opposite today. Persons critical of the current administration seem to die before they can tell their story and old Brandon hides out in his freaking basement in Delaware rather than ell us what the hell he stands for.

Persons critical of the current administration seem to die before they can tell their story
Ummm, what?
Tell us more.
Who died before telling "their story".
Was it a suspicious death per authorities?
How many people died?
Any suspect identified?
Are you....poster Whitehall.....suggesting their was foul play?
By whom?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"...and old Brandon hides out in his freaking basement in Delaware rather than ell us what the hell he stands for."
And yet.....and yet.....this alleged' hiding out' was still enough to get the incumbent office-holder fired.
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot!!!

What's up with that?*

*ps....answer prudently because, well because you are edging awfully close to QAnon conspiracy-nuttery.
Just so you know.

On CNN Monday, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a longtime member of the Trump administration, made clear he does not support his former boss and does not believe he should hold the presidency again.

A key reason, said Esper, is that he does not "put country first."

"You served during a tumultuous time in the Trump administration, you were fired in November, November 9th of 2020," said anchor Brianna Keilar. "As you're watching these January 6th hearings, what are you thinking?"

"Well, I wish I was able to see more of them, but like many Americans, I found myself stuck on airplanes or airports," said Esper. "Each hearing, as I read in the paper, the facts are startling. I've been saying, shocking but not surprising. It's an important service they were providing to recount what happened on January 6th and the days and weeks leading up to it. It's important for us to understand our history, and that there be accountability."

"You've said you won't vote for him again, you've urged others not to," said Keilar. "What's your biggest worry about what happens if President Trump is elected again?"

"Well, no, I won't support him," said Esper. "I've argued to my Republican colleagues that you can find the same type of conservative, traditional Republican policies but without — without all of the baggage, the coarseness and everything else because we need a Republican leader that cannot just unite the party but unite the country. My concern about Donald Trump trying to run for office again is he doesn't put country first and that's a problem for me, a major problem. I think he has to put country first, leaders need to lead and bring people together and he just doesn't have that capability."

Now here is a man that was in the Trump cabinet and he is telling you that Trump is trash.

Let's see how many Trump Humpers come and trash Esper, he is a member of the Deep State, he was always a never trumper, blah, blah, blah.
Hahahaha, that faggot that was fired by President Trump?

On CNN Monday, former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, a longtime member of the Trump administration, made clear he does not support his former boss and does not believe he should hold the presidency again.

A key reason, said Esper, is that he does not "put country first."

"You served during a tumultuous time in the Trump administration, you were fired in November, November 9th of 2020," said anchor Brianna Keilar. "As you're watching these January 6th hearings, what are you thinking?"

"Well, I wish I was able to see more of them, but like many Americans, I found myself stuck on airplanes or airports," said Esper. "Each hearing, as I read in the paper, the facts are startling. I've been saying, shocking but not surprising. It's an important service they were providing to recount what happened on January 6th and the days and weeks leading up to it. It's important for us to understand our history, and that there be accountability."

"You've said you won't vote for him again, you've urged others not to," said Keilar. "What's your biggest worry about what happens if President Trump is elected again?"

"Well, no, I won't support him," said Esper. "I've argued to my Republican colleagues that you can find the same type of conservative, traditional Republican policies but without — without all of the baggage, the coarseness and everything else because we need a Republican leader that cannot just unite the party but unite the country. My concern about Donald Trump trying to run for office again is he doesn't put country first and that's a problem for me, a major problem. I think he has to put country first, leaders need to lead and bring people together and he just doesn't have that capability."

Now here is a man that was in the Trump cabinet and he is telling you that Trump is trash.

Let's see how many Trump Humpers come and trash Esper, he is a member of the Deep State, he was always a never trumper, blah, blah, blah.
Nothing to see here. The guy was fired and now he's belly-aching so the opposition is patting him on the back and using him as a sad-eyed puppy dog.

The "country first" ploy is as old as, "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming!"
This CNN pseudo-report is great for the feeble-minded to rally around the flagpole, roast marshmallows on a stick and tell boy scout stories. :meow:

Forum List

Back