Hawaii Republican State Senate Candidate Supports Execution Of Gays

NATO AIR said:
whoa, this is what i'm talking about with homophobes... this guy is nuts and should be trounced in the polls, but sadly he will probably win with this kind of rhetoric

i voted bush and support a good number of republican legislative efforts as of late, but this is why i can't pledge allegiance to the republican party. bush is great, but some of the people who support him scare the HELL out of me (the dems got their wackos too but i take exception to idiots like this who preach murder and hate)

http://scottmaui.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/25/5445/1320

I saw the video too, he was railroaded into a "yes" or a "no" answer by the host. First, the host asks him the question, then he tried to qualify the answer, the host interrupts "we only have 15 seconds left....a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer"...he again tries to qualify himself.....the host once again interrupts pressing for an answer....he then answers "well....I suppose if it were the law of the land....", the host answers for him "well, there you have it....yes!"

The guy was backed into a corner, asked to answer a question in 15 seconds. Considering the complexity of the issue, that wasn't fair to him. It sounds like a set up to me.

This might be an example of what I've posted previously. The gay activists seem to really go out of their way to harange, harrass and slander those that do not agree with them politically. And they are very organized politically, so anyone that dares to cross them gets the full brunt of their wrath. That seems like intimidation to me. Sorry, but the ends don't justify the means here.

ladies and gentlemen, wow, welcome to politics (i myself can also no longer view the video)

do you think pres. bush gets "fair" interviews in europe? i've watched every european interview he's done i could get my hands on (an irish network, a german network, a polish newspaper, countless brit and italian media, etc etc) and they frigging ambush him with everything they got, can think of or possibly try on the spot. they've backed him into more yes or no corners than you can imagine, and every time the president has escaped. you know how? sometimes he gets angry, sometimes he zings em with a one-liner, sometimes he ignores, sometimes he spins their trap question into something good about himself, america or his policies. now i'm not voting pres. bush the greatest politician alive, but he has what good, successful politicans have... intelligence, wit and a survival mechanism that kicks in whenever they're threatened.

if this guy from hawaii couldn't handle a simple, (now routine sadly) journalist set-up, then boo-hoo for him and him ever being a good politician. you have to learn how to handle these things, otherwise you turn into a living, barely breathing, embarassment of what you used to be (alan keyes anyone?).

forgive for my lack of sensitivity for this guy who can't handle the political arena... the hawaii GOP needs to find someone who knows what the hell he or she is doing.

the left wing media is gunning for GOP candidates. the right wing media is gunning for Demo candidates. Everybody better get used to it, its sadly the norm now.

Forum List

Back