An Ingenious Effort To Boost Nader/Libertarians And Defeat Bush At The Same Time

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
its called vote-pairing and if the election is close, it could have an impact in swing states.

i hope this doesn't swing the election to kerry if it is as close as some say it will be. (i did this with my friend who lives in NC, he wants mel martinez to lose in florida (he can't stand martinez) and i want erskine bowles to lose in NC, so i voted against martinez in FL and he voted against bowles, in exchange i voted democrat ticket below bush and he voted all republican in NC) its fairly innovative and it nearly won gore the presidency in 2000. will it work in 2004?

http://www.slate.com/id/2108641/

NATO AIR said:
its called vote-pairing and if the election is close, it could have an impact in swing states.

i hope this doesn't swing the election to kerry if it is as close as some say it will be. (i did this with my friend who lives in NC, he wants mel martinez to lose in florida (he can't stand martinez) and i want erskine bowles to lose in NC, so i voted against martinez in FL and he voted against bowles, in exchange i voted democrat ticket below bush and he voted all republican in NC) its fairly innovative and it nearly won gore the presidency in 2000. will it work in 2004?

http://www.slate.com/id/2108641/

You would have to really trust the person to cast their vote in that way. The easiest way to do it would be to have an absentee ballot and have the other person fill it out. However you can always claim it came damaged and get a new one. There is no gaurantee that people will vote the way that they have agreed with you to vote and therefore I would not be able to do this.

It's not that I don't trust anybody... Oh wait! Yes it is! :smoke:

I dont think this will really effect the election. Quite frankly i think anyone who is saying they are willing to sell you their vote for yours is up to something and shouldnt be trusted. i mean how many of these Nader people would get like 10+ Kerry people to switch for Nader on the promise that he/she would vote for Kerry in the swing state. Whats going to stop them from just voting for Nader anyway?

Besides which, there are some diehards who would never vote for Kerry because they wouldnt trust the Kerry supporters or feel right voting against their conscience. those that are willing to do this will probably be so miniscule it wouldnt make much difference.

Forum List

Back