Having the (S)aints for breakfast.

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
No white wine and bire for our tailgate, the Jambalaya is now cooked and will be served by 9:00 this morning as we wait and party before the Niners put away the shrimps and chickens from NOLA at 1:30 PM.

Bloody Mary's is the morning adult beverage but as game time approaches it will become time for a cold Anchor Steam Beer, Tri-Tip on the grill sided with diced potatos with green chiles and onions. Weather in the upper 60's, light winds and we're ready for some football.

Predicitions for the Weekend:

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

Giants 38, Packers 35 (OT);

:clap2:

• Banned
No white wine and brie for our tailgate, the Jambalaya is now cooked and will be served by 9:00 this morning as we wait and party before the Niners put away the shrimps and chickens from NOLA at 1:30 PM.

Bloody Mary's is the morning adult beverage but as game time approaches it will become time for a cold Anchor Steam Beer, Tri-Tip on the grill sided with diced potatos with green chiles and onions. Weather in the upper 60's, light winds and we're ready for some football.

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

So far, I'm 3 for 3; go giants. BTW, yesterday I said weather in the upper 60's and light winds. In fact the weather was clear, sunny and no chance for a brees.

Last edited:
No white wine and brie for our tailgate, the Jambalaya is now cooked and will be served by 9:00 this morning as we wait and party before the Niners put away the shrimps and chickens from NOLA at 1:30 PM.

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

So far, I'm 3 for 3; go giants. BTW, yesterday I said weather in the upper 60's and light winds. In fact the weather was clear, sunny and no chance for a brees.

Hard to be humble?

BTW, what's your solution for campaign finance reform? Maybe start a thread on it in Politics?

• Banned

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

Hard to be humble?

BTW, what's your solution for campaign finance reform? Maybe start a thread on it in Politics?

Humble? Yesterday as the Niners broke the huddle I said to my son and our friends, "it's time for a naked rollout by Alex"; seconds latter TD niners (it pays to be lucky - if I could do any of this all the time I'd bet on sport. I know I can't, so I don't).

As for your second question, I'd start by loudly and often whining about CU v FEC and how it pollutes the democratic process. Anyone watching how Super PAC's are influencing voters during the Iowa and New Hampshire (& now S. Carolina) nomination 'elections' ought to be concerned.

Hard to be humble?

Humble? Yesterday as the Niners broke the huddle I said to my son and our friends, "it's time for a naked rollout by Alex"; seconds latter TD niners (it pays to be lucky - if I could do any of this all the time I'd bet on sport. I know I can't, so I don't).

As for your second question, I'd start by loudly and often whining about CU v FEC and how it pollutes the democratic process. Anyone watching how Super PAC's are influencing voters during the Iowa and New Hampshire (& now S. Carolina) nomination 'elections' ought to be concerned.

We should carry this over to the Politics forum if you want to continue it, but why should unions get to spend hundreds of millions in campaign donations and political ads if the corps can't? I ain't real crazy about the Super PACs either, but let's not tilt the playing field one way or the other. Far as I can tell, the amount of money spent in 2010 was relatively even, as it probably should be.

BTW, the Giants are up 10 last I looked.

• Banned
Hard to be humble?

We should carry this over to the Politics forum if you want to continue it, but why should unions get to spend hundreds of millions in campaign donations and political ads if the corps can't? I ain't real crazy about the Super PACs either, but let's not tilt the playing field one way or the other. Far as I can tell, the amount of money spent in 2010 was relatively even, as it probably should be.

CU v. FEC allows anyone, Unions, Corps, Hugo Chavez, Ahmadinejad, the Mormon Church, Isreal, ANYONE or any organization to put in an ulimited amount of money anonomously into a Super PAC.

btw, Giants 37, Pack 20 with 2:36 to go.

CU v. FEC allows anyone, Unions, Corps, Hugo Chavez, Ahmadinejad, the Mormon Church, Isreal, ANYONE or any organization to put in an ulimited amount of money anonomously into a Super PAC.

btw, Giants 37, Pack 20 with 2:36 to go.

Yeah, 4 for 4 is pretty good, looks like the Giants are peaking at the right time.

• Banned
A Jambalaya man huh?

:thup:

Yep. At our tailgate one of my friends sons and his wife were there from NOLA. Though they added pepper sauce to what I made, they liked it. Losts of shrimp, andouille and chicken, red and yellow bell peppers, white onion, cellery, tomato and rice. A full meal.

btw, I'm 4 for 4.

No white wine and bire for our tailgate, the Jambalaya is now cooked and will be served by 9:00 this morning as we wait and party before the Niners put away the shrimps and chickens from NOLA at 1:30 PM.

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

Your fucking spooky.

Oh and that niners, Saints game was fucking great!

A Jambalaya man huh?

Yep. At our tailgate one of my friends sons and his wife were there from NOLA. Though they added pepper sauce to what I made, they liked it. Losts of shrimp, andouille and chicken, red and yellow bell peppers, white onion, cellery, tomato and rice. A full meal.

btw, I'm 4 for 4.

will PM you my home address. How close are you to a post office? :)

A Jambalaya man huh?

btw, I'm 4 for 4.

Nice! It was a great day out there for a jambalaya tail gate party! And, im glad you had a good time. Did you ever get to PJ's TWT for madi gras? YUMMY

:thup: on the 4 for 4!!

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

Your fucking spooky.

Oh and that niners, Saints game was fucking great!

I have not, and my wife is now demanding to know who the hell is spooky.

Yea, the game was the most entertaining ever, in my experience. No one left, and given traffic conditions post Niner games, there are always people leaving by the middle of the 4th Qtr. Not yesterday. In fact we had to leave as a friend needed to catch a flight at SFO, of course we stayed to the end, but, as we got to our car at the far end of the parking lot we could still hear cheers coming from inside the Stick.

A Jambalaya man huh?

btw, I'm 4 for 4.

Nice! It was a great day out there for a jambalaya tail gate party! And, im glad you had a good time. Did you ever get to PJ's TWT for madi gras? YUMMY

Never been to NOLA, we planned to go there this fall but got a better deal to go to New England. I'm sure we'll get there, I have inlaws who live in Houston and Tampa Bay, so we've been on either side of NOLA and all over the US but for New England and the deep south LA, Mississippi & Alabama.

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

shit.........Wry Catcher FTW!!!

Niners 27, (S)aints 24;

Pats 38, Broncos 16;

Ravens 17, Texans 14;

Hard to be humble?

Sour grapes?

As a Saints fan, congrats to the Niners. You outplayed us. I'll be pulling for y'all next week.

btw, I'm 4 for 4.

Never been to NOLA, we planned to go there this fall but got a better deal to go to New England. I'm sure we'll get there, I have inlaws who live in Houston and Tampa Bay, so we've been on either side of NOLA and all over the US but for New England and the deep south LA, Mississippi & Alabama.

LOL...no PJ's restaurant here did Cajun nights TWT before they closed. Ive been a few times to NO now...and truthfully i was not impressed. I just order in live crawfish when the season is good... the fedEX guy loves me! :)

Hard to be humble?

Sour grapes?

As a Saints fan, congrats to the Niners. You outplayed us. I'll be pulling for y'all next week.

Nah, I thought the Saints would win this game but que sera. Congrats to the 49ers, should be an interesting game against the Giants.

Hard to be humble?

Sour grapes?

Thanks. We had a couple, Saint's Fans, at our tailgate. Most Niner fans treated them with good natured teasing, a few were out and out jerks. The good news is one such jerk after dropping a few F bombs their way got hooked up by SFPD and spent the night in jail (we hopefully assume). In any event he went away and never came back.

As I said, the game was the most exciting game I've ever watched or participated in, and I have followed the Niners since I was Ten.

Forum List

Back