Have you had this experience in dealing with the left?

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
I've had this experience around 2000. I supported the invasion of Iraq but I defended those who opposed it. I just kind of thought it was healthy for people to disagree with going to war with another country. One of my 'conservative' coworkers who was a soldier during the korean war thought that people shouldn't disagree with their government when it goes to war but I explained that disagreement might be good for good decision making within a democracy. One of my 'liberal' coworkers, of course, jumped on that and seem to be on my side until I mentioned I liked watching the Rush Limbaugh show. It was at that point I became his enemy all because I said I liked watching his show.

I don't know if any other liberal or independent might have had any similar experiences dealing with the left? The minute you disagree with the left on anything you immediately get labeled as a conservative.

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.

I've had this experience around 2000. I supported the invasion of Iraq but I defended those who opposed it. I just kind of thought it was healthy for people to disagree with going to war with another country. One of my 'conservative' coworkers who was a soldier during the korean war thought that people shouldn't disagree with their government when it goes to war but I explained that disagreement might be good for good decision making within a democracy. One of my 'liberal' coworkers, of course, jumped on that and seem to be on my side until I mentioned I liked watching the Rush Limbaugh show. It was at that point I became his enemy all because I said I liked watching his show.

I don't know if any other liberal or independent might have had any similar experiences dealing with the left? The minute you disagree with the left on anything you immediately get labeled as a conservative.

Fascinating. The Limbaugh tv show was off the air by 1996, and the Iraq war didn't start until 2003.

I call BS, Rush isn't on TV to watch.

Please follow the link in my signature line, Regurgitating the Apple, it will explain liberals to you quite well.

Nope, never had that but I keep my politics mostly to myself. My clients think I'm a conservative, since nearly everyone here is and I have the same work ethic, even better in most cases.

And most liberals are hardly going to pat you on the back for listening to a program that people who like it are perfectly willing to call themselves Dittoheads. Liberals think for themselves, it's part of being a liberal.

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

• Banned

Please follow the link in my signature line, Regurgitating the Apple, it will explain liberals to you quite well.

Have you ever told someone you like watching friends even though it is not on the air anymore?

• Banned

In that case, everyone who happens to have an opinion that isn't the same as anyone else's thinks on their own.

We have this experience with the right all the time: conservatives lying.

Have you ever told someone you like watching friends even though it is not on the air anymore?

Friends is still on the air, it is playing all the time. Rush hasn't been on the TV for years. I don't think I ever said to someone I watched Rush on the radio.

Um, no.

Far leftists are extremists. If you aren't ecstatically screaming their views on a podium through a loud speaker, beware of back stabbing.

No one believes you because you're a liar.

Far leftists are extremists. If you aren't ecstatically screaming their views on a podium through a loud speaker, beware of back stabbing.

It kind of reminds me of rabbit patriotism. If you are not super patriotic all the time then you are no longer a patriot. If you are not a super believer in the democratic party then your allegiance to the democratic party seriously questioned.

I never said that was or wasn't the case. I just asked if liberals have ever had that experience where if you disagreed with anything with them you are no longer a part of their club?

I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see the same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites over and over and over again.

Last edited:

Liberals think for themselves? I guess that's why when one of their own uses certain phrases, it doesn't take long for the butt lickers on here to start repeating those Liberal phrases.

Megadittoes Con!!!

I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see that same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites.

One thread wanted to put down Trump supporters as being 'less educated' by literally cutting and pasting someone else's writing on it.

I haven't seen any evidenced of that in this forum. I see that same old talking points regurgitated from left wing propaganda hate sites.

The above from a guy who takes seriously the dissolution of all government and a return to the jungle.

The above from a guy who takes seriously the dissolution of all government and a return to the jungle.
His answer as a "man" is the same as his answer as a toddler, NO, I don't wanna. Just a selfish infant, on a good day.

Forum List

Back