Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Other...

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Never have, but I don't care if other people do

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Drugs are for losers, you loser.

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
Valium isn't a painkiller, it's a benzo.

Basically a tranq. I took a couple too many one night at a party and somehow managed to fall UPSTAIRS as I literally passed out to sleep in an instant like a narcoleptic. :lol:

I had two discs in my spine replaced. They took bone from my hip to create new ones and fused the joints. The pain meds they gave when the vicodin wasn't working was valium. I worked like a charm. I had been on it periodically prior to the surgery when the pain was unbearable as well.

Well it was an anomaly then, because Valium has no medical indication for pain relief. It's for treating anti-anxiety and drug and alcohol withdrawals.

I'm not sure why any doctor would prescribe it for pain.
It worked wonders. I know it controlls muscle spasms too. It was one of the few meds that worked for me with chronic pain.

Man, I feel old...

Black Beauties?

Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

is that what they were? damn... no wonder i was up that long. lol..

one-time experiment that did NOT go well.
Any drug that keeps you up for multiple days is something that should be avoided.

I crashed when some friends and I went to see a movie, once. I didn't remember anything until the next day. Apparently, they thought it would be funny to leave me there. The cleaning guy woke me up and I guess I walked out, but like I said, I don't remember any of it. :lol:

I kind of liked Ritalin. It was more like a coke high than a meth high. More mellow, not so wired off your ass.

What do you take?

Took Ritalin for a couple years, never did much for me. Doc prescribed it to help keep me awake and alert. Wasn't much effect at all. With the depression I was pretty much out of it most of the time. Then he prescribed Provigil which did not do so much of keeping me up but definitely helped focus me and control my thoughts. Now a days I do not have a sleeping problem other then some days I can not sleep.

With your views on drugs I'm surprised you're participating nicely instead of being Buzz Killington.

Drugs are only bad for those who LET them be bad. There's plenty of us who are fine contributing members of society that have done drugs.

Until I found the right mix that actually worked I would usually quit taking what ever pills were prescribed after a few months and the doctor would get all hyper and I would start again. That went on from 1996 until 2004. Finally in 2004 Doctor had me on Geodon, celexia and provigil , those three worked wonders and I generally don't quit taking Geodon or celexia. Tricare won't pay for the Provigil anymore unless I have a diagnosed sleeping disorder, which I do but I quit using my sleep aid so they quit paying for provigil.

Geodon is an anti psychotic, celexia is an anti depressent and provigil helps focus you. None give you a high at all. Geodon helps with anti depression as well. It actually turned off a voice in my head that I always just assumed was me talking to myself. I am maxed on celexia and Geodon. And my life is a lot different, still depressed but my suicidal thoughts are well under control most of the time. Before these meds I had days I could not get out of bed cause if I moved I would have killed myself.

I don't like taking medications. It is hard to accept that with out them I can not function even though I know it is true.

Speaking of drugs...........

I'm watching the news, they just showed Lindsey Lohan.

She's 24 but looks like an old hag.

Nasty! :eek:

Keep doing the hard stuff and you'll end up looking 30-40 years older than you really are!

That whole group, Paris, Lohan, Spears are wastes of life. Her ass should be in general lock up like anyone else would be who pulled the shit she does.

Valium isn't a painkiller, it's a benzo.

Basically a tranq. I took a couple too many one night at a party and somehow managed to fall UPSTAIRS as I literally passed out to sleep in an instant like a narcoleptic. :lol:

I had two discs in my spine replaced. They took bone from my hip to create new ones and fused the joints. The pain meds they gave when the vicodin wasn't working was valium. I worked like a charm. I had been on it periodically prior to the surgery when the pain was unbearable as well.

Well it was an anomaly then, because Valium has no medical indication for pain relief. It's for treating anti-anxiety and drug and alcohol withdrawals.

valium used to be prescribed for muscle spasms before the development of muscle relaxers like flexaril. it worked pretty well for bakc spasms.

valium used to be prescribed for muscle spasms before the development of muscle relaxers like flexaril. it worked pretty well for bakc spasms.

Ok I can see that approach.

Ok I can see that approach.
Sure, Believe him and not me :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I kind of liked Ritalin. It was more like a coke high than a meth high. More mellow, not so wired off your ass.

What do you take?

Took Ritalin for a couple years, never did much for me. Doc prescribed it to help keep me awake and alert. Wasn't much effect at all. With the depression I was pretty much out of it most of the time. Then he prescribed Provigil which did not do so much of keeping me up but definitely helped focus me and control my thoughts. Now a days I do not have a sleeping problem other then some days I can not sleep.

With your views on drugs I'm surprised you're participating nicely instead of being Buzz Killington.

Drugs are only bad for those who LET them be bad. There's plenty of us who are fine contributing members of society that have done drugs.

Yeah. I agree with the decriminalization of most, and straight up legal for weed.

Cool Story Bro time:

I actually went to jail (not prison!) for weed one time. Funny thing was, it wasn't mine and I hadn't touched the stuff for a decade when it happened.

I was visiting relatives in the PacNW, went to the store...or maybe it was dinner or something, with a cousin. I was driving. Got caught in one of those BS revenue speed traps and get pulled over. Doing the whole license and registration thing, and the officer asks if I would mind if they brought a K9 unit to the scene to look for drugs. Being the idiot that I am, I said sure, no problem. Officer goes back to his vehicle to radio for a K9 unit, and my cousin then tells me that she's carrying. D'OH!! Definitely an "oh SHIT" moment.

Well, my cousin is a single mother, etc. And it wasn't much weed. Definitely would not run afoul of any distribution laws. And she's freaking out about whats going to happen, she can't afford jail or a fine, and she's worried about what might happen to her son, DFAC's etc.

So I take the weed from her and put it in my pocket. Of course the K9 unit comes and the dog just sits down right next to me like they're trained to do, and won't move and puts his nose right to my pocket. Obviously busted. Cop asks me to empty pockets and awaaaaaaay we go. Luckily it was my car, and I was able to convince the officer that she had nothing to do with it.

Long story short, thank God it was in a state with relatively lax marijuana laws. 24 hours in jail and a coupla-three hundred dollar fine and that was it.

Now, whenever I visit I make sure to ask her BEFORE we get in the car if she's carrying or anything. The first time was pretty much a slap on the wrist. Can't imagine what repeat would be.

Yeah, yeah, I know:

cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

Until I found the right mix that actually worked I would usually quit taking what ever pills were prescribed after a few months and the doctor would get all hyper and I would start again. That went on from 1996 until 2004. Finally in 2004 Doctor had me on Geodon, celexia and provigil , those three worked wonders and I generally don't quit taking Geodon or celexia. Tricare won't pay for the Provigil anymore unless I have a diagnosed sleeping disorder, which I do but I quit using my sleep aid so they quit paying for provigil.

Geodon is an anti psychotic, celexia is an anti depressent and provigil helps focus you. None give you a high at all. Geodon helps with anti depression as well. It actually turned off a voice in my head that I always just assumed was me talking to myself. I am maxed on celexia and Geodon. And my life is a lot different, still depressed but my suicidal thoughts are well under control most of the time. Before these meds I had days I could not get out of bed cause if I moved I would have killed myself.

I don't like taking medications. It is hard to accept that with out them I can not function even though I know it is true.

I know you'd never agree, but I'm a firm believer that a lot of that is just in your head.

I don't believe in all these psycho-meds.

They've got almost this entire country walking around in a fucking virtual trance.

If it keeps a person from flipping out and grabbing knives, that's one thing. But people are popping these serious medications because they're just a little "sad".

Sadness and happiness is more just a state of mind than anything else. I've gotten myself out of depression, at times REALLY BAD, by just forcing myself to think positive as much as I possibly could.

To this day I've never taken a single psych med to deal with MANY instances of depression through my life. And I've had some bad times...lost my father, lost a bunch of friends, and others which I won't go into.

Yeah. I agree with the decriminalization of most, and straight up legal for weed.

Cool Story Bro time:

I actually went to jail (not prison!) for weed one time. Funny thing was, it wasn't mine and I hadn't touched the stuff for a decade when it happened.

I was visiting relatives in the PacNW, went to the store...or maybe it was dinner or something, with a cousin. I was driving. Got caught in one of those BS revenue speed traps and get pulled over. Doing the whole license and registration thing, and the officer asks if I would mind if they brought a K9 unit to the scene to look for drugs. Being the idiot that I am, I said sure, no problem. Officer goes back to his vehicle to radio for a K9 unit, and my cousin then tells me that she's carrying. D'OH!! Definitely an "oh SHIT" moment.

Well, my cousin is a single mother, etc. And it wasn't much weed. Definitely would not run afoul of any distribution laws. And she's freaking out about whats going to happen, she can't afford jail or a fine, and she's worried about what might happen to her son, DFAC's etc.

So I take the weed from her and put it in my pocket. Of course the K9 unit comes and the dog just sits down right next to me like they're trained to do, and won't move and puts his nose right to my pocket. Obviously busted. Cop asks me to empty pockets and awaaaaaaay we go. Luckily it was my car, and I was able to convince the officer that she had nothing to do with it.

Long story short, thank God it was in a state with relatively lax marijuana laws. 24 hours in jail and a coupla-three hundred dollar fine and that was it.

Now, whenever I visit I make sure to ask her BEFORE we get in the car if she's carrying or anything. The first time was pretty much a slap on the wrist. Can't imagine what repeat would be.

Yeah, yeah, I know:

cheech-chong1.jpg

Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.

Any drug that keeps you up for multiple days is something that should be avoided.

I crashed when some friends and I went to see a movie, once. I didn't remember anything until the next day. Apparently, they thought it would be funny to leave me there. The cleaning guy woke me up and I guess I walked out, but like I said, I don't remember any of it. :lol:

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can for days without sleep, without drugs, and be as perky as ever! I don't do well with anything that is a stimulant. I thought an espresso was going to kill me.

Never have. Prescribed Prescription drugs I assume don't count as previously mentioned with the spirit of this thread.

Cool Story Bro time:

Yeah, yeah, I know:

I have your weed bust story beat BADLY. :lol:

I don't really wanna open that can right now though. I'll hit this thread tomorrow, I need to hit the sack.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I can for days without sleep, without drugs, and be as perky as ever! I don't do well with anything that is a stimulant. I thought an espresso was going to kill me.
Sometimes even a soda will give me the shakes.

Cool Story Bro time:

Yeah, yeah, I know:

cheech-chong1.jpg

Well, she is a little prettier than Cheech. At least less facial hair anyway.

Forum List

Back