Have to speak candidly, I was assaulted by my wife and she was arrested. Advice please, even to those who disagree with me.

Someone sell it to me. Sell me on the idea, of what as a man, benefits said man by getting "legally" married in the West. What benefits, and sureties does said "legal" marriage provide to the man, that cannot otherwise be achieved..? Don't worry... Ill wait...

I hope to God you're not married. Honestly, your poor wife, with a husband who thinks of marriage like this. You're not married....right?

Right. So logically, you are saying all Western women should remain unmarried. And what? Have all children out of wedlock?
I've offered no advice as to what Western women should do. Nor am I so inclined. I'm speaking specifically of men.

I've offered no advice as to what Western women should do. Nor am I so inclined. I'm speaking specifically of men.

You are saying there "no reason" for men to marry Western women. So what, all American men should import brides from where--war-torn Ukraine? Asia?

You are saying there "no reason" for men to marry Western women. So what, all American men should import brides from where--war-torn Ukraine? Asia?
Those are two possibilities. Or actually go there. Not sure the import idea is really going to mitigate the predatory nature of divorce/family courts. Again. Sell it to me. Keep in mind "Marriage" is a three way legal contract. We know what the State gets. We know what the woman gets. What does the man get? Who signs a contract that confers no benefit to one's self? Only a fool.

Those are two possibilities. Or actually go there. Not sure the import idea is really going to mitigate the predatory nature of divorce/family courts. Again. Sell it to me. Keep in mind "Marriage" is a three way legal contract. We know what the State gets. We know what the woman gets. What does the man get? Who signs a contract that confers no benefit to one's self? Only a fool.

Better health and a longer life.

I'm sorry for your loss. I have no idea what you mean by "your wish". I was saying your poor wife, with your views on marriage.
Not merely views. But countless first hand observations of friends, family co-workers, and neighbors as it pertains to what men are subjected to in the divorce/family court system.

And I'm tempted to revisit your question of "should men just stop getting married in the West?" With a yes! Hold the line till women start getting so pissed that no one will marry them, that women demand changes to the family/divorce courts. But that is never going to happen in reality. A divorce is all win for a woman. For a man it can, and often is, absolutely devastating with lifelong financial consequences.

So "why" should any man marry in the West?

Lol! Your gonna have to do better than that.

And by the way, I accept that in decades past women got all the advantages in divorce. I don't see that anymore. Almost all of our kids from divorced homes now have completely shared custody...which by the way, is bad for them. But I guess, good for the parents (in their opinion).

You don't like my answer, sorry. It's an answer backed by study after study.
Still not buying. A gym membership, and good diet fullfill the same outcome. Did you read any studies on the life quality, and longevity of divorced men?

Still not buying. A gym membership, and good diet fullfill the same outcome. Did you read any studies on the life quality, and longevity of divorced men?
Here's one:

Studies: Life Expectancy Impacted by Divorce​

Daniel Pearce
  • Due to the health risks of divorce, life expectancy is impacted.
  • Children of divorce also face risks in future marriages and face the prospect of unhealthy future behaviors.
  • While life expectancy is not an exact science, there are subconscious cues that can be factored into the guess.
Life-expectancy-e1498670357769-500x250-1510949532.jpeg

"There are countless other factors that go into life expectancy besides divorce, and even if divorce plays a factor in the longevity of one’s life, understanding the behaviors that result from the stresses of divorce and how to avoid them can better equip those facing the challenges."
When examining divorce, marriage, and how it has impacted society in all stages of our lives, examining the longevity of life itself and how it was impacted by divorce can help us understand the long term effects of ending a dysfunctional or unhappy relationship.
Divorce and marriage are often looked at from an economic perspective. For those that get married, they find themselves moving up an income bracket and becoming more financially solvent as a household. For those getting divorced, they are seen as cutting their income in half, forcing both parties to downgrade their standard of living and budget their way toward a financial recovery.
No matter if that type of recovery takes years or decades, the time that passes adds up, giving those that examine that type of information the data they need to compile the results on their studies.
For others examining divorce-related data, the time that passes after a divorce is exactly what is being looked at. Many find themselves more or less susceptible to specific health risks after a divorce, and gender seems to be a primary factor, causing life expectancy to fluctuate.

Health risks

Many of these health risks, like cardiovascular disease, are affected by more women than men. According to a study at the University of Texas, by the age of 60, 33 percent of divorced women are predicted to have cardiovascular disease, in comparison to 21.5 percent of continuously married women.
For men, 37.5 of those divorced were predicted to be affected by cardiovascular disease, in comparison to 31.7 percent of married men. However, for other conditions, men may find themselves to be more at risk.
However, men face higher risks in many other health areas following a divorce, which can increase their rate of early mortality by up to 250 percent, according to the Journal of Men’s Health. They also face increased rates of hypertension, depression, suicide, substance abuse, and cancer.

Here's one:

Studies: Life Expectancy Impacted by Divorce​

Daniel Pearce
  • Due to the health risks of divorce, life expectancy is impacted.
  • Children of divorce also face risks in future marriages and face the prospect of unhealthy future behaviors.
  • While life expectancy is not an exact science, there are subconscious cues that can be factored into the guess.
Life-expectancy-e1498670357769-500x250-1510949532.jpeg

When examining divorce, marriage, and how it has impacted society in all stages of our lives, examining the longevity of life itself and how it was impacted by divorce can help us understand the long term effects of ending a dysfunctional or unhappy relationship.
Divorce and marriage are often looked at from an economic perspective. For those that get married, they find themselves moving up an income bracket and becoming more financially solvent as a household. For those getting divorced, they are seen as cutting their income in half, forcing both parties to downgrade their standard of living and budget their way toward a financial recovery.
No matter if that type of recovery takes years or decades, the time that passes adds up, giving those that examine that type of information the data they need to compile the results on their studies.
For others examining divorce-related data, the time that passes after a divorce is exactly what is being looked at. Many find themselves more or less susceptible to specific health risks after a divorce, and gender seems to be a primary factor, causing life expectancy to fluctuate.

Health risks

Many of these health risks, like cardiovascular disease, are affected by more women than men. According to a study at the University of Texas, by the age of 60, 33 percent of divorced women are predicted to have cardiovascular disease, in comparison to 21.5 percent of continuously married women.
For men, 37.5 of those divorced were predicted to be affected by cardiovascular disease, in comparison to 31.7 percent of married men. However, for other conditions, men may find themselves to be more at risk.
However, men face higher risks in many other health areas following a divorce, which can increase their rate of early mortality by up to 250 percent, according to the Journal of Men’s Health. They also face increased rates of hypertension, depression, suicide, substance abuse, and cancer.
I'm aware. I'm not the one who needs to read up on the topic. Young men are. And you if you're curious. But... We're far afield from ShockedCanadians dilemma...

If my marriage fails I cannot imagine ever remarrying. The loyalty one must adhere to is unreasonable when one is abusive and/or dishonest. Maybe if I meet a devout Christian, but even this might not move me.

So I find out that three weeks later my wife still has a sling on her arm. From a push while trying to get her away after she assaulted me! Also, a company hired me for work, sent me an acceptance greeting, then the police check came back, I have no record, but suddenly they 're "updating the welcome package .pdf", this has gone on for longer than a week. Does a police check include "pennding charges"? I am depressed and angry at the same time. The apparatuses in this country have been dishonest and have kept us decades behind the rest of the West.

Last edited:
As I have said, the Law in Modern Western World is extremely discriminatory toward men.

Six decades or more ago, Society openly accepted overt Racism, thus Society was always unjust.

Forum List

Back