Have Liberals lost their "ever loving" minds?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
That's the explanation I got when I asked
why do prochoice advocates CAMPAIGN AGAINST the slightest regulation by government
on the choice of abortion, and demand to keep government OUT of private health decisions,
but the same prochoice activists believe in Singlepayer health care through government,
and denounce when OPPONENTS to ACA want "freedom of choice" in health care without imposing government fines and regulations?

He said it's because liberal Democrats have "lost their ever loving minds."

"They demand that federal government stay out of women's wombs,
but want to hand over "every cell of their body" to government programs."

I asked some prochoice friends.

Some admit they oppose ACA, but of those people, nobody but me is willing to push for reforms, and some are afraid of aligning with conservative opponents on a common goal of restoring free choice; they seem to have a bias against working with conservatives, but are content to let "those people" fight against this issue for them, and aren't helping by going along instead of opposing it.

Most of my friends do not perceive any responsibility or connection between "using public funds or public authority" and answering to the beliefs of other people who are equally represented. Any other views are treated as invalid, so these don't count in public policy.
Only theirs counts as public policy and should govern all the regulations and decisions?

There seems to be an assumption that whatever policies or plans they believe in using government for, that is the "right way anyway" and all other people are either wrong, or should change their minds or follow along with this government system as they set it up.

They don't seem to have any concept of OTHER people with OTHER views having an equal say in policy where it involves the federal government.

That is the most I could figure out.

I believe it is because people have different "political beliefs"
and cannot understand or even perceive of each other's views as valid.

The same way atheist and Christians both think the other is wrong and need to be
overruled, this is happening with political beliefs in right to choose and right to health care.

I think it is due to people's sincere beliefs in being right and having no concept
that the other views are valid much less correct and equally included under law.

But others assume the "right to health care" advocates are intellectually dishonest;
they are wrong and trying to impose their way and they KNOW they are contradictory
but choose to overlook it.

From talking with people I DON'T think they are aware they are imposing or excluding
anyone. They truly believe their way is helping all people and objections are invalid.

What do you think?
Is it a conscious political choice to keep using media and political campaigns to
overrule the opposition?
Is it a lack of understanding that the opposition to ACA is based on valid points
and beliefs that are equally protected as their own beliefs?
Or is it "insanity" where people really do not have any sense, and are either emotionally, mentally, or legally incompetent to reason through these conflicts and resolve them?

Is it intentional or not?
And if not, is it just a difference in beliefs or is there a real mental imbalance going on?

When it comes to gay sex, the Left doesn't want government involved in our sex lives, and the Right does.

When it comes to birth control, the Left wants government involved in our sex lives, and the Right doesn't.

Positively schizophrenic.

The people are so divided that they aren't even on speaking terms. There is no point on which the right and left will agree.

This can only end one way. The nation will divide. Will it be peaceful and reasoned or violent?

Sometimes doing the right thing requires that you just plow right through. It's not insane to do so but there is a cost. In the long-term, if it works, your heroes. Sometimes you just have to take that hill by stepping on and over the bodies of the dead.

When it comes to gay sex, the Left doesn't want government involved in our sex lives, and the Right does.

When it comes to birth control, the Left wants government involved in our sex lives, and the Right doesn't.

We want to legislate gay sex? Got a draft of that? I'm sure it's very interesting reading as long as they put the college girls in a separate section.

We want to legislate gay sex? Got a draft of that?

Sodomy laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's no fun. The wife and I already enjoy sodomy.

I think you've got that wrong. The Left doesn't want anyone involved with what a woman does with her body.

That's her decision and her decision only.

Gay sex is wholly appropriate to liberals.

Nobody oughta stand in the way of their doing anything that limits their reproduction.

Yet every sexual practice attributed to gays is also practiced by heterosexuals.

You have had that choice. How did that work out exactly?

When I choose a path or make a decision, I do so because I have researched the options.

Last edited:

Uh no. More lo-lo rhetoric.
The Right does not give a shit if people have gay sex. What they do is their own business. The Left wants everyone to have gay sex, however.
When it comes to birth control the right doesn't give a shit if people want to use birth control. The left wants everyone to use it, and everyone else to pay for it.

Get it?

Wrong again. The right, for the most part, don't give a damn, what consenting adults want to do with each other. We do resent it when other people demand that we accept their perversions as natural, or insist that because of their perversions, they should be given special status in society.

And, when it comes to birth control, the right, for the most part, desire that the government stay the hell out of the practice, leave the decision to the people involved, and let people pay for their own birth control. A really radical idea. Left wingers having to pay their own way in life.

The Right does not give a shit if people have gay sex. What they do is their own business. The Left wants everyone to have gay sex, however.
When it comes to birth control the right doesn't give a shit if people want to use birth control. The left wants everyone to use it, and everyone else to pay for it.

Get it?

well this isnt true

Get it?

well this isnt true

Because you say so, right?
Ready to get pwned yet again? How many times is this today?

First of all? They have to HAVE ONE to lose it.
icon14.gif

Forum List

Back