Hate America?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by AtlantaWalter, Apr 3, 2004.

1. AtlantaWalter

AtlantaWalter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I get so tired of the U.S being the whipping-boy for all of the world's ills and problems.

We send billions all around the world in foreign aid only to have the same countries we support turn around and trash us. Saudi Arabia is decreasing their oil output so our gas prices will go up even more; yet we send them foreign aid...why???

We send troops to free Iraq from a dictator and then have to put up with the fringe groups murdering our boys and hanging the bodies from a bridge and the local citizenship stands by and watches. The same is happening in Afganistan.

We send billions in aid in the form of food/medicines/money to Africa and the people let local warlords steal it while their families starve to death.

We send aid to North Korea, an avowed enemy, to feed their people and keep them warm while they see their own government. who could care less about its' citizens, spending billions on weapons programs to seemingly destroy us.

We waste $5,ooo,ooo,ooo a year on Israel so they can continue to foment hostilities in the MidEast.

How about for a change, just to see what happens, we pull every American back inside our borders, lock the immigration doors and allow nobody in period, cut off ALL foreign aid, and say screw you all.

Let the Haitians kill themselves off, let the Africans all die from whatever it is they are currently being ravaged by, let the Arabs eat their oil, let the Koreans starve/freeze to death, let all of the South Americans continue their coups without our assistance, and let them all see how long they last without their sugar daddy sending them their allowance!!!!!

Why should we continue to waste our tax dollars and servicemen's lives on people who don't care enough to fend for themselves? If their families starve because local warlords steal the food or they continue to be tortured by dictators and they do not have the balls to rise up and free themselves to see that their families survive, why should we care? Especially when they don't care enough to help us help them?

Selfish?! Sure, but life is hard and we cannot save the entire world, nor should we try, especially at the expense of our own citizens.

2. cptpwichita

cptpwichita Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    :clap:

3. _dmp_

_dmp_ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This is the only redeeming act... I'd rather we sent TWICE that. :)

4. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    you are talking of the end of the world atlanta. where are you going to buy shoes? clothes? complete industrys would cease to be. mass un-employment, anarcy would reign, world wide. remember that Christmas movie with Jimmy Stewart, Its a wonderful Life? OK, now imagine the world without the steady influence of the USA. what you want aint never going to happen so why waste your breath wishing for it? the economy is Global, it isnt 1950 anymore either. protectionism/isolationism is at work in NK. If thats what you yearn for go over there and give it a try. I will hold the plane on the turmac for you. Think about what you say, think it through and then see if what you want is a good idea. and once again, Think of where the world would be[if it even exists without us] if we lived the way you want. I will take it as we are today. Thank you very much

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    :clap:

This damn yankee is with AtlantaWalter. It'd be cheaper if we cut all the bastards off, especially Israel. I'm still waiting for Ariel Sharon to send me a thank-you card for forking over part of my paycheck to support his Jew-only regime, which I by law can't be a part of. As for the Africans, I'm not expecting a card from them because they haven't figured out how to use pens yet.

6. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    you are either part of the world or you are not. a white etopia will never be. an isolated/protectionist USA will never be. The USA is what holds this world together, are you guys so blinded that you cant see that. I would rather the world not end as we know it and I dont care to live in a shack up in the hills or a cave somewhere. That is what you guys are asking for. why dont you and your like minded find some piss-ant third country to overthrow, and have your own little country just the way you want it. and when the time comes when you need some help, call someone else.

7. cptpwichita

cptpwichita Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9

so you would have us continue to give money to countries which are anti-american and human rights violators?Yet the american people continue to struggle paying their bills and medical costs with the high taxes were asked to pay.I don't think we should intervene in the affairs of nations who don't want or appreciate our help.I would also pull our troops from germany,japan,south korea,saudi arabia and others.I would also end all welfare programs,privatize social security,stop govt waste.

8. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Isn't most aid money tied? Meaning it isn't just given away, there are terms and conditions which go along with it, such as paying it back (ha, ha) or doing business with American firms. I'm not saying all conditions are met, but there are still profits for some in it.

9. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    OK. You mean, like, the United States? Sounds good to me.

10. AtlantaWalter

AtlantaWalter Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think we could live quite well without them; the question is, how long would they last without us????