Has Trump really gained ANY voters???

With his landslide win he doesn't need any new voters.

But I bet he has...

If he has a war with one of our most-detested enemies, and actually wins it for the first time we've won anything in many, many years, he'll win re-election in a landslide, if he wants the job.

He's sure to have a war: every prez does. The question is, will he win or will he continue this depressing habit of our losing nearly every fight since the 1970s and taking a decade or more to do that each time.

Hillary Clinton was the best qualified candidate by far in 2016

She would have been a vastly superior president to the man we elected

You must be a species of rightwinger with which I have not previously been acquainted.

He's actually the garden variety hard left winger that you would expect. Lies about everything - including his identity.

No, I disagree. I don't think Hillary is out of the picture. I think she may run again in 2020, and that Trump knows this. Why not? She is a year younger than Trump, IIRC, and people have been touting Biden, who is WAY older than either of them. Now that we know that gazumpteen Senators and Representatives are way up in their 80s, I guess age is no longer an issue! At least till age 90.

Hey, if Trump can plausibly run for a second term, Hillary could certainly run again. I think it's a possibility.

It's obvious that Hillary has health issues whether she admits it or not. She has also said she will not run again. Of course a lot of people say that, but I think she's had it. Lastly, Democrats are looking for someone new, someone that can attract young voters and minorities without alienating centralist and can appeal to voters concerned with the morals and integrity of the president.

Hillary simple has too much baggage, too many scandals and investigations, and too much hatred from the right. The only reason she got nominated was democrats firmly believed that American would never elect a slime ball like Trump. Obviously they were wrong and certainly won't make that mistake again.

I don't think she does have health issues -- and I watched all that footage, incl. her getting lifted into the van. She's not as vigorous as Trump, true, but who is?

I don't think the Dems HAVE anyone else. I don't think they can run Fauxcahontas. She's the same age as Hillary anyway, and talk about baggage!

So the smart thing to do if Trump is riding high, for instance in the middle of a war or just very popular, is to run the usual sacrificial lamb. Like Mitt Romney was. Did he really suppose PC-obsessed America would turn out THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT :bow3: :bow3: :bow3: :bow3: ? Hillary would make a plausible and good sacrificial lamb. She couldn't win, but they tried, they could say.

The only thing against that is that it's a rule in politics (No. 7?) that you cannot run for president (or really any office) more than twice. Twice is okay, but three times and you're Harold Stassen.
Back in 2005, the up and coming democratic presidential candidates were, Hillary Clinton, Chris Dodd, John Edwards, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Richardson, Tom Vilsack, and Mike Gravel. The young senator named Barrack Obama had not yet caught the attention of the public. Yet in 2008 he not only secured the nomination, he won a decisive victory. I expect much of the same in 2020. Trump, providing he doesn't get impeached is going to be facing a new and younger candidate. Democrats are not going run Hillary again, much to the disappointment of republicans.

Assuming Donald Trump runs in 2020, he will be the oldest president in history starting his 2nd term at 75. Judging from his tweets, he will be a basket case by then.

Last edited:
Trump continues to campaign against Hillary even a year after the election and even thou she's not running again. Of course he's doing this to capitalize on the republican hatred for Hillary. Eventually, his supporters are going to realize that Hillary is out of the picture and Trump is just beating a dead horse to draw attention away from what he is really doing to America.

No, I disagree. I don't think Hillary is out of the picture. I think she may run again in 2020, and that Trump knows this. Why not? She is a year younger than Trump, IIRC, and people have been touting Biden, who is WAY older than either of them. Now that we know that gazumpteen Senators and Representatives are way up in their 80s, I guess age is no longer an issue! At least till age 90.

Hey, if Trump can plausibly run for a second term, Hillary could certainly run again. I think it's a possibility.
It's obvious that Hillary has health issues whether she admits it or not. She has also said she will not run again. Of course a lot of people say that, but I think she's had it. Lastly, Democrats are looking for someone new, someone that can attract young voters and minorities without alienating centralist and can appeal to voters concerned with the morals and integrity of the president.

Hillary simple has too much baggage, too many scandals and investigations, and too much hatred from the right. The only reason she got nominated was democrats firmly believed that American would never elect a slime ball like Trump. Obviously they were wrong and certainly won't make that mistake again.

She would have been a vastly superior president to the man we elected

Best qualified in history!!!

ROFLMAO!!

Back in 2005, the up and coming democratic presidential candidates were, Hillary Clinton, Chris Dodd, John Edwards, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Richardson, Tom Vilsack, and Mike Gravel. The young senator named Barrack Obama had not yet caught the attention of the public. Yet in 2008 he not only secured the nomination, he won a decisive victory. I expect much of the same in 2020. Trump, providing he doesn't get impeached is going to be facing a new and younger candidate. Democrats are not going run Hillary again, much to the disappointment of republicans.

Assuming Donald Trump runs in 2020, be the oldest president in history starting his 2nd term at 75.

Advanced age has been rehabilitated politically this fall, with the sex scandals, now that we know so many senators and congressmen are well up in their 80s ----- and having sex scandals. They are even promoting the idea of Biden running. I don't think that will go anywhere, but it goes to show age is no object. He'd be 78 when he ran!!!

However, you are certainly right that winning pols can come out of nowhere --- "next man up" is no longer how it works, even for Republicans. Barack came out of nowhere, with no resume, and Trump was ......unexpected, though maybe he shouldn't have been, as he ran in primaries before 2016.

Assuming Donald Trump runs in 2020, be the oldest president in history starting his 2nd term at 75.

Advanced age has been rehabilitated politically this fall, with the sex scandals, now that we know so many senators and congressmen are well up in their 80s ----- and having sex scandals. They are even promoting the idea of Biden running. I don't think that will go anywhere, but it goes to show age is no object. He'd be 78 when he ran!!!

However, you are certainly right that winning pols can come out of nowhere --- "next man up" is no longer how it works, even for Republicans. Barack came out of nowhere, with no resume, and Trump was ......unexpected, though maybe he shouldn't have been, as he ran in primaries before 2016.
One correction, Obama may have come out of nowhere, but he certain had an applicable resume compared to Trump, a constitutional lawyer, 11 years of legislative experience, and experience in a number of political campaigns.

Most presidents ride into their 2nd term based on their record in their first term. So far Trump's first term is far from impressive unless you consider his immoral and possibility illegal conduct, his attempts to isolate America from the rest of the world, and his abdication of world leadership impressive.

Anybody who pays relatively close attention to politics, knows for a fact, what Donald Trump has done in 10 months with a hostile Congress is at the very least, insanely impressive. Anyone who tells you different is a dishonest liberal.

RealClearPolitics - 2017 Latest Polls

President Trump Job Approval Gallup Approve 37, Disapprove 58 Disapprove +21
President Trump Job Approval CBS News Approve 36, Disapprove 57 Disapprove +21
President Trump Job Approval Pew Research Approve 34, Disapprove 62 Disapprove +28
Direction of Country Economist/YouGov Right Direction 33, Wrong Track 57 Wrong Track +24
Direction of Country Reuters/Ipsos Right Direction 28, Wrong Track 58 Wrong Track +30
Direction of Country IBD/TIPP Right Direction 41, Wrong Track 58 Wrong Track +17

If you are STILL actually reading polls and even putting them on a political forum, I can only assume you are completely out of touch with what has been happening with polling the last couple years.

One correction, Obama may have come out of nowhere, but he certain had an applicable resume compared to Trump, a constitutional lawyer, 11 years of legislative experience, and experience in a number of political campaigns.

Most presidents ride into their 2nd term based on their record in their first term. So far Trump's first term is far from impressive unless you consider his immoral and possibility illegal conduct, his attempts to isolate America from the rest of the world, and his abdication of world leadership impressive.

a constitutional lawyer, 11 years of legislative experience,

His experience consisted, to a large degree, in voting "present".
No legislative accomplishments.

a constitutional lawyer, 11 years of legislative experience,

His experience consisted, to a large degree, in voting "present".
No legislative accomplishments.

No....and I can't say much for his idea of the Constitution: he mostly ruled by a form of dictatorship, ordering every new rule and program by himself.

Forum List

Back