has rushbo been upstaged by glen?

Glenn likes being number 3. His theory behind it was people don't aim for the third spot...

Course, that might be changing.

Either way, Rush, Glenn, and everyone else have their own good and bad points. I dont think they are in competition with each other.

His theory is definitely wrong. He whips them up into an hysterical tizzy.:lol:

Who? His fans or his opposition?;)

As T said, they are only commentators, they hold no actual political power like King Barak & his wife Queen Michelle do.

Yet, look how threatened the libs are of commentators. It seems to me that they are threatened by free speech.

Did we all forget when the head of the RNC, Michael Steele apologized to this "commentator", it proved to me how powerfull these clowns really are in that party.

Let me repeat this, Michael Steele apologized to Rush Limbaugh! He proved to me everything I wanted to know about how important Rush is to the right.

Agree?

ed: Cmike, comments?

Last edited:
I didn't know Maddow was a "journalist," thought she was a commentator, and one with a lot more academic cred than most.

The whole, doctor in politics thing. She is intellectually superior to the avg talking heads who call themselves journalists. She would destroy Beck in a debate of any sort and imagine her dissecting palin. Damn, I would pay good money for either of those two matchups.

(of course, insert lesbian jokes, its all they have)....she is very sharp. Very.

Yeah yeah. We always hear how great you guys on the left are in a debate against us on the right. Then when one actually happens, you guys can't figure out how your guy lost.

I'm highly doubtful she can handle glenn. He's read much more than she has.

Heck, I doubt she could hold her own against a number of people on this message board.

You think Rodeo clown beck read more that her? You think she couldnt handle her self against ..oh I dont know...you?

Dr. MAddows credentials...(or did you not know this?)

A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[14] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.[15] Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons. She was the first openly gay American to win a Rhodes scholarship.[16][17]

She is a doctor of politics and a Rhodes scholar. You are comparing her to beck knowledge wise? Seriously?

Beck is an alcoholic and a shock jock.

Beck was born in Everett, Washington and raised as a Roman Catholic. He obtained his first broadcast job as a disc-jockey for his hometown radio station at the age of 13 after winning a contest. When his mother died, Beck moved to Bellingham, where he attended high school. After graduation, he worked at radio stations in Provo, Utah, Washington D.C. and New Haven, Connecticut. Along the way, Beck married and divorced his first wife. He also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse, and went through recovery in the mid 1990s. After marrying his second wife Tania in 1999, the couple converted to Mormonism.

Beck's array of media outlets have brought him wealth and popularity, along with recurring controversy and criticism. Beck's provocative and polarizing views can range from being seen as principled and revelatory, to erroneous and offensive. His supporters believe he is a Constitutional stalwart defending traditional American values from secular progressivism,[5] while his critics contend he promotes conspiracy theories and employs incendiary rhetoric.[6]

Beck has read more than maddow? Seriously? You just said this. Wow. Other than the ubiquitous lesbian jokes, what have you got?
compare the two again and come back in here and ask for forgiveness. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
First of all, you must have missed my sarcastic tone, because I certainly don't consider modern "journalists" to be intellectually superior to average Americans, as much as they might like to think otherwise. They are a bunch of phoney assholes with an agenda, so mocking them is a wonderful thing.:D

I didn't know Maddow was a "journalist," thought she was a commentator, and one with a lot more academic cred than most.

Hey, I graduated magna cum laude with an education degree. BFD:lol:

Then why self identify as a "poor slob?"
And why resent a peer who has a different academic specialty?
Are you purposefully encouraging others to look down their noses at the very academic attainment that increased YOUR chances? Why would you do such a thing?

Are you purposefully encouraging others to look down their noses at the very academic attainment that increased YOUR chances? Why would you do such a thing?

Again....did you miss my comment on sarcasm?? That is their perception that they need to lead the herd along. I don't have "resentment" for a bunch of snobs who think being book smart gives them greater common sense over other people. They amuse me in their delusions.:lol:

As T said, they are only commentators, they hold no actual political power like King Barak & his wife Queen Michelle do.

Yet, look how threatened the libs are of commentators. It seems to me that they are threatened by free speech.

Did we all forget when the head of the RNC, Michael Steele apologized to this "commentator", it proved to me how powerfull these clowns really are in that party.

Let me repeat this, Michael Steele apologized to Rush Limbaugh! He proved to me everything I wanted to know about how important Rush is to the right.

Agree?

ed: Cmike, comments?

Most people with manners apologize when they've made a mistake.

The whole, doctor in politics thing. She is intellectually superior to the avg talking heads who call themselves journalists. She would destroy Beck in a debate of any sort and imagine her dissecting palin. Damn, I would pay good money for either of those two matchups.

(of course, insert lesbian jokes, its all they have)....she is very sharp. Very.

Yeah yeah. We always hear how great you guys on the left are in a debate against us on the right. Then when one actually happens, you guys can't figure out how your guy lost.

Heck, I doubt she could hold her own against a number of people on this message board.

You think Rodeo clown beck read more that her? You think she couldnt handle her self against ..oh I dont know...you?

A graduate of Castro Valley High School in Castro Valley, Maddow earned a degree in public policy from Stanford University in 1994.[14] At graduation she was awarded the John Gardner Fellowship. She was also the recipient of a Rhodes Scholarship and began her postgraduate study in 1995 at Lincoln College, Oxford. In 2001, she earned a Doctorate in Philosophy (DPhil) in politics from Oxford University.[15] Her thesis is titled HIV/AIDS and Health Care Reform in British and American Prisons. She was the first openly gay American to win a Rhodes scholarship.[16][17]

She is a doctor of politics and a Rhodes scholar. You are comparing her to beck knowledge wise? Seriously?

Beck was born in Everett, Washington and raised as a Roman Catholic. He obtained his first broadcast job as a disc-jockey for his hometown radio station at the age of 13 after winning a contest. When his mother died, Beck moved to Bellingham, where he attended high school. After graduation, he worked at radio stations in Provo, Utah, Washington D.C. and New Haven, Connecticut. Along the way, Beck married and divorced his first wife. He also struggled with drug and alcohol abuse, and went through recovery in the mid 1990s. After marrying his second wife Tania in 1999, the couple converted to Mormonism.

Beck's array of media outlets have brought him wealth and popularity, along with recurring controversy and criticism. Beck's provocative and polarizing views can range from being seen as principled and revelatory, to erroneous and offensive. His supporters believe he is a Constitutional stalwart defending traditional American values from secular progressivism,[5] while his critics contend he promotes conspiracy theories and employs incendiary rhetoric.[6]

Beck has read more than maddow? Seriously? You just said this. Wow. Other than the ubiquitous lesbian jokes, what have you got?
compare the two again and come back in here and ask for forgiveness. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah. I think he has read much more than she has.

Moreover, I think he has actually read opposing viewpoints in an effort to understand where they were coming from. Something foreign to the left.

You fall for the sophistry that having degrees is somehow an indication on someone's intelligence and abilities. Degrees are meaningless. Knowledge and education comes from constantly seeking out Truth, not seeking out the diploma. You learn more by reading and trying to understand people then you learn in a formal class room.

Some of the most educated people in the world don't have degrees because they actually read and try to learn things.

It's a beautiful process. Try it sometime.

Again....did you miss my comment on sarcasm?? That is their perception that they need to lead the herd along. I don't have "resentment" for a bunch of snobs who think being book smart gives them greater common sense over other people. They amuse me in their delusions.:lol:

I always think it's funny how people think that if someone has a degree, they are smart.

Degrees are meaningless. they are just a piece of paper that help us be more competetive in the job market. Quite honestly, they aren't necessary for half the work we do in the world. Id rather read and learn and talk with people who can articulate themselves and give reasons for why they think and do the things they do than people with "degrees" Who don't know jack.

There are alot of them too. It's seriously messed up.

So, the decades of constant complaining about and attacking of the 'liberal media' by the right...

...we can by your own logic classify that as motivated by the right's FEAR and sense of being THREATENED BY FREE SPEECH?

I always think it's funny how people think that if someone has a degree, they are smart.

Degrees are meaningless. they are just a piece of paper that help us be more competetive in the job market. Quite honestly, they aren't necessary for half the work we do in the world. Id rather read and learn and talk with people who can articulate themselves and give reasons for why they think and do the things they do than people with "degrees" Who don't know jack.

There are alot of them too. It's seriously messed up.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

It's a liberal mantra. Unless you have at least one piece of paper, you are not smart. I have more than one.... means jack shit after you get your first job. Personally, I've learned more since I got those pieces of paper than I did while I was getting them.

I know a lot of people who don't have those pieces of paper.... and they are certainly intelligent, capable people.

Shocking, I know!

Yeah. I think he has read much more than she has.

Moreover, I think he has actually read opposing viewpoints in an effort to understand where they were coming from. Something foreign to the left.

You fall for the sophistry that having degrees is somehow an indication on someone's intelligence and abilities. Degrees are meaningless. Knowledge and education comes from constantly seeking out Truth, not seeking out the diploma. You learn more by reading and trying to understand people then you learn in a formal class room.

Some of the most educated people in the world don't have degrees because they actually read and try to learn things.

It's a beautiful process. Try it sometime.

I agree, sometimes educated people are idiots..but sometimes, educated people are just that, educated.

Dr. Maddows is far and above more intelligent than ol beckster (a self admitted circus clown). He is a shock jock, her entire time in college (up to and including her becomeing a doctor) was about politics. How can you possibly say he "read" more than she did?

You really really look like an ass here comparing the two. They always come back with her being a lesbian..thats it. Never, ever have anything specific to back up your claim here that this educated woman is not just that, educated. I can totally point you to where Beck is a high school graduate, and a sham artists shock joke. A smart one, because he makes 35 million a year because of sheeple on the right, but a high school graduate non the less. Its easy to make people afraid and every time he looks at his bank account he proves how dumb fox fans are. Good for him.

(When was the last time you went to a dr. who didnt have a degree in his field?)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back