Has Obama damaged national security?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Evangelical, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Evangelical

Evangelical Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You can wordplay all you want, "by releasing the 'torture memos' Obama has made America safer because blah blah blah..."; the fact is now that Obama has done what he has done, independent research groups are already working to figure out not just if Obama has done damage to the US, but how much damage.

This could be the equivalent of FDR announcing an impending invasion of France in June, so do not despair about the war.

Obama, whether in a moment of cocaine-induced idiocy, has released memos of how the US acquired sensitive information, allowing in a deadly cat-and-mouse game, for the mouse (Al Qaeda et. al.) to catch a glimpse of where they went wrong, what they need to correct, and how they need to reapply themselves.

Furthermore, Obama has alienated large amounts of US intelligence, telling them "do what is politically correct or you may be retroactively charged with crimes that were never crimes to begin with."

Congress Knew About the Interrogations - WSJ.com

Mr. Hoekstra and others are already preparing to rid the US of this scourge Obama.

And, really, if it is discovered that US national security has been even slightly hurt by this deliberate policy move there is little recourse that America could take other than to forcibly remove Obama from the office of President. It's not about "on the job training". It's about the fact that never in the history of the US has a President at least willingly damaged the United States' military interests and exploits putting at risk the lives of Americans for sake of politics.

I almost feel sorry for Obama, he just seems to me like some stupid kid caught up in a nasty world; I feel sorry for him because this isn't the kind of playground where you go to time out. Obama should be charged with Treason if found to have damaged the United States' military operations in any way.

2. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I’ll probably take a lot of flak for saying this, but I doubt that Al Qaeda gained much knowledge from BO’s release of the classified terrorist memos beyond making that knowledge official which gives Al Qaeda another recruitment tool.

On the other hand, If I were the head of state of another country, this would give me great pause and concern regarding how much I’d be willing to entrust BO with anything I didn’t want in the public domain. I wouldn’t be concerned that BO would blow the whistle on me, but rather the next Republican administration which I think is going to stick a fid so far up BO’s ass that it’ll pierce his tonsils.

I think the same scenario applies to US officials ranging from CIA operatives to military powers. In short, if I’m in a position of power right now, I’m going to indulge BO publically, but when it comes to dealing with him to regarding things classified I’m going to deny him in the best interest of national security.

In short, I think BO may have damaged himself more than he damaged national security or the Republicans with this publicity stunt.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Partisan nonsense.

Were these people worried when the Bush Aministration outed a CIA agent?

No.

So spare us this flag draped patriotic bullshit.

We know god damned the people you tools pander for don't give a rat's ass about America OR Americans.

4. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    If that's all ya got Bro, logoff and go back to bed.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    The Bush administration didn't out a CIA agent. Her bigmouth, self-agrandizing husband did.

So spare us the leftwing faux outrage.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,639
    Remains to be seen dosen't it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,120
    I agree with that . . . but now AQ knows just how far we won't go to gain intel. In the long run, I believe this releasing of info will come back to haunt us.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  8. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Nonsense.

9. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Yes, edit... nonsense is exactly what you posted...

It's better than calling it flat out misinformation, or plain old leftist propaganda bullshit

10. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I guess it depends on what gores your ox....