Has Obama damaged national security?

right...thats why obama used fearmongering to get his spendulus plan passed...

and i'm sorry if you think talking about the fact that obama's political hack game puts american lives at risk is fear mongering. it is a fact that last time the pictures were shown revenge killings and recruitment went up. it is thus entirely reasonable to expect the same again. but your hatred for any but the democratic party clouds your reasoning and judgment. pity.
huggy is yet ANOTHER braindead moron lefty

You have no idea what my politics are. Assuming because I don't react like a little crying schoolgirl (that would be you) at a horror movie every time you neo con cretens say boo is your mistake. I am well armed and fully capable of dealing with any "terrorists" should one pop up in my neighborhood. Until that happens I think I'll sleep soundly.

we know you hate Jews. Hitler's Gemany was a racial state with hatred at its core. I'd say that makes you a Nazi.

this absolutely will work as a recruiting tool for AQ, they will get more members and US soldiers and civilians lives are thus put more at risk.

that is on obama's hands.

there absolutely no need for this. this is not a court of law trying to prove a case with evidence. this is obama using public opinion to bash bush and cash in on getting more popular with his base....see...look, even though i said i wouldn't prosecute....i am about showing the evil deeds of bush.

a complete political hack move that put american lives at risk

Americans are totally burned out on your kind of fear mongering. Restoring credibility at home and in the world puts us back on a path that resembles the America my ancestors faught for.

and i'm sorry if you think talking about the fact that obama's political hack game puts american lives at risk is fear mongering. it is a fact that last time the pictures were shown revenge killings and recruitment went up. it is thus entirely reasonable to expect the same again. but your hatred for any but the democratic party clouds your reasoning and judgment. pity.

It's hardly the same kind of fearmongering when all someone has to do is look at the bottom line of his 401K and see all the boarded up businesses and shops.

huggy is yet ANOTHER braindead moron lefty

You have no idea what my politics are. Assuming because I don't react like a little crying schoolgirl (that would be you) at a horror movie every time you neo con cretens say boo is your mistake. I am well armed and fully capable of dealing with any "terrorists" should one pop up in my neighborhood. Until that happens I think I'll sleep soundly.
oh, you have made your politics quite clear
LOL

Americans are totally burned out on your kind of fear mongering. Restoring credibility at home and in the world puts us back on a path that resembles the America my ancestors faught for.

It's hardly the same kind of fearmongering when all someone has to do is look at the bottom line of his 401K and see all the boarded up businesses and shops.

Same thing could be said about Iraq.

it is still fearmongering...but to you it is ok because a dem did it...

take off the partisan glasses and see the truth

this absolutely will work as a recruiting tool for AQ, they will get more members and US soldiers and civilians lives are thus put more at risk.

that is on obama's hands.

there absolutely no need for this. this is not a court of law trying to prove a case with evidence. this is obama using public opinion to bash bush and cash in on getting more popular with his base....see...look, even though i said i wouldn't prosecute....i am about showing the evil deeds of bush.

a complete political hack move that put american lives at risk

Just because the memos giving the okay were released means nothing. Frankly, the whole sordid mess was sure to rear its ugly head eventually anyway because everyone knew, from across every mountain and sea!

You people are acting like some BIG SECRET was suddenly disclosed.

right....thats why you probably, like most dems, argued for the release of photos of the dead coming home....BECAUSE IT MEANS NOTHING

why can't you guys put aside your partisan crap and really look at what exactly is being accomplished here. if everybody knows, then what purpose is there in releasing the photos? it only serves to incite our enemies and that puts american lives at risk and you guys love it because it makes bush look bad. your irrational hatred for bush is destroying this country.

I never said that torturing meant nothing, nor was a subject to be ignored. I also never argued for photos of flag-draped coffins. Must you project YOUR OWN HATRED of anything that goes against your personal bias as applying to everyone? Where did I say ANY of what you're accusing me of?

And I don't *hate* George Bush either. I hated what his administration became. I'm one of those who knew from the get-go that he and his minions would wind up digging their own graves. And they did. And we're still seeing the remnants. My BDS is no worse than your ODS. As I said, hypocrisy is such a common trait among you that it's laughable.

Yurt said:
but your hatred for any but the democratic party clouds your reasoning and judgment. pity

I always guffaw when I see that kind of statement, written time and again by the cons. I mean like you guys aren't "clouded by" what your fellow cons say? One would think that eventually you would get it, and not advertise your hypocrisy.

do you even see the hypocrisy in your post....

Uh, no? Pointing out that someone is a thief doesn't also make me one.

Nope. Afghanistan = reality, Iraq = fearmongering. It's a no-brainer.

If that's all ya got Bro, logoff and go back to bed.

It's hell of a lot more than the right has.

Her husband didn't out her. What bullshit. It was one of the little neocon boys , Armitage.

She was covert also.

Fuckinglosersbecomefudkingliars.

EVERYONE claimed Iraq had WMD's, including Hillary, Biden, and Emanuel, who were the biggest advocates of the war, as was bill clinton. Now, are you going to accuse them of fear mongering, or do you only pick on republicans when they do it?

CBS) In an exclusive interview with CBS News national security correspondent David Martin, Richard Armitage, once the No. 2 diplomat at the State Department, couldn't be any blunter.

"Oh I feel terrible. Every day, I think I let down the president. I let down the Secretary of State. I let down my department, my family and I also let down Mr. and Mrs. Wilson," he says.

When asked if he feels he owes the Wilsons an apology, he says, "I think I've just done it."

In July 2003, Armitage told columnist Robert Novak that Ambassador Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, and Novak mentioned it in a column. It's a crime to knowingly reveal the identity of an undercover CIA officer. But Armitage didn't yet realize what he had done.

So, what exactly did he tell Novak?

"At the end of a wide-ranging interview he asked me, 'Why did the CIA send Ambassador (Wilson) to Africa?' I said I didn't know, but that she worked out at the agency," Armitage says.

Armitage says he told Novak because it was "just an offhand question." "I didn't put any big import on it and I just answered and it was the last question we had," he says.

Armitage adds that while the document was classified, "it doesn't mean that every sentence in the document is classified.

Whatever works for the right is right ----

RESOLUTION 687 (1991) Adopted by the Security Council at its 2981st meeting, on 3 April 1991

Once a single point of the terms of cease-fire were violated, finishing the job in Iraq was justified... it SHOULD have been done much sooner than it was

CBS) In an exclusive interview with CBS News national security correspondent David Martin, Richard Armitage, once the No. 2 diplomat at the State Department, couldn't be any blunter.

"Oh I feel terrible. Every day, I think I let down the president. I let down the Secretary of State. I let down my department, my family and I also let down Mr. and Mrs. Wilson," he says.

When asked if he feels he owes the Wilsons an apology, he says, "I think I've just done it."

In July 2003, Armitage told columnist Robert Novak that Ambassador Wilson's wife worked for the CIA, and Novak mentioned it in a column. It's a crime to knowingly reveal the identity of an undercover CIA officer. But Armitage didn't yet realize what he had done.

So, what exactly did he tell Novak?

"At the end of a wide-ranging interview he asked me, 'Why did the CIA send Ambassador (Wilson) to Africa?' I said I didn't know, but that she worked out at the agency," Armitage says.

Armitage says he told Novak because it was "just an offhand question." "I didn't put any big import on it and I just answered and it was the last question we had," he says.

Armitage adds that while the document was classified, "it doesn't mean that every sentence in the document is classified.

Whatever works for the right is right ----
yet Armitage was NEVER chagred with outing a covert opperative, why not?

I’ll probably take a lot of flak for saying this, but I doubt that Al Qaeda gained much knowledge from BO’s release of the classified terrorist memos beyond making that knowledge official which gives Al Qaeda another recruitment tool.

On the other hand, If I were the head of state of another country, this would give me great pause and concern regarding how much I’d be willing to entrust BO with anything I didn’t want in the public domain. I wouldn’t be concerned that BO would blow the whistle on me, but rather the next Republican administration which I think is going to stick a fid so far up BO’s ass that it’ll pierce his tonsils.

I think the same scenario applies to US officials ranging from CIA operatives to military powers. In short, if I’m in a position of power right now, I’m going to indulge BO publically, but when it comes to dealing with him to regarding things classified I’m going to deny him in the best interest of national security.

In short, I think BO may have damaged himself more than he damaged national security or the Republicans with this publicity stunt.

I agree with that . . . but now AQ knows just how far we won't go to gain intel. In the long run, I believe this releasing of info will come back to haunt us.

There are some very good key points here. Our enemies can now be trained to withstand and endure our interrogation techniques b/c they know the distance we are willing to go. This is very important information to keep away from people we want to capture and interrogate.
There is also the loyalty concern from our allies about giving information about them. It is the wrong message to be sending to all sides involved in this. Leaving the door open to retroactively prosecute people for their involvement in activities that were "legal" to do at the time is simply not done and is a dramatic directional shift that should be fought against vehemently.

It's difficulty to say, if this release of information will prove to be an effective recruiting tool for AQ. Bottom line, we can't base our decisions on that criteria b/c we are attempting to destroy their organization, just about anything we do, they will try to use against us in the form of recruiting. According to that criteria, inaction would replace action, and we would allow them to regroup, reorganize, and strike us again on our home turf. This group is intent on doing all they can to cause harm and damage to the U.S. That will not change if we 'play nice'.

This release of information was reckless at best on the President's part. I like some of what he is/wants to do, but he is very much a loose cannon.

Fully agree. This is their mindset, their religion; harsh interrogations or not will do nothing to change this.

Answering another accusation, hijacking and/or endangering a vessel or an aircraft, the five said, "if you do not respect the innocent in our countries, then we will do the same, by exposing you to danger and hijacking in the air, at sea and at land."

Quranic verses were cited in the filing, and the men underscored their defense of "oppressed" Muslims.

"Our religion is a religion of fear and terror to the enemies of God: the Jews, Christians and pagans. With God's willing, we are terrorists to the bone."

It also predicts that the United States "will fall, politically, militarily and economically."

"Your end is very near and your fall will be just as the fall of the towers on the blessed 9/11 day," the court filing said.

"We ask from God to accept our contributions to the great attack, the great attack on America, and to place our nineteen martyred brethren among the highest peak in paradise," the response said, in reference to the al Qaeda militants who hijacked the airplanes that crashed into the World Trade Center's twin towers in New York, the Pentagon in Washington, and a field in Pennsylvania.

Nearly 3,000 people were killed in the attacks.

Gitmo prisoners defend 'blessed' 9/11 attack - CNN.com

at least the Obama is keeping a watchful eye on all those soon returning timothy mcveigh's...the Obama will keep our daycares safe...and I'm sure he wont be hesitant to use a little torture and illegal detainment if necessary..you know to avert Oklahoma like terror attack..

EVERYONE claimed Iraq had WMD's, including Hillary, Biden, and Emanuel, who were the biggest advocates of the war, as was bill clinton. Now, are you going to accuse them of fear mongering, or do you only pick on republicans when they do it?

Not "everyone" was on television every day shouting about mushroom clouds and imminent possibilities of another attack. Even a year after 911, polls were showing a shocking 67% of people STILL thought that Iraq was responsible for the attacks. That was fearmongering--done specifically in couched phrases so as to whip up fear among the least knowledgeable, the people who won't or can't learn anything other than what they see in headlines or from their neighbors.

Clinton never advocated INVADING Iraq. Everyone, including him, wanted to see Saddam gone (regime change), but Iraq was contained and even if wmd existed, their capabilities of launching were severely limited. This was all verified by the weapons inspectors, and yet the noise for the public's ears continued.

RESOLUTION 687 (1991) Adopted by the Security Council at its 2981st meeting, on 3 April 1991

Once a single point of the terms of cease-fire were violated, finishing the job in Iraq was justified... it SHOULD have been done much sooner than it was

How? Do you honestly believe that people far smarter than you or I were not on top of this entire situation all along? You can't just run around the world shooting up stuff and risk all-out regional wars.

Last edited:

How? Do you honestly believe that people far smarter than you or I were on top of this entire situation all along? You can't just run around the world shooting up stuff and risk all-out regional wars.

How...?? Are you serious?

And funny.. even after we did go back and finish what should have been finished while I was serving, we did not have "all-out regional war"... but nice attempt at the "fearmongering" you try to attribute to those who do not go around bashing the Iraq conflict as you do

The continuation of hostilities as justified the very first time Saddam violated the terms of the cease-fire... and he did it MANY MANY times... this is irrefutable fact

Do I wish that we would have been allowed to finish the job during my time? Yep.... Do I wish that Clinton would not have been such a foreign policy pussy and finished it when he was afforded chance after chance?? Yep... Do I wish for us to be done with major deployments there so that my military brothers and sisters can return home or concentrate on other actions?? Yep.. But I also wish for lefty BDS sufferers to quit with the "illegal war" or "unjustified" or "Bush lied, people died" or "fearmongering" bullshit

How? Do you honestly believe that people far smarter than you or I were on top of this entire situation all along? You can't just run around the world shooting up stuff and risk all-out regional wars.

How...?? Are you serious?

And funny.. even after we did go back and finish what should have been finished while I was serving, we did not have "all-out regional war"... but nice attempt at the "fearmongering" you try to attribute to those who do not go around bashing the Iraq conflict as you do

The continuation of hostilities as justified the very first time Saddam violated the terms of the cease-fire... and he did it MANY MANY times... this is irrefutable fact

Do I wish that we would have been allowed to finish the job during my time? Yep.... Do I wish that Clinton would not have been such a foreign policy pussy and finished it when he was afforded chance after chance?? Yep... Do I wish for us to be done with major deployments there so that my military brothers and sisters can return home or concentrate on other actions?? Yep.. But I also wish for lefty BDS sufferers to quit with the "illegal war" or "unjustified" or "Bush lied, people died" or "fearmongering" bullshit

Well...I'm not about to argue the merits of the Iraq war with a soldier who fought there. But surely you must acknowledge my point, which is the U.S. occupation and invasion of Iraq has been a major factor in disrupting the geopolitical regions surrounding it. And THAT is NOT a good thing.

I’ll probably take a lot of flak for saying this, but I doubt that Al Qaeda gained much knowledge from BO’s release of the classified terrorist memos beyond making that knowledge official which gives Al Qaeda another recruitment tool.

On the other hand, If I were the head of state of another country, this would give me great pause and concern regarding how much I’d be willing to entrust BO with anything I didn’t want in the public domain. I wouldn’t be concerned that BO would blow the whistle on me, but rather the next Republican administration which I think is going to stick a fid so far up BO’s ass that it’ll pierce his tonsils.

I think the same scenario applies to US officials ranging from CIA operatives to military powers. In short, if I’m in a position of power right now, I’m going to indulge BO publically, but when it comes to dealing with him to regarding things classified I’m going to deny him in the best interest of national security.

In short, I think BO may have damaged himself more than he damaged national security or the Republicans with this publicity stunt.

What we have learned from Al Queda is that they do have internet access--& are very proficient at it also.

Since the "torture files" were released by this President--since terrorists are NOW fully aware of the tactics-they will be practicing on how to stay awake for a "total" of 72 hours--because they know NOW they will get to go to bed after that 72 hours.

They are learning how to accept sleeping with a catapillar in their caves. They're probably even slapping each other around right now--to make certain they can pass the next CIA interrogation.

In FACT--they know it all. They know what we won't do, & if we do anything--how long we're going to do it to them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back