Has anyone seen....

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
The Mothman Prophecies?

I just heard the story behind this movie today and was wondering if anyone has seen it and their opinion on it. It sounds like something I might like, but wanted to get some thoughts on it before I bought the DVD.

(No.. I'm not normal... I dont usually rent them before I buy them.... :D )

Has anyone seen RINGU? Or even seen both The Ring and Ringu?

I liked the ring too, and thought the acting was just regular horror movie acting (fair). But i just saw Naomi Watts in 21 grams...wow. She deserves an OSCAR! I had no idea she could act like that! I recommend that movie to anyone over 17! (the others are great as well - Benicio del Toro and Sean Penn)

Originally posted by evilarnold
Saw the Ring, and it's quite good! Ringu however appears to be the original story, and I think it is Chinese or something! I am not into bad dubs or subtitles so I passed on this one!
yeah im not into going to the movies to read it

Anyone seen monster? Charlize 'The Hotty' Theron keeps winning all these awards... must be some kinda performance.

Originally posted by Scourge
Anyone seen monster? Charlize 'The Hotty' Theron keeps winning all these awards... must be some kinda performance.
i dont think ive heard of this one

Seriously? this one has been over blown in the media because beautiful Charlize became this UGLY serial killer, in fact too much was made of her transformation that it might've taken away from the movie... anyhow, sorry if I implied you're living in a media vacuum... it's about a serial killing, lesbian prostitute. She looks WAAAAAYYYYYY different in the flick.

There you go.

wait, i think i may have heard of it. i remember seeing soemthing on some tv show about it.

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
The Mothman Prophecies?

I just heard the story behind this movie today and was wondering if anyone has seen it and their opinion on it. It sounds like something I might like, but wanted to get some thoughts on it before I bought the DVD.

(No.. I'm not normal... I dont usually rent them before I buy them.... :D )

Hey I saw it and I liked it... It was kinda strange and I heard it was a true story.. Its worth the rent.

Just like the Mothman Prophecies, Monster is also based on a true story. Charlize (sp) Theron looks completely different, unrecognizable even.

Dont feel so bad Johnney... had it not been for all the nominations for awards, I wouldnt have heard of this one either. For some reason, it wasnt offered nationally like most hit movies. I would have had to gone to Pittsburgh to catch this flick, which is 2 hours away. I'm not exactly sure why every theatre didnt offer it (maybe strong content?.. controversial subject?).

Those that I"ve talked to that have seen the movie all say its a good one.

Forum List

Back