Has Anyone Ever Shed Their RINO Designation?

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.

With all of the discussion recently about RINOs and the incredibly vague definition of such, I am curious...has anyone ever shed their “RINO” designation and re-earned their republican designation?

In the recent weeks and months when the field was forming for the GOP nomination, So many once-accepted republicans have been called a “RINO”. Mike Pompeo is one. DeSantis (who was the party’s savior in the Spring) is the latest one it seems.

Seems like the number of RINOs continuously grows and Trump becomes more and more isolated as a result.

With all of the discussion recently about RINOs and the incredibly vague definition of such, I am curious...has anyone ever shed their “RINO” designation and re-earned their republican designation?

In the recent weeks and months when the field was forming for the GOP nomination, So many once-accepted republicans have been called a “RINO”. Mike Pompeo is one. DeSantis (who was the party’s savior in the Spring) is the latest one it seems.

Seems like the number of RINOs continuously grows and Trump becomes more and more isolated as a result.
RINO

It is a good question, actually. So long as you understand that we are talking about different people's definition of "RINO," more so than the actual characteristics and actions of the people in question.

When Trump first announced his run, it was fair to call him a "Republican in Name Only." He wanted to run for president that year, and Hillary had the DNC as full partner in her quest to win the nomination. So Trump decided to run as a Republican, where the primary had not already been decided by the Party Bosses.

Then Trump attracted many new Republican voters away from the Democratic party, mainly hard-working Americans who could not stand the idea of eight more years of Clinton but without the hillbilly charm. You know "uneducated whites" as the media called them. They were only Republicans because of Trump, so in name only.

But . . . now that Trump is destined to win the GOP nomination for the third time in a row, he and his voters are the definitive Republicans. The old guard, the last aging remnants of the neo-con Bush-Cheney-McConnell era of endless war-starting are losing whatever is left of their influence.

I don't know of any of them that have been willing to step up and honor the will of GOP voters by supporting Trump fully. Too bad, because now they have an opportunity to support him in his politically driven prosecutions to show solidarity, while still claiming to take issue with his personality and policies.

I suppose they are waiting for him to die or be sent to prison so they can take over again. An unlikely strategy.

The next gen Cheney disgraced herself in the Jan 6 TDS committee, "JEB!" is a "JOKE!" and Trump will almost certainly outlive McConnell, who is now just depressing to think about.

Nope.

It's the Party of Trump, and Trumpism will outlive him. Sorry . . .

Everyone did very well under Bill Clinton's administration. He was extremely popular from the 1st year through his 8th year.
He ran as a conservative and the GOP congress forced him to act on some of his promises, so his economy was surprisingly good.

There was not such dynamic likely with Hillsdills.

He ran as a conservative and the GOP congress forced him to act on some of his promises, so his economy was surprisingly good.

There was not such dynamic likely with Hillsdills.
Oh, yeah - Don't Ask Don't Tell was a conservative policy.
4i6Ckte.gif

I was talking about his economic policies.

Don't Ask Don't Tell was a cowardly attempt at half-assed (no pun intended) compromise on the issue of gay service members.
It wasn't cowardly, it was a compromise with the homophobic rightwing.

It is a good question, actually. So long as you understand that we are talking about different people's definition of "RINO," more so than the actual characteristics and actions of the people in question.

When Trump first announced his run, it was fair to call him a "Republican in Name Only." He wanted to run for president that year, and Hillary had the DNC as full partner in her quest to win the nomination. So Trump decided to run as a Republican, where the primary had not already been decided by the Party Bosses.

Then Trump attracted many new Republican voters away from the Democratic party, mainly hard-working Americans who could not stand the idea of eight more years of Clinton but without the hillbilly charm. You know "uneducated whites" as the media called them. They were only Republicans because of Trump, so in name only.

But . . . now that Trump is destined to win the GOP nomination for the third time in a row, he and his voters are the definitive Republicans. The old guard, the last aging remnants of the neo-con Bush-Cheney-McConnell era of endless war-starting are losing whatever is left of their influence.

I don't know of any of them that have been willing to step up and honor the will of GOP voters by supporting Trump fully. Too bad, because now they have an opportunity to support him in his politically driven prosecutions to show solidarity, while still claiming to take issue with his personality and policies.

I suppose they are waiting for him to die or be sent to prison so they can take over again. An unlikely strategy.

The next gen Cheney disgraced herself in the Jan 6 TDS committee, "JEB!" is a "JOKE!" and Trump will almost certainly outlive McConnell, who is now just depressing to think about.

Nope.

It's the Party of Trump, and Trumpism will outlive him. Sorry . . .
In a bizarre way that makes a bit of sense. Back when I was growing up and there were some restrictions on brand packaging, my mom would buy something called krab. it was fish that was dyed to look like crab. It made it very clear on the packaging that it wasn’t crab. Gratefully the industry stopped trying to pass off the stuff as crab meat and took it off the market by and large.

Trump is krab.

Last edited:

It’s an interesting question.

Are Bush II and Obama no longer war criminals because they’re no longer in office?

Will Biden cease to be a demented extortionist/rapist at some point?

Has Hillary’s status as a cheerleader for violent gang rape changed since her last gleeful outburst extolling its virtues?

I mean, it’s all just words - it’s not like RINO or DINO (Decent In Name Only) are official designations.

Last edited:
Possibly Chris Christie. He was once a Rino kissing up to Obama but now he's back in the fold trying to save the party from the idiot Trump.
We’re talking about RINOs, not hippos, bra.

Forum List

Back