Has anyone checked their lineage through DNA?

I used ancestry.com/dna. I also had my daughter checked and that way I could figure out my wife and son's lineage.

I was very much surprised at the results.

I knew I was Irish Scot, my name is Campbell.

Found out I was 39% Irish descent. There is no distinction of Scottish, it's all Ireland DNA.
Great Britain 16%
And the big surprise... I'm 26% Scandinavian. Did not know that.

The rest is Iberian peninsula and some east and west Europe even Finland and NW Russia. It's amazing that it breaks your lineage down to less than 1%.

I'm as white as the driven snow. Lol.
I think we're related...

Let me guess, you are also Clan Campbell...
Not sure about that.....just saw that Campbell was part of my family tree from Scotland.

I had an Aunt who traced our ancestry back to 1500, all in a small town in Southern Italy. Despite the lack of geographic diversity, I was 80% Greek Italian, 10% Middle East 4% Caucuses, and 1% Possibly Alien

I used ancestry.com/dna. I also had my daughter checked and that way I could figure out my wife and son's lineage.

I was very much surprised at the results.

I knew I was Irish Scot, my name is Campbell.

Found out I was 39% Irish descent. There is no distinction of Scottish, it's all Ireland DNA.
Great Britain 16%
And the big surprise... I'm 26% Scandinavian. Did not know that.

The rest is Iberian peninsula and some east and west Europe even Finland and NW Russia. It's amazing that it breaks your lineage down to less than 1%.

I'm as white as the driven snow. Lol.
They can't really distinguish with these DNA tests between any of the Celtic races.

Irish, Scottish, Brittany in France, etc. are all Celtic.

My sisters both took these tests and it comes out pretty close to what we know of our family tree. The younger sister tested out more Germanic than the other sister did.

I don't think these tests can show other than major sub-racial characteristics like Celtic, Germanic, Franco-Italian, Greek-Turkish, etc.

Forum List

Back