Has anyone changed

regent

Gold Member
Jan 30, 2012
Wonder if anyone on these boards has changed their position on one or more political issues as a result of the arguments put forth by a board poster? Has anyone changed their politics?

I havent, but it does confirm every stereotype about liberals I've heard.....no logic, reason or truth....and they are not tolerant......they are MILITANT homo lovers....and I mean there is no room for disagreement with these folks.......

I learned quite a bit on a few issues. I think I'm more open to gay marriage than I was when I got here....not so much against it as I was but still not convinced it's a good thing for society. I think I'm at the point where I think we might as well try it, I don't really think it can make things much worse.

I do think our country is worse off today than when I came here.

I have found out that I can be wrong as well as others.
I have learned more than if I had not been on a computer interacting with other posters, I would not have learned many new ideas and information.
My main interest here is not to paint groups a a whole but to recognize the individual.
Those of you with hateful 'tudes are mising out on life, good life. I know, I was once an angst ridden person with a heavy chip on my shoulder.

No, not one bit but then again I have never claimed that this activity is in any way constructive other than to ease any doubts I may have of my perceptions and beliefs. Preaching to the choir is masturbation and trying to win converts from the heathens is futile. There is always the hope that the lurkers may learn something but it is of secondary concern to me, I do this for my own edification and entertainment.

Every stereotype about hard right extremists have been validated. They have no logic, they consider opinion to be evidence, have no tolerance for any who disagree with them. No need to respect them or their ill-logic that has revealed itself to the sensible, moral American. The exceptions among them prove the rule about them.

Last edited:
Wonder if anyone on these boards has changed their position on one or more political issues as a result of the arguments put forth by a board poster? Has anyone changed their politics?

I'm much more proud of the liberal stances I've taken.

So, you have changed. You've gotten even stupider.

Exhibit A of my source of pride: I'm not often lumped in with people who use words like "stupider". The incessant sniping, profanity, doom-and-gloom, morose and lack of civility is apparent in almost every post from these people on the right. So, for that reason alone, I'm happy to not be associated with them.

Every stereotype about hard right extremists have been validated. They have no logic, they consider opinion to be evidence, have no tolerance for any who disagree with them. No need to respect them or their ill-logic has revealed itself to the sensible, moral American. The exceptions among them prove the rule about them.

Sorry man, you are the poster for the fake independant.....leftwing hack that doesnt have the balls to admit it....plus you offer nothing to a debate......

I'm much more proud of the liberal stances I've taken.

So, you have changed. You've gotten even stupider.

Exhibit A of my source of pride: I'm not often lumped in with people who use words like "stupider". The incessant sniping, profanity, doom-and-gloom, morose and lack of civility is apparent in almost every post from these people on the right. So, for that reason alone, I'm happy to not be associated with them.

Lack of civility? you mean from people who equate homo marriage with homo executions? and yes you are proper, morally superior east coast liberal type......in other words you're not honest, both sides lack civility......dont kid your self....mighty one!

my essential politics?

no.

but i have been convinced that i was wrong on an issue.

I was wrong once. I thought for a moment, I had made a mistake.

i'm glad you corrected yourself. :razz:

Forum List

Back