Has a Pope ever been de-Poped?

Yeah, defrocked. But not even really that. The only way he can be de-poped is to resign willingly.

Or, as Luissa mentioned, if another power conquers Vatican City and forces him into exile/kills him. That hasn't happened in a thousand years.

Yeah, defrocked. But not even really that. The only way he can be de-poped is to resign willingly.

Or, as Luissa mentioned, if another power conquers Vatican City and forces him into exile/kills him. That hasn't happened in a thousand years.

maybe its time?
Last time they came close was in 1527, when a combined German-Spanish army defeated the Swiss Guard, sacked Rome, and kidnapped the Pope.

In exchange for his life, the Pope gave the Germans (aka the Holy Roman Empire) 1,400 kilos of gold and most of northern Italy.

It is believed that the soldiers who participated in the pillage of Rome were primarily Protestant.

Last edited:
I have been in the Castle Saint Angelo bed room where Pope Clement VII hid out during the sack of Rome.

Not a bad place to hide.

When me and my Italian girlfriend returned to the hotel we played dirty Pope and his horny papal bull.

Last edited:
I have been in the Castle Saint Angelo bed room where Pope Clement VII hid out during the sack of Rome.

Not a bad place to hide.

When we returned to the hotel we played dirty Pope and his papal bull.

Me and my Italian girlfriend of the time had great sex that night.
Did you go to confession afterwords?

I confess all the time.

I want God to get bored with me. That way he will be too tired for wrath.

No joke however, I did have sex with her up a stair way in the cloisters of Saint John of Lateran.

I confess all the time.

I want God to get bored with me. That way he will be too tired for wrath.

No joke however, I did have sex with her up a stair way in the cloisters of Saint John of Lateran.
Did you bump into any monks?

I am not joking however, this lady loved danger sex.

And the profane nature of having sex up a stair in Saint John of Lateran was great fucking sex, I will concede her that.

We also had sex in the underground passages of the Roman Coliseum in Puzzuoli.

Dam I love history.

Last edited:
I wonder if any tour guides up above said to the Anglo toruists, "that sound, it is the ghost of lions ready to enter the arena."

Italians have not one puritan bone in their bodies.

I really don't know...but is it possible? IMO, this guy damaging the Catholic Church, maybe beyond repair.

The future Pope Benedict XVI resisted pleas to defrock a California priest with a record of sexually molesting children, citing concerns including "the good of the universal church," according to a 1985 letter bearing his signature.
AP EXCLUSIVE: Future pope stalled pedophile case | TPM News Pages

I'm still shaking my head in disbelief that the priest only got three years probabition for this:

Kiesle had been sentenced in 1978 to three years' probation after pleading no contest to misdemeanor charges of lewd conduct for tying up and molesting two young boys in a San Francisco Bay area church rectory.

ibid

What the hell? Three years probation for tying up two young boys and molesting them? Three freaking years of probation? :evil:

The low point of the Papacy was 867–1049.[33] The Papacy came under the control of vying political factions.[33] Popes were variously imprisoned, starved, killed, and deposed by force.[33] The family of a certain papal official made and unmade popes for fifty years.[33] The official's great-grandson, Pope John XII, held orgies of debauchery in the Lateran palace.[33] Emperor Otto I of Germany had John accused in an ecclesiastical court, which deposed him and elected a layman as Pope Leo VIII.[33] John mutilated the Imperial representatives in Rome and had himself reinstated as Pope.[33] Conflict between the Emperor and the papacy continued, and eventually dukes in league with the emperor were buying bishops and popes almost openly.[33]
Pope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
:lol: This might be a new low point.

It might be.

I do have to say, after reading a website that lists all molestations commited by people involved in a christian church. I think that the media needs to start covering some of those, the catholic church is not alone in this sort of thing.

I think there should be more publicity surrounding teachers who molest kids. More kids have been molested in SCHOOL than anywhere else.

Zero media coverage on that.

Speaking of popes...I don't think any have been removed from office, though I could be wrong. For a while there were two popes, and at least one is known to have been murdered (there have probably been more).

There was supposedly a female pope...a woman who impersonated a man. That's sort of trippy. The rumor is she died giving birth.
Pope Joan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

isnt the pope chosen by their god? i am always rather confused by that....a catholic friend of mine ..when that pope died 2 weeks after getting poped..said..."god corrected a man made error"
she believed the church made a mistake and god corrected it by taking the pope....

Forum List

Back