Harry Reid Not Releasing His Own Tax Returns...

He has things to hide.

there is NO other reason for him to try and do what hes doing.

Harry Reid Not Releasing His Own Tax Returns...

I didn't even know he was running for president.

Pubs/pots/rw's need to be careful what they wish for. If the new rule is that all politicians have to produce their tax returns, there's a bunch of them that would be in deep doo-doo.

Obama: a Kenyan born Muslim Racist who hates America.

Proof please.

Where's that rolling eyes emoticon when I need it?

Reid is lying on this. Period, end of story. And when he's caught for lying, he should be publicly flogged.

So now the right is demanding everyone else to release everything they got but Romney is exempt. Talk about consistency

He refused to release his own tax returns and attacked his opponent because her husband didnt release his tax returns

And the Wahington Post, a well known Liberal Media Outlet, scores Reid 4 Pinocchios on his claims about Romney's Taxes.

The Fact Checker

— Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), on the floor of the U.S. Senate, Aug. 2, 2012

Reid has generated a lot of controversy with his claim that presumptive GOP nominee did not pay any taxes for 10 years. He originally told the Huffington Post that a person who had invested with Bain Capital had called his office and told him this. Then, he told reporters in Nevada that “I have had a number of people tell me that.”

Reid has refused to identify his source (or sources). Romney and his campaign aides have emphatically denied the charge but Reid has stood firm. “I don't think the burden should be on me,” he said. “The burden should be on him. He's the one I've alleged has not paid any taxes.”

This whole exchange poses a fact-checking conundrum. Generally, we maintain that the person or the campaign making the charge must back it up. Reid has refused to provide any evidence, except for the (unproven) fact that someone called him up and told him something that may be true — or simply a rumor.

But we can still examine how credible this rumor might be.

The Facts

Romney has refused to release more than two years of tax returns. Most presidential candidates in recent years have released more than two years of returns, so Romney may be paying a political price for failing to release more.

But Romney’s 2010 return and his estimated 2011 return do show that he paid substantial taxes in those years. In 2010, he earned nearly $22 million, including $3 million in taxable interest, nearly $5 million in dividends and more than $12 million in capital gains. He reduced his taxes by giving $3 million in charitable contributions (much of it in appreciated stock, when shielded him from paying additional capital gains.)

In other words, this tax return shows a portfolio that is not structured to yield zero taxes. We spoke to a number of tax experts, all of whom said that, given Romney’s current portfolio, it was highly improbable for Romney to have had 10 years with taxfree returns — though there could have been one or two years with little or no taxes.

4 Pinocchios for Harry Reid’s claim about Mitt Romney’s taxes - The Washington Post

Of course he does...he's Obama's wooden boy~

Hes not running for president while having foreign bank accounts and tax shelters

You're delusional if you don't think Reid has tax shelters. A 401K is a tax shelter.

Actually....tax shelters were eliminated over 2 decades ago.

A 401(K) is not a tax shelter...it allows for tax deferrment....but you must pay taxes on it when the time comes when that "paper" turns into liquid money.

Likewise, there are no loopholes.

Anyone on the left or right that use the terms tax shelters and tax loopholes are naive...and if they are members of congress....then they are liars, for they know better.

Hes not running for president while having foreign bank accounts and tax shelters

You're delusional if you don't think Reid has tax shelters. A 401K is a tax shelter.

Actually....tax shelters were eliminated over 2 decades ago.

A 401(K) is not a tax shelter...it allows for tax deferrment....but you must pay taxes on it when the time comes when that "paper" turns into liquid money.

Likewise, there are no loopholes.

Anyone on the left or right that use the terms tax shelters and tax loopholes are naive...and if they are members of congress....then they are liars, for they know better.

Those bastards passed a law that allows them insider trading. Put nothing passed them, all of them.

Nothing apparently. Did you miss the following? :eusa_eh:

“All you have to do is go look,” he added. “I file every year, every stock trade, every piece of land I buy, all the money I have, it has the value of my homes, it’s got it all there.”

He files disclosure forms. He hasn't released his actual taxes. We don't know if what he puts on those disclosure forms is accurate.

He's not runniing for president and has given what he's legally required to. Where are Mitt's disclosure forms? Shouldn't he be first?

Mitt has also provided everything he's required too. Besides, presidents don't write tax policy, so no conflict of interest there. Harry Reid on the other hand, does write tax policy and needs to show us he doesn't write policy to benefit himself. Do you think Harry will learn how to write a budget, since we haven't seen one of those in three years?

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how Harry Reid hasn't worked a private job and somehow has managed to acquire a net worth of 10 million dollars on a senators salary?

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to how Harry Reid hasn't worked a private job and somehow has managed to acquire a net worth of 10 million dollars on a senators salary?

Yeah, I had to crack up when he said "I don't make too much Money." Where did he get all those $Millions from?

I want to KNOW how much money robmoney has and who hes really worried about saving.

Is his money safer in other countries?

then that other country may mean more to him than ours

Why are you so obsessed with how much money the man makes? He's rich, so what? So is your Dear Leader and Harry Reid.

I'm just interested, as I think most Americans, on what other phony business scams Mittens used to avoid taxes. Was his $77,000 write off of his wife's hobby, which only produced $211, just the tip of the iceberg? Does that limited partnership look like a serious business to you?

As for Reid, I don't think anyone should elect him president if he won't release his returns.

I want to KNOW how much money robmoney has and who hes really worried about saving.

Why are you so obsessed with how much money the man makes? He's rich, so what? So is your Dear Leader and Harry Reid.

I'm just interested, as I think most Americans, on what other phony business scams Mittens used to avoid taxes. Was his $77,000 write off of his wife's hobby, which only produced $211, just the tip of the iceberg? Does that limited partnership look like a serious business to you?

As for Reid, I don't think anyone should elect him president if he won't release his returns.

The IRS haven't come for him have they? Notify us when they do. We'll get excited with you.;

Well, there are many more important issues than this one. But if you Wingnuts want to obsess over this one, then go for it i guess. But the rest of America is worried about the real problems.

dear idiot,

PRESIDENTS are far more powerful than senators.

Most senators dont release their taxes while running.

Now tell me why all other Presidentail candidates have released theirs but that Robmoney is SOOOOO special he doesnt have to?
Dear Moron,
The leader of the Senate is more powerful than a president, and when conspiring with as disingenuous Marxist as Bambam, the Constitution is at a severe risk of annihilation.

That's why both have to go in November, no other reason necessary than that.

Reid is lying on this. Period, end of story. And when he's caught for lying, he should be publicly flogged.

If Romney thinks Reid is a liar, there's one really easy way to expose him -- release the tax returns. He won't do it, so obviously, he has something to hide. And it is oh so obvious. Romney is one slimy guy.

Forum List

Back