Harry Reid, Liberalism & Race

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Harry Reid is developing a well-deserved reputation for playing the race card. Last month he accused opponents of his secret healthcare bill of being the same as those who opposed ending slavery. It was a highly objectionable historical analogy based on extremely flawed logic. Those who are fighting to stop ObamaCare are upholding the ideal of freedom -- from government intrusion, confiscatory taxation and oppressive debt.

Reid, liberal Democrat and Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate, has now admitted to a 2008 comment calling Obama "a light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one." Joe Biden said something similar during the presidential campaign when he opined that Barack Obama is "articulate, bright and clean."

Liberals wear their racial obsession as a badge of moral superiority. We are seeing the prideful dark side to their championing racial justice. It is noblesse oblige, the arrogant belief that minorities owe them so much -- their very lives and livelihoods -- that liberals are entitled to have their stereotypes and prejudices overlooked. The beneficence they have bestowed upon the seething masses of dark skinned people places liberal racial morality beyond question. Dark skin does not matter to Reid or his colleagues of course, but they are sufficiently enlightened to observe that it matters to the less sophisticated. Conservatives, "tea baggers" and those rural white folks who cling to their guns and Bibles are the ones we need to be concerned about, not the self-benighted liberal intelligentsia.

American Thinker: Harry Reid, Liberalism & Race

As many otherwise articulate black people do, Barry does 'talk black' when he wants to (although I don't think he's nearly as good at it as say Oprah or Will Smith).

Reid, liberal Democrat and Majority Leader of the U.S. Senate, has now admitted to a 2008 comment calling Obama "a light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one."

American Thinker: Harry Reid, Liberalism & Race

Everyone seems to be over looking this part of Reid's statement. Seems as if he's accusing Obama of something. Hmmm :eusa_whistle:

I didn't overlook it. I mentioned it in another thread,, it's the liberal side who wishes it would go away.. but it won't..

The truth is that Harry Reid and his liberal cohorts are the very definition of racists. They do not see "minorities" as individuals, but as part of a faceless group of victims. Joe Biden and Harry Reid give us a clear picture of how liberals view black Americans: none too bright, not very clean, have very dark skin and speak Ebonics or jive, except for Obama and a few others. That is called racial stereotyping. Liberals deny they do this, but out of the abundance of their hearts, their mouths speak.

I have seen this attitude quite often myself, it drips off people who call themselves 'progressives.'

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Like others who have made this error. Quiting is the honorable way to go. Reid should resign. I can understand waiting until the health care vote is final. He should announce his intention to resign as soon as that business is done. In the interm, he should resign as House Majority leader.

Like others who have made this error. Quiting is the honorable way to go. Reid should resign. I can understand waiting until the health care vote is final. He should announce his intention to resign as soon as that business is done. In the interm, he should resign as House Majority leader.

agreed. but unless the craps ask him to he gets a free pass

Forum List

Back