Harry Reid: Entitlement cuts need big deal

The President & Senate offered the Repubs $4 trillion in austerity (from the poor & middle-class) for a measly $400 billion in revenue & the Repubs bailed. Blatant partisan ploy on the Repubs part.

the democrats already got

770 BILLION IN NEW TAXES in the hc bill

I always knew that the Democrats didn't care about the down and out anymore, but thanks for making it official.

You want to end up like Greece? Keep giving freebies to the freeloaders. It stops here. It stops now.

Somehow helping out America's seniors doesn't sound like 'freebies for freeloaders'. Maybe if Americans weren't so quick to leave home and ditch their parents when they become elderly, we wouldn't need Medicare and SS.

One of the reasons why older people live longer is because old isn't = 'poor and starving' anymore.

What is your argument? No one is cutting benefits for those who paid in.

Seniors have SS & Medicare, as long as the ones who contributed get the services, and the ones who did not pay their own way. We worked all our lives and want to be sure that SS & Medicare are there for the ones who paid in. We also need to limit the lifetime benefit to keep the programs alive.

How fucking hard is first pay off your debt before you raise your credit limit to understand? Seems like commonsense to me. I must be from another fucking planet concerning this subject. Just saying. It's what we gotta do as a Nation if we want to keep our heads above water. Course, there is a whole hell of alot more we could do internally and Internationally in regards to Wars and wasteful Foreign aid and spending overall. ~BH

GOP should stand their ground. The dems had control and did nothing but spend to the point we now have to sell the kitchen sink.

Yep, and that was after the rightys had control and buried us with borrow & spend to the point the country collapsed on the eve of Bush retirement. Nasty stuff huh?:eek:

GOP should stand their ground. The dems had control and did nothing but spend to the point we now have to sell the kitchen sink.

Screw Harry Reid........... He had his chance, let them sink

By them, it actually is the U.S economy.

So what you're essentially calling for is the GOP to reject any deal that involves any compromise whatsoever and act like spoiled children. And you're telling me it's not partisanship? :eusa_eh:

Democrats proceed to put entitlements on the table for reform, and you want the GOP to say no. Clearly there's more to this for you than actually cutting the deficit.

No what im calling for is NO NEW TAXES
What part of stand your ground is in question?

The last guy that promised us that, LIED!!!! LOL!

Forum List

Back