Harley-Davidson Cuts IT Staff; Shifts Some to Infosys

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
New York City
But this comes with a caveat:

The iconic motorcycle maker just signed a five-year deal with Infosys that includes applications management, infrastructure support and hosting services. It reportedly insisted that Infosys set up shop in Milwaukee — where Harley-Davidson is based — if it wanted the contract. The facility will be Infosys’ 18th tech center in the United States. The company has pledged to hire nearly 2,000 people in the United States this year.Harley-Davidson Cuts IT Staff; Shifts Some to Infosys | Dice Blog Network

:clap2:

So Harley outsourced to an employer who will pay less and provide less benefits?

Yep something to celebrate about....

So Harley outsourced to an employer who will pay less and provide less benefits?

Well yes and no.

I'd prefer they not "outsource" but many companies are jettisoning their IT departments in favor of this sort of thing. In my opinion, that's a big mistake..but that's another thread.

But at least they made a requirement that they hire in country.

Which means many of the people that are losing their jobs can re-apply.

And it also means we aren't losing the jobs in general.

Well yes and no.

I'd prefer they not "outsource" but many companies are jettisoning their IT departments in favor of this sort of thing. In my opinion, that's a big mistake..but that's another thread.

Well yes it is less bad than the job going to India.
However it is a part of the lowering of the US standard of living.

Well yes and no.

Well yes it is less bad than the job going to India.
However it is a part of the lowering of the US standard of living.

Oh..I agree fully.

But the requirement thing is relatively new. Most companies don't give a rat's ass about where the workers are coming from..so long as the job gets done at a cheaper rate.

This is a silver lining in some dark storm clouds.

Maybe they can apply the cost savings to reduce the price of the obsolete junk motorcycles that they peddle.

But of course capitalism don't work that way, do it?

Forum List

Back