Happy Wife Happy Life and why thats total Bullshit

Life is too short to stay in an unhappy marriage. It serves no one. Not the couple and certainly not the children.

Its time we stopped thinking or saying that staying married is more important than being happy.

Make getting married hard and getting divorced easy.

Well I agree with you there, however when you get married or in a relationship its not going to be peaches and cream all the time and one big honeymoon either.

I stayed in a shitty marriage with an abusive alcoholic for 25 years because I believed I should honor the commitment I had made. I never asked my spouse to change because I also believe I am the only person who I can change. I never asked for anything and never got anything - including sexual fidelity.

I never expected peaches and cream but I would not advise anyone to stay in a crappy marriage.

Well in your case you had every right to leave, I agree.

Well I agree with you there, however when you get married or in a relationship its not going to be peaches and cream all the time and one big honeymoon either.

I stayed in a shitty marriage with an abusive alcoholic for 25 years because I believed I should honor the commitment I had made. I never asked my spouse to change because I also believe I am the only person who I can change. I never asked for anything and never got anything - including sexual fidelity.

I never expected peaches and cream but I would not advise anyone to stay in a crappy marriage.

Why "my case"?

Why should anyone stay in an unsatisfying marriage?

For the kids? That has been used as an excuse but why make kids miserable too?

This is real talk right here.

The problem is that women AND men refuse to admit there are differences. Men have been whooped so bad that when they saw the OP it was like opening the door on the cell except they didnt realize they were prisoners.

lol

Well if you've been married for a long time you don't really see these things, but I've been single for the past year and a half and I see what you are saying very clearly and there are very distinct differences in men and women when it comes to looking for someone to date or whatever.

I believe the French refer to that as vive le difference!

Why "my case"?

Why should anyone stay in an unsatisfying marriage?

For the kids? That has been used as an excuse but why make kids miserable too?

Dude your blowing this out of proportion, I'm just saying people give up too easily on their commitments these days and you are taking it as if I said everyone MUST stay married, I got a divorce after 5 years so I know what you are saying.

Oh, I think it always has been hard, no different today than before.

Well, today our divorce rate is through the roof and people don't try as hard in relationships. People my age and younger dont want to wait on anything good we want everything our way right now and easy, in the past you would see couples married 30, 40 years staying together through thick and thin, now if you cough at the wrong time or say the wrong thing the relationship is over just like that, hell you don't even get a chance these days smh

Life is too short to stay in an unhappy marriage. It serves no one. Not the couple and certainly not the children.

Its time we stopped thinking or saying that staying married is more important than being happy.

Make getting married hard and getting divorced easy.

It shouldn't necessarily be about the paperwork being an artificial bureaucratic nightmare... It should be about educating the young 'uns about the consequences of entering in to legal contracts with others, the marriage contract among them, and encouraging them to marry for the right reasons.

It's also about teaching them the consequences of pretending to be married, how to play the games safely, and taking responsibility for fuck-ups.

Forum List

Back