Happy Wife Happy Life and why thats total Bullshit

Yes, but women face the same pressures sometimes, and the same results.

Sometimes but real talk women will look for a dude that has their stuff "together". Together of course means different things to different women but most of the time it involves having things...Job, Money, car etc. If not at least they need to be ambitious.

Men will date the fry girl at McDonalds. Our main requirement is being attractive. So we'll date a chick on the bus. When we tell our friends about it they dont say "She dont drive? "How much she make?" etc

This is real talk right here.

The problem is that women AND men refuse to admit there are differences. Men have been whooped so bad that when they saw the OP it was like opening the door on the cell except they didnt realize they were prisoners.

lol

I say it a different way but I agree 100%

A woman will spend her time trying to change who you are, if she succeeds she will dump you for someone who was what YOU WERE when she met you.

I think the problem with me is that people take my way as abrasive so they recoil from it initially but once they get finished gasping and placing the back of their hand on their foreheads they start to look at the substance.

Yes, but women face the same pressures sometimes, and the same results.

Sometimes but real talk women will look for a dude that has their stuff "together". Together of course means different things to different women but most of the time it involves having things...Job, Money, car etc. If not at least they need to be ambitious.

Men will date the fry girl at McDonalds. Our main requirement is being attractive. So we'll date a chick on the bus. When we tell our friends about it they dont say "She dont drive? "How much she make?" etc

A Difference Between Boys and Girls

A man and a woman walk in to a party as each others wing-men. Purely platonic. Like brother and sister. Both looking to have a good time and both wishing the other good luck.

Inside they find 100, give or take, evenly split between hotties and hunks. A target rich environment indeed.

The woman looks around and quickly sees 3 or 4 guys she'd like to be introduced to.

The dude scans the room and sees 2 chicks he wouldn't do.

:party:

A Difference Between Boys and Girls

A man and a woman walk in to a party as each others wing-men. Purely platonic. Like brother and sister. Both looking to have a good time and both wishing the other good luck.

Inside they find 100, give or take, evenly split between hotties and hunks. A target rich environment indeed.

The woman looks around and quickly sees 3 or 4 guys she'd like to be introduced to.

The dude scans the room and sees 2 chicks he wouldn't do.

:party:

Quoted for truth. :clap2:

I say it a different way but I agree 100%

A woman will spend her time trying to change who you are, if she succeeds she will dump you for someone who was what YOU WERE when she met you.

I think the problem with me is that people take my way as abrasive so they recoil from it initially but once they get finished gasping and placing the back of their hand on their foreheads they start to look at the substance.

My wife didn't try to change me one iota.

Of course, I'm perfect, so her efforts would have been futile anyways.

Never asked you to do or for anything? This is a breathing spouse correct? Not one of those new lifestyle blow up doll situations or something to that effect, right?

The number of times my wife or I have yelled at each other in 10 years: Once.

My wife is recuperating from surgery. I'm sitting here, waiting on her for whatever she needs. She's barely a hassle. Yet, she asks if she's putting me out too much. I laugh.

Last edited:

Never asked you to do or for anything? This is a breathing spouse correct? Not one of those new lifestyle blow up doll situations or something to that effect, right?

My wife is recuperating from surgery. I'm sitting here, waiting on her for whatever she needs. She's barely a hassle. Yet, she asks if she's putting me out too much. I laugh.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Mrs. Toro. What a sweetie. :)

The problem is that women AND men refuse to admit there are differences. Men have been whooped so bad that when they saw the OP it was like opening the door on the cell except they didnt realize they were prisoners.

lol

Well if you've been married for a long time you don't really see these things, but I've been single for the past year and a half and I see what you are saying very clearly and there are very distinct differences in men and women when it comes to looking for someone to date or whatever.

lol

Well if you've been married for a long time you don't really see these things, but I've been single for the past year and a half and I see what you are saying very clearly and there are very distinct differences in men and women when it comes to looking for someone to date or whatever.

Look for an equal partner and someone who likes you just the way you are, and you, also, like her just the way she is. Wanting to change someone, or their dreams, desires, approach to life, etc., is not a good idea. I think the saying about if the wife is happy, then the husband is happy: that is the image of a controlling woman. It isn't the man's job to make sure the couple is happy. Think about making each other happy. That's how it should work.

Last edited:

lol

Look for an equal partner and someone who likes you just the way you are, and you, also, like her just the way she is. Wanting to change someone, or their dreams, desires, approach to life, etc., is not a good idea. I think the saying about if the wife is happy, then the husband is happy: that is the image of a controlling woman. It isn't the man's job to make sure the couple is happy. Think about making each other happy. That's how it should work.

I agree with you however that is SO hard to find these days smh

Oh, I think it always has been hard, no different today than before.

lol

Like I said I've been married for 3 but been with her for 13 years and I can tell you that like other guys I've read the womans blogs about what they want, spoken to females about what they like, Watched numerous shows etc etc from a womans perspective.

Its the same advice over and over. Basically guys you do this this this this and that for her and wait...something good should happen and if it doesnt its still your fault!

Besides just receiving women arent advised to do anything that a man wants or likes. Both men and women are getting advice from only women. Thats fucked up because if you notice we are being told to always be less "man". Dont be angry, dont be aggressive etc etc.

Bottom line High you have to know your worth. Are you a good dude? Are you a provider? Do you have your self "together"? Then act like it. Confidence is the key to every fucking thing....And Confidence is the key to fucking everything

And dont get me wrong I dont have all the answers at all, just offering an alternative to the typical advice.

Well, today our divorce rate is through the roof and people don't try as hard in relationships. People my age and younger dont want to wait on anything good we want everything our way right now and easy, in the past you would see couples married 30, 40 years staying together through thick and thin, now if you cough at the wrong time or say the wrong thing the relationship is over just like that, hell you don't even get a chance these days smh

lol

Like I said I've been married for 3 but been with her for 13 years and I can tell you that like other guys I've read the womans blogs about what they want, spoken to females about what they like, Watched numerous shows etc etc from a womans perspective.

Its the same advice over and over. Basically guys you do this this this this and that for her and wait...something good should happen and if it doesnt its still your fault!

Besides just receiving women arent advised to do anything that a man wants or likes. Both men and women are getting advice from only women. Thats fucked up because if you notice we are being told to always be less "man". Dont be angry, dont be aggressive etc etc.

Bottom line High you have to know your worth. Are you a good dude? Are you a provider? Do you have your self "together"? Then act like it. Confidence is the key to every fucking thing....And Confidence is the key to fucking everything

You just nailed it again Chief :clap2:

Your marriage sounds like mine. We're both very lucky.

I hope your wife recovers with no problems.

Well, today our divorce rate is through the roof and people don't try as hard in relationships. People my age and younger dont want to wait on anything good we want everything our way right now and easy, in the past you would see couples married 30, 40 years staying together through thick and thin, now if you cough at the wrong time or say the wrong thing the relationship is over just like that, hell you don't even get a chance these days smh

Life is too short to stay in an unhappy marriage. It serves no one. Not the couple and certainly not the children.

Its time we stopped thinking or saying that staying married is more important than being happy.

Make getting married hard and getting divorced easy.

Life is too short to stay in an unhappy marriage. It serves no one. Not the couple and certainly not the children.

Its time we stopped thinking or saying that staying married is more important than being happy.

Well I agree with you there, however when you get married or in a relationship its not going to be peaches and cream all the time and one big honeymoon either.

I don't nag my husband. There are many things I would like to nag him about, there are many things I'm less than pleased about, but I restrain myself. It does no good and I wouldn't want someone nagging me all the time.

I will tell him once about something and that's it. If it's a really serious matter, like he's driving us into a financial dark pit, I might bring it up again...occasionally. But usually I just figure out a solution on my own and leave him to his computers and books. He quit his job, went on unemployment for several months and then got a job making half of what he used to make. Almost destroyed us. Now he goes to work and that's it. He does not help out around the house at all. I do EVERYTHING. He doesn't even change light bulbs or take out trash.

This is a conscious decision of mine. It is easier for me to just take care of everything than to be constantly bickering and nagging at him. That's not who I want to be.

He's really kind of worthless any more. He didn't want to get his lazy butt out of bed and come with me when I had to take my beloved dog to the emergency vet. And he had the next day off, there was no reason he couldn't come along. And I had to have her put to sleep all by myself and drive home afterwards by myself.

But that's what the vows mean when they say "for better or for worse." I made a commitment and I'm in it to stay.

I kind of like being so self-sufficient, but damn, sometimes I'd like a shoulder to lean on.

Too much information? :)

Just curious... What do YOU do?

Not sure if this is what you're asking but I:

Work full time making about 2 1/2 times as much money as he does.
Wash all the dishes, cook all the meals. I mean ALL.
Do all the laundry.
Do all the grocery shopping
Do all the other shopping, including buying his clothes, shoes and other items he needs.
Do all the house cleaning, including taking out the trash.
Shovel the driveway and paths since he can't do it anymore because of his hernia.
Rake the leaves in the fall, luckily we don't have a lawn or I'd have to mow it.
Take care of four dogs and six cats, including cleaning six cat boxes every day, walking the dogs, taking to vet, brushing, trimming nails and claws, etc.
Do all the driving, he doesn't drive so I drive him to and from his work.
Since I'm the driver in the family, I also take care of all vehicle maintenance.
Take care of all the financial matters, pay the bills, balance checkbook, do the taxes.
Do minor repairs around the house, arrange for major repairs and maintenance.

I should mention. He does fill the cats' bowls with dry food once a day. Umm...that's about it.

How often do you have to dust him?

Well I agree with you there, however when you get married or in a relationship its not going to be peaches and cream all the time and one big honeymoon either.

And this is why people bail. Once the new car smell wears off they run for the hills. The key is maintaining the relationship. No one wants to admit this but theres an element of manipulation, seduction and psychology involved in relationships. You have a choice play the game or dont...Everyone is playing the game...Even if you choose NOT to play the game you are making a choice right?

Finding the "perfect mate" seems like a great idea but if you were a fly on the wall you'd know if it exists its rare as fuck. What most likely will happen is you will need to employ tactics to make things the way you want them. And if it doesnt work take the loss...because really when you walk away from something that doesnt fit you its not really a loss to begin with

I stayed in a shitty marriage with an abusive alcoholic for 25 years because I believed I should honor the commitment I had made. I never asked my spouse to change because I also believe I am the only person who I can change. I never asked for anything and never got anything - including sexual fidelity.

I never expected peaches and cream but I would not advise anyone to stay in a crappy marriage.

And this is why people bail. Once the new car smell wears off they run for the hills. The key is maintaining the relationship. No one wants to admit this but theres an element of manipulation, seduction and psychology involved in relationships. You have a choice play the game or dont...Everyone is playing the game...Even if you choose NOT to play the game you are making a choice right?

Finding the "perfect mate" seems like a great idea but if you were a fly on the wall you'd know if it exists its rare as fuck. What most likely will happen is you will need to employ tactics to make things the way you want them. And if it doesnt work take the loss...because really when you walk away from something that doesnt fit you its not really a loss to begin with

I don't think there is any such thing as a "perfect mate" because human beings are not perfect.

I really do believe in the sappy maxim of "don't sweat the small stuff and its all small stuff".

Anyone who corrects the way their spouse loads the dishwasher deserves exactly what they get.

Forum List

Back